Barchester Westlake House Care Home, Horsham, West Sussex
Barchester Westlake House Care Home
Barchester Westlake House Care Home

Barchester Westlake House Care Home for First Class Care and Comfort in Horsham, West Sussex

Located in a leafy rural countryside setting, yet local to picturesque and thriving Horsham Town Centre, Westlake is a warm, friendly and an inviting home, offering first-class 24-hour nursing and residential care in West Sussex. Less than a five minute drive to the nearest rail station, we have plenty of local amenities on our doorstep. Westlake is proud of its beautifully maintained and nurtured gardens which both residents and visitors to the home can enjoy all year around.

Our dedicated and experienced team are passionate about providing quality care that affords the best possible alternative for those who are no longer able to manage at home. We empower our residents to regain independence, choice and freedom in their lives in a safe and comfortable setting.

Westlake has en-suite, fully furnished bedrooms which can be personalised, beautiful lounge areas with pretty views as well as elegant dining rooms in a relaxed atmosphere. Our team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focus on the individual needs of our residents with a bespoke care plan for each person.

Our dedication to personalised care can be seen across the board - in our cooking, hospitality and organising activities for our residents. Our team of chefs are passionate about producing nutritional meals which are appetising and varied. Our activities on offer are determined by the interests of our residents in the home and can vary from arts & crafts to musical events and much more as well as regular outings.

Westlake House are delighted to be offering free WIFI to our residents and visitors. This allows our residents more ways of keeping touch with their loved ones. Our bedrooms are also set up with a Sky connection and phone line should you wish to make a private arrangement for this.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Joanna March (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Westlake House Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester Westlake House Care Home

(We currently have limited availability - 1 Single room with ensuite for Nursing or Residential care. Please contact us to discuss your needs further, we would love to welcome you for a visit.)
posted 29 Sep 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester Westlake House Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.5 for Barchester Westlake House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester Westlake House Care Home

When my father was admitted last October, the family didn't expect him to see Christmas, his condition being so bad. Due to the care, especially that of his nurse Louisa, his condition has improved beyond belief, his ulcerated legs, very nearly healed. They cope with his outbursts and sharp tongue. Their attention to detail is exceptional. The atmosphere is one of caring.

Submitted by Karen J (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 12 June 2014.

Review of Barchester Westlake House Care Home

Westlake House is a very homely place. It feels very welcoming when you enter the building. The staff are very caring and look after my mother very well. She has settled into the home and is happy. I would recommend this care home.

Submitted by Julie A (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 1 May 2014.

Review of Barchester Westlake House Care Home

This is a very caring home, my mums quality of life has improved so much since she has been there. Lots of activities for residents to do if they wish. Excellent food. Good trips out in the minibus.

Submitted by Lesley M (Daughter of resident) on Wednesday 16 April 2014.

Review of Barchester Westlake House Care Home

They are all very kind, caring staff and do their very best to make it a happy home for all the residents.

Submitted by Angela H (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 10 April 2014.

Review of Barchester Westlake House Care Home

Dad was very poorly when arriving at home 4 years ago and is now very healthy for a 95 year old.

Submitted by Graham S (Son of resident) on Tuesday 8 April 2014.

Review of Barchester Westlake House Care Home

Care is excellent, in fact if I had to go into care, this would be my choice.

Submitted by Doreen Tenner (Wife of resident) on Tuesday 1 April 2014.

Review of Barchester Westlake House Care Home

I would recommend this care home firstly, the home stands in lovely garden surroundings and everything is cheerful and bright. The staff are very caring and helpful especially if you have a problem with health or at home. They all gather together to help you solve the problem which makes one feel wanted and not useless. The nursing staff are wonderful helping one through troubled times. Yes I would recommend this home always.

Submitted by Jean Fleet (Resident) on Monday 31 March 2014.

Review of Barchester Westlake House Care Home

It would be nice if residents could have access to the internet especially skype so they could speak to/see relatives who live overseas. My father-in-law has a daughter in Germany and a granddaughter and four great grandchildren in New Zealand and I am sure other residents will be in a similar position.

Submitted by Ian M (Son-in-law of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 13 February 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester Westlake House Care Home

(please write a short headline summary)

Registered Nurse - RGN

£ competitive + free training / CPD

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Horsham, West Sussex

20 Oct 2014
Apply Here

Joanna

Joanna March

Joined: 2009

I have worked in a number of homes within Barchester Healthcare and am delighted to be part of the team at Westlake House. I am passionate about providing excellent care for older people and establishing a home where residents feel comfortable, safe and happy. Managing the day to day running of the home, I ensure that residents receive a level of care that suits their individual needs. I love having visitors, so please do pop in for a cup of tea!

Liz

Liz Higson

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 1999

I have been at Westlake House since 1999 and am an experienced trained nurse. I work alongside Joanna and the well established team in supporting the smooth running of the home and overseeing the clinical care provided by the nurses. I am a huge music fan and love live music and going to concerts.

Janet

Janet Ward

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2009

Having been at Westlake House for over 3 years as Administrative Assistant. I am delighted to have progressed into the role of Administrator following my predecessors recent retirement. I remain dedicated and fully involved with the team at Westlake House along with the residents and relatives, working closely with Joanna in the administration and running of the home.

Louisa

Louisa Moyo

Job Title: First Floor Sister

Joined: 2004

I joined Westlake House in 2004 having worked in a number of care homes since 2000. I am responsible for the care of the residents who live on the first floor. I love getting to know the residents and their families and ensuring that they get the best care during their stay at Westlake House.

Violeta

Violeta Olteiu-Chivulescu

Job Title: Ground Floor Sister

Joined: 2011

I am responsible for the care of the residents on the ground floor. I ensure that each resident receives excellent person-centred care and work alongside the team to make sure that thorough and accurate care plans are in place for each individual.

Qualified in 1985, I have 20 years experience in hospitals both in New Zealand and Romania. Most recently, I moved to the UK in 2010 and worked for people with learning disabilities before joining Westlake House in 2011.

Irena

Irena Harvey

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2007

I started at Barchester as Assistant Chef and have enjoyed my career growth to Head Chef. I am passionate about providing good, nutritional, interesting and a varied menu for our residents and getting them involved in the seasonal changes to the menu. My colleagues share with me that I have a 'nothing is too much trouble' approach to my work and I like to spoil everyone and look after them. I love making the extra effort to add those special finishing touches or responding to special requests.

Ryan

Ryan McFee

Job Title: Second Chef

I joined in March 2012 as the Second Chef. I enjoy all aspects of my work from cooking tasty nutritious food to meet the dietary needs to meeting and interacting with the residents. My background is restaurants and pubs and I enjoy all aspects of cookery.

Diane

Diane Mancini

Job Title: Chef

Joined: 2013

I joined the team at Westlake House in 2013 and enjoy making delicious food which is full of flavour for our residents to enjoy. My speciality is cakes where I like to be creative and make them look beautiful. I love to chat to the residents and although I have only recently joined the team, I feel very much part of the home at Westlake House.

Wendy

Wendy Griffiths

Job Title: Head Housekeeper

Joined: 2009

I joined Westlake House in 2009 as a Housekeeping Assistant progressing to Deputy Housekeeper and then Head Housekeeper. I enjoy the role and the responsibility of ensuring that the standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained for the comfort of our residents.

Brian

Brian Avis

Job Title: Head of Maintenance

Joined: 2013

I joined Westlake Care Home in August 2013. My main responsibility is keeping the maintenance and documentation of the home up to Barchester’s high standard code.

I enjoy meeting the visitors to the home and having a chat with the residents. On a day to day basis my role can be very varied from electrical problems to delivering prescriptions and all aspects of maintenance.

Even though I haven't been at Westlake long I already feel a valued part of the team.

I have been an Electrician all my working life. I have worked mainly in Building Services around London and the South East. I was also a Retained Fire-fighter at Horsham Fire Station for 25 years which had another set of challenges!

Valerie

Valerie Kilroy

Job Title: Home Trainer

I ensure that all staff are trained to meet the required standards in order to carry out their individual roles. My role is varied where I induct and support new staff, oversee training statistics and also work on the floor as a Care Assistant.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Westlake House Care Home