Barchester Westergate House Care Home, Bognor Regis, Arundel, West Sussex
Barchester Westergate House Care Home
Barchester Westergate House Care Home

A former mansion house with its own extensive grounds, our Grade II listed home, Westergate, has plenty of local amenities in nearby Chichester yet within easy reach of Arundel and the beautiful South Downs. We provide first-class 24-hour nursing care alongside expert care for people with dementia in our Memory Lane Community.

Our team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focuses on the individual needs of our residents with a tailored care plan for each person. And our dedication can be seen across the board - in our cooking, hospitality and organising activities for our residents.

We think you'll find we're suited to meet your needs now and in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you for a visit!

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Paul Anthony Middleton (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 76 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Westergate House Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester Westergate House Care Home

(We currently have limited availability - 1 Frail Elderly Nursing/Residential and 1 Dementia Nursing. Please contact us to discuss your needs further. We would love to welcome you for a visit.)
posted 21 Aug 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester Westergate House Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Barchester Westergate House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Monday 19 May 2014 by Margaret M (Daughter of resident)

From the moment my mother was admitted to the dementia unit at Watergate House, I felt happy that she was being cared for as I have wished. The staff are friendly and their care of residents in the dementia unit is amazing. They have great patience and understanding with residents and families alike. I am able to speak to them if I have any concerns about my mother's health or well-being. Activities are arranged on a regular basis and visiting hours are very flexible. My mother’s room is always clean and tidy as are all areas of the unit. The gardens are well kept and accessible to residents (with supervision). Although my mother has dementia, she still has high praise for all the staff and is very happy.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Monday 19 May 2014 by Peter Sabini (Son of resident)

Wonderful carers. Very good food. Nice and warm and comfortable. Couldn't ask for more.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Monday 19 May 2014 by Yvonne Rosen (Daughter of resident)

After less than satisfactory stays at two previous care homes, we were lucky enough to find Westergate House.Mum has been a resident here for nearly 2 years now and we cannot fault anything at all about this home, in fact, it seems to get better and better. The staff are truly amazing, caring, friendly and diligent about their approach to their charges. The most important thing by far is that mum is now happy, relaxed, (she was frightened at the previous home) and healthy, and when I see her, I am reassured and confident that I am leaving her in kind competent hands. Thank you Westergate House!

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Thursday 15 May 2014 by Judith R (Daughter of resident)

Caring staff and good facilities.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Tuesday 13 May 2014 by John Gregory (Husband of resident)

The best home I saw when choosing one for my wife and, if that day comes, my choice for me. The staff are outstanding in their care and concern for the residents and the relatives.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Tuesday 13 May 2014 by Jacqui H (Daughter of resident)

My mother receives excellent care as her Alzheimer's gets progressively worse. Everyone is friendly and helpful and go out of their way to assist should I have any inquiries about my mother.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Tuesday 13 May 2014 by Tina W (Daughter of resident)

Friendly caring staff. Paul Middleton (manager) is very caring and most helpful. Home is in very pleasant surroundings. Julia (activity co-ordinator) is wonderful with residents.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Monday 12 May 2014 by Elizabeth S (Wife of resident)

My son Peter, visited several care homes in, and near, our area, and chose Westergate House. I cannot praise it enough, and you experience a great service, beginning at reception and following through. Worthy of notice, is how the staff deal with difficult residents so kindly. We visit frequently and appreciate the family atmosphere.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Wednesday 7 May 2014 by Phillipa McBean (Daughter of resident)

Because they care, I care: I am very satisfied that having chosen a Barchester home, they do live up to their reputation. The staff from cleaners, maintenance, gardener, carers, cooks, nurses, admin and especially the General manager go that bit further every time. We could not ask for anything, except a pot of strong tea, not cups and weak every time, that's our only complaint. Well done Westergate.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Tuesday 6 May 2014 by KAB (Relative of Care Home Resident)

It's a very difficult decision to make on someone else's behalf when the time comes for them to go into full time care. This decision became much easier after visiting Westergate and being shown round. The home is bright, spacious and cheerful with lots of colourful pictures and murals and none of the lingering smells which are so often prevalent. Mum's sunny room overlooks a field with trees and horses and the Home's gardens are pleasant to sit in when weather permits. The location is peaceful and attractive. Most of all though we are impressed by the staff who are friendly and cheerful and full of smiles. They seem very kind and caring. It has required a period of adjustment for Mum but she has settled in with their help. We had dreaded moving her into care but are glad to have her in Westergate and grateful for their care.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Sunday 4 May 2014 by Beryl McLaughlin (Wife of resident)

Staff are respectful, caring and kind at all times. They have persevered to meet the needs of my husband in an extremely professional way. When I visit the home I am made welcome, and always greeted with a smile.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Tuesday 4 March 2014 by Tania Hanson (Daughter of Resident)

Westergate House is a fabulous place. The manager, Paul Middleton is excellent, he is caring and shows respect and kindness to my mother at all times. The rest of the staff are exceptional, nothing is too much trouble to them, and my mother is treated with dignity and care at all times. This also extends to resident's facilities and friends. Westergate House is also always a happy place, with lots of laughter and smiles.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Sunday 23 February 2014 by Anne Baynham (Daughter of resident)

I would strongly recommend this care home, they provide very good care to their clients, meeting specific individual needs. Very kind and friendly staff. Manager is approachable and proactive. Grounds and house is beautiful.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Wednesday 14 August 2013 by Ruth Story (Daughter of resident)

I am immensely grateful to Westergate for all they have done for my father. They have put his needs first, and every time a potential issue has come up, eg. moving my father to the dementia wing, they have gone out of their way to accomodate his needs, and ensure his quality of life is protected. The staff are fantastic dealing with him, respect his wishes, and tolerate his foibles, and have a great rapport with him. My father was very hostile to moving into care and could have reacted negatively if badly handled - it is testament to Westergate that he is so settled, happy, and thriving.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Saturday 19 January 2013 by John Lewis (Son of resident)

My Mother, 91 years old and suffering from Alzheimer's, became a resident at Westergate House last autumn when we were no longer able to provide her with the support she needed at home. I am delighted with the care she is now receiving, the quality of the accommodation food & facilities and above all the friendly and considerate staff. It is an enormous comfort to know that Mum is being looked after so well. I would not hesitate in recommending Westergate House.

Review of Barchester Westergate House Care Home on Wednesday 19 December 2012 by John Gregory (Husband of resident)

I called one morning and was welcomed and invited to look around even though I had not made an appointment. The love and care given to all the residents regardless of age or infirmity.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester Westergate House Care Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Barchester Westergate House Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Care assistants

£comp + free training + benefits

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Arundel , West Sussex

12 Sep 2014

Paul

Paul Middleton

Joined: 2005

"I have over 20 years experience within the healthcare profession, working in the NHS prior to moving to the private healthcare sector in 1997; having been with Barchester for over 9 years now. My role is to oversee the smooth running of all aspects of the home across all departments. The quality of the delivery of person centred care is paramount in my philosophy to create a home where I would be happy to be a resident. I feel passionately about Westergate and together with my team, we are committed to making a difference for our residents, supporting individuals in everyday successes."

Ann

Ann Burch

Job Title: Head of Care

Joined: 2010

Ann has been a qualified nurse for over 25 years, specialsing in more recent years in both palliative and dementia care; bringing a wealth of expertise to the home. Ann supports Paul in overseeing the clinical needs of the home, guiding and supporting the nurses and care staff in maintaining clinical excellence in their person centred delivery of care. "Although we all come from different ares of nursing, we come together here at Westergate house and strive to deliver the highest standard of person centred care in a rich, warm and loving environment."

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Westergate House Care Home