Fees Advice From Saga
Hinton Grange, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Hinton Grange
Hinton Grange

Tel: 0333 434 3041

Hinton Grange is a Cambridgeshire 60-bed care facility that boasts an extensive range of expertise to suit those with nursing and residential care needs, thanks to a highly-skilled and dedicated team of professionals.

Amongst those looked after at Hilton Grange include many with mental health illnesses such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, as well as some who are recovering from stroke and benefit from effective rehabilitation methods.

Residents enjoy a versatile outlook upon the care setting, with key workers, GPs, dentists and opticians all visiting the home and many opportunities available within the local community and scenic countryside locations to visit.

Owner: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Kathryn Bagnall (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cambridgeshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 56 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Hinton Grange: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Hinton Grange

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hinton Grange

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Hinton Grange) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Hinton Grange on Wednesday 3 July 2013 by Mr G Turnbull (Son of resident)

Today I went to thank the staff caring for my very elderly mother. My occasional visits may please mum but the staff at the home are there all day, every day. They do a difficult job with great kindness and every day that is good for mum.

Review of Hinton Grange on Monday 24 June 2013 by Paul Lewis (Son of resident)

I moved my mother to Hinton Grange earlier this year, as I was unhappy with the quality of care she was receiving elsewhere. From the outset the team at Hinton Grange have been hugely helpful and very supportive. They are always available, responsive and open to feedback. The home is run in an efficient and professional manner. In summary, I am delighted with the move and feel reassured that my mother is in good and caring hands.

Review of Hinton Grange on Thursday 18 April 2013 by Pat Allen (Resident)

It's the nicest home I've lived in and it's easy for family to get to.

Review of Hinton Grange on Tuesday 5 February 2013 by Susan (Daughter of resident)

My Mum has been at Hinton Grange for nearly 12 months and is being looked after very well. As I do not live locally I ring Mum every week and the staff always bring her to the phone. Because of her Altzheimers she is constantly confused and usually frustrated and upset. The staff have great patience with her and are kind to her. She is well cared for, kept clean and tidy and is safe. The Manager is very approachable and contacts me immediately with any information I need to be aware of. The Manager and staff are very professional and caring in their care for Mum and I therefore have no hesitation in recommending this nursing home.

Review of Hinton Grange on Sunday 3 February 2013 by Lisa (Daughter of a resident)

My mother, who has Alzheimers, was transfered to Hinton Grange over two years ago from another care home in the city. We were immediately struck by the warmth and kindness of the staff towards my mother and other residents, and my family and I are always made welcome. With the arrival of the new manager there were a number of improvements. There is an open door policy and the manager is very approachable. My mother has enjoyed the garden and planting flowers; her needs are met and she is safe. I have no hesitation in recommending this care home.

Review of Hinton Grange on Tuesday 29 January 2013 by Barbara Milton (Mother was a resident)

My mother, who died in November 2011, had lived at Hinton Grange for over 6 years, following a serious stroke. During that time, despite various health crises, she was kept clean and comfortable, receiving constant care and attention which, undoubtedly, allowed her to survive far longer than expected. The staff were kind and affectionate towards her, despite her occasional difficult behaviour. They also became good friends to her family members, and were genuinely saddened when she died. The standards at Hinton Grange greatly improved from 2005, when my mother first arrived, and I did recommend the home to one or two people - particularly because of the open door policy and accessibility to staff if there were any problems to discuss.

Review of Hinton Grange on Monday 28 January 2013 by James Shaw (son of resident)

My Dad had to be put into a Home because he had become unmanageable at our house. His character was becoming more unsociable and he became violent at times. We realised that there was a problem with Dementia. To start with we thought that they were taking on a huge task but after a short time they have managed to integrate Dad into the Home and he is now a better person for it. He is getting the best care and nursing attention one could wish for. The staff are absolutely amazing and are dedicated to their profession and have an excellent understanding of each patients particular requirements and needs. My wife and I visit Dad regularly and we are always welcome and made to feel at ease. We thoroughly recommend this Home.

Review of Hinton Grange on Monday 28 January 2013 by Tim Brown (Husband of resident)

My wife, suffering from Alzheimer's and from a hip replacement that has left her unable to walk, was transferred from hospital to Hinton Grange in May 2012. I visit her regularly, and have never seen the least sign of distress or anxiety. I have been impressed by the way the staff treat her, and look after her. She is happy when people are kind to her, and the staff at Hinton Grange are kind to her. In short, I am pleased with Hinton Grange and have no hesitation in recommending it.

Review of Hinton Grange on Monday 28 January 2013 by Steve King (Son of Resident)

My father is well cared for, and despite having alzheimer's is still loved by all the carers. With alzheimer's my father can be very difficult to handle, but all the carers remain patient and clam. I feel the carers do actually care for my farther and help him beyond the call of duty.

Submit a Recommendation for Hinton Grange

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Hinton Grange and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Bank Domestic

Meets National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Temporary)

Cambridge , Cambridgeshire

8 hours ago

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hinton Grange