Dussindale Park Care Home, Norwich, Norfolk

Dussindale Park Care Home is a fifty-capacity Countrywide Care Homes accommodation located in Norwich, suited to a wide range of elderly care and nursing needs.

The majority of rooms are en-suite and carers look to ensure that privacy and dignity of residents is always respected, while being available round-the-clock for any issues.

Respite, convalescent and palliative care are all available from Dussindale, which looks to support community needs in any way its carers' expertise enables.

Group: Countrywide Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Rachel MacClean (Care Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 47 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Romanian

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Dussindale Park Care Home: click here

posted 10 Feb 2016

Nursing

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Dussindale Park Care Home is based on 18 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.250 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.527 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.723 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.3 for Dussindale Park Care Home is based on 18 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.527 for Dussindale Park Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (119 Excellents x 5) + (73 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 203 Ratings = 4.527

The Quantity Score of 4.723 for Dussindale Park Care Home is calculated as follows:

Lovely modern home, well furnished and clean. Very friendly and competent manager who appeared to get things done. Well trained, personable, caring and interested staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Dussindale Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very comfortable and well equipped home. Caring and committed staff prepared to go the extra mile. Excellent manager inspired confidence in the facility.

Quality facility is evident from the outset. Excellent quality of staff in terms of knowledge assistance, care and support. Top Manager of home very caring, involved and professional.

My mothers came in for a two week respite after having a fall at home. After initial concern form her she soon settled, thanks to the wonderful care team. My thanks to the manager and all her team.

Me and my sister stayed here for 3 weeks as our house needed some work. Its a nice place and the staff very nice and kind. I had a nice room but kept my sister company most of the time. I could smoke outside- the staff helped me with this. The food was nice and lots of it.

My brother and I stayed whilst work was done on our house. The staff looked after us very well and they were ever so kind but all the staff were lovely. It was a nice break and the 3 weeks went quick. I had a nice room and a comfortable bed.

My aunt has been at Dussindale Park for a while now and is very well cared for. The staff are lovely and always have time to spare to sit and chat and it's a lovely place to visit.

Nice diabetic food and drink. The staff treat me well. I can't give an opinion on the manager as I've only met her twice. I'm good friends with a couple of the other lady residents living here.

I love being here, everyone is so kind, I have now been here for a year and I'm very settled here. The carers are great and I love each and everyone of them.

Facilities: Poor

I had to come for respite and was worried about coming but my stay has been a good one. There's no place like home, but the staff here are very kind and I have been very comfortable. It was better than I expected and my first ever stay in a care home.

I have been here a long time and I really do like it. The staff are lovely and kind and treat me with respect. It is very clean and I like the food. I am very happy here and would recommend it to others.

My only recommendation would be for the home to keep a permanent manager for longer as they have had a few over the past 3 years. Apart form that I am happy with everything else.

My dad has been a resident at Dussindale for about 7 weeks. I find the compassion and care that Dussindale provides is way above standard. Dads needs are very demanding but the staff take everything in their stride and coupled with everyday needs. I cannot praise the overall service enough from doctors, staff and NHS.

Pleasant environment. Cheerful and helpful staff. Diet and fluid intake monitored and acted upon. Some improvement in patient.

Excellent service provided to my relative.

Staff are friendly to everybody and always make the visitors welcome plenty of entertainment for the residents. Hairdressers comes in once a month. You can visit anytime.

the care and kindness shown to my mother and all of our family. Her room was kept clean and the food most appetising. Her last days were made as good as they could be.

I visit my father everyday (hes been in Dussindale now for 21 weeks), you get to see and hear everything that does on and I can only go with my observations that this is an all round great place to spend the end of your life, if being at your own home is not an option.

Submit a Review for Dussindale Park Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Dussindale Park Care Home

Activity Co-ordinator

Competitive (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Activities coordinator

Minimum wage (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Night Care Assistant

7.20ph (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Day Care Assistant

6.72 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Bank Care Assistants

Variable (Care Home / Nursing Home • Temporary / Cover)
Norwich, Norfolk

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Dussindale Park Care Home