Hassingham House Care Centre, Norwich, Norfolk

Hassingham House Care Centre is a purpose-built Norfolk facility that provides specialist long-term care packages for elderly people and many in need of rehabilitation.

This forty-six capacity service is registered with the Care Quality Commission and aspires to achieve the very best results in the eyes of both healthcare professionals and service users.

State-of-the-art facilities include sensory and courtyard gardens, a physiotherapy suite and a gymnasium, as well as well-furnished and decorated lounges.

Group: Forest Healthcare

Person in charge: Sally Lee (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 46 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Hassingham House Care Centre: click here

posted 10 Aug 2015

Care provided: nursing, physical disability, specialists in neurological care. Funding on assessment.

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Hassingham House Care Centre) is based on 31 reviews, 30 of which are displayed below. The care provider has opted for 1 review not to be displayed on the grounds that it is unfair. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Hassingham House Care Centre

This care home is the best I have ever been in. This care centre is not only excellently well lead by the manager and all her staff but really does feel like a friendly family home. The staff take time to speak with residents and family members even when they are really busy all the residents are listened to and able to make choices as much as they can for themselves. Activities and entertainment are well planned and varied and there is always something for all to do in the lounge. I cannot think of a better place for my father to be. The nursing staff and carers are all fantastic.

How likely would you be to recommend Hassingham House Care Centre? Extremely likely

Hassingham House Care Centre

Very well cared for and the staff are brilliant. The dinner party meal was lovely. Hassingham House is a very organised care home, highly recognised for its work and care.

Hassingham House Care Centre

The overall standard of the home is very good. The staff are very helpful and kind to residents. My husband has been at the home for nearly a year now and he seems quite happy most of the time, he has Alzheimers so he's not able to tell me too much. I know he is well fed and kept clean.

Hassingham House Care Centre

Went to a gala dinner on the 20th June, excellent evening, lounge was decorated beautifully. All the residents looked lovely. The carers spent extra time getting everyone ready. The staff all of them go the extra mile and when I leave my husband for respite I feel confident he will be very well looked after. The staff are all friendly. Take time to speak to everyone as though they are their own relations, very impressed.

Hassingham House Care Centre

Finding the right care home for your partner is one of the most important decisions that one faces in life. Selection of Hassingham House Care Centre has proved to be the right choice for my wife with Alzheimers. A purpose built facility situated in a beautiful rural and tranquil setting the centre provides the ideal safe environment for it's residents. The friendly and patient well trained specialist team are led by a dynamic manager whose leadership provides a relaxed but effective person centred culture. My wife has benefited from this and the stimulation provided by the excellent activities ranging from live entertainment to parties. My wife is happy and well cared for in her new home. I cannot recommend the centre highly enough.

Hassingham House Care Centre

I have respite at Hassingham House 6 times a year and wouldn't go anywhere else. It's like home from home.

Hassingham House Care Centre

I think that the care provided is overall excellent. I have not seen any problems with Hassingham house.

Hassingham House Care Centre

Residents are treated with good care and kindness, I would recommend this home to other people, my husband seems happy here.

Hassingham House Care Centre

Friendly staff, always cheerful and smiling. Just by watching the staff interact, they are all good. I have been trying to find a nice respite facility for some months. I am sure my husband will settle in and will be looked after as I would look after him myself. The gives you peace of mind when you yourself need a break.

Hassingham House Care Centre

Very pleased with everything.

Hassingham House Care Centre

The home is clean and friendly with good caring carers. They are always there to help with no bother. I couldn't wish for a better place for my father to be.

Hassingham House Care Centre

The most important points in looking for a care home on behalf of my mother were visible as soon as the door opened when I visited Hassingham House in April 2014. No appointment was made, however Sally and all the staff were instantly impressive, encouraged by the relaxed atmosphere and smiling faces of all individuals within the care home as well as the standard of the facilities. Relatives are invited to attend Regular guardian meetings to air there views and discuss moving forward on improvements. The extent to how residents are encouraged to participate in the various daily activities and events has exceeded my expectations throughout 2014 Hassingham House celebrated Christmas in full decorative style for all to enjoy. My sister and I were overjoyed when offered the opportunity to join my mother for a traditional Christmas day lunch. All cooked in house by the excellent kitchen staff.

Hassingham House Care Centre

I cannot praise enough the care exhibited in all aspects of life at Hassingham House. All the staff really care for all the residents and the welcome when visiting is so great. I attended the Christmas party for residents, which was great fun, and I know that my mother had a fun time at Christmas. For us, as a family, we know that my mother is loved and cared for and I know that she is extremely safe. It really is like home. I know how difficult it is to make the decision that a loved one has to enter a care home, but whilst my mother has been there I have nothing but praise.

Hassingham House Care Centre

I have been looking for care for my brother, he has been visiting once a week with his wife, for a few hours, the Manager Sally suggested this would be a good way to get him used to the home. He has been really enjoying it which will make his eventual move easier. The time spent over Christmas from the staff to ensure all the residents had a great time, was wonderful. Thanks everyone at Hassingham, amazing staff, nothing to much trouble, the afternoon entertainment is fun filled. Staff and residents are all happy, obviously a well run home. Well done Sally keep up the good work. I know John will be really happy.

Hassingham House Care Centre

All I can say is fantastic, care, dignity and nothing is too much trouble, Food great,clean and tidy, activities amazing, amazing care buddy Brian, Manager always available and visible, she even talked to me on a weekend. Mum really happy, thank you Hassingham.

Amazing person centred care
My friend was not settling initially and the Manager spent a long while with her whilst I was there, talking and stroking her hand. She was upset about her bath times and the manager asked her questions about her life at home and what her routine was, ended up with everything being sorted and her bathing with the night staff. She took the time to find out what her home routine was like. The kitchen staff, done the same with her food, nothing is too much trouble for them at Hassingham House. All staff really ask questions and provide choice, I will be bringing my Mum to Hassingham when she is ready. Good work to all.

FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE
Whilst visiting my friend Meg, I was overwhelmed with the swift attention the manager dealt with her small concerns, she wanted to get up and showered at 07.00 and her bell was stiff. Immediately Sally came in she sat next to Meg, held her hand, listened to her concern and immediately looked at the bell and had it changed, then she asked Meg if she would like to get up with the night staff. Meg has said that the care is wonderful and she now is going to stay permanent. I noticed the staff were happy and the other residents were all happy too. What a wonderful run home, well done Sally and your team. Keep up the good work you all do.

Hassingham House Care Centre

My daughter is a resident and it is unbelievable how everyone looks after her so well. I believe if she was not in here she would not be here at all. I cannot praise everyone enough they all need medals for what they have done for her.

Hassingham House Care Centre

Generally satisfied with the level of all aspects from our observations and visits. Staff/management always encourage opinions for improvements to the residents and family care. Well run establishment, credit to all management and staff.

Hassingham House Care Centre

Excellent staff to resident ratio - there is always a staff member available. Staff are kind and friendly. Good facilities - all rooms have an en-suite shower as well as WC. My mother, a resident, says all the staff are very nice. My father was a resident at Hassingham House for a short while before he died. He required full-time nursing care and was very well cared for.

Hassingham House Care Centre

My father has been a resident here since October 2013 due to Alzheimer's and disabilities. He has always been cared for cheerfully and in a caring manner. He is always clean, tidy and content. The staff are very welcoming to us and are always cheerful.

Hassingham House Care Centre

After researching through Care/Nursing homes and looking round we felt Hassingham House was that bit extra. Staff seem well organised and happy. Sally (manager) and Becky (deputy manager) have been extremely supportive as placing my husband into permanent residential care was not an easy decision. However I feel as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. My husband is happy, settled and visits are happy ones.

Hassingham House Care Centre

I would not hesitate to recommend Hassingham House. My mother has settled in far better than I ever thought she would. The staff are excellent nothing is too much trouble.

Hassingham House Care Centre

After looking around a number of care homes in the area for my father, and also trying Hassingham House for respite. There was no question where dad was going to end up when the tough decision came. The management Sally and Becky were very helpful, thoughtful and caring whilst we were trying to get dad placed. Nothing seems to be to much of an issue for the staff. For example my dad needed attending to 2 whilst we were visiting him in the space of 30 mins, this was no trouble at all for Ruth, Karen and Julie. You are always offered refreshments when visiting by Beth, Shaun and Luke. All in all I would have no issues if my children were to book me a place now for later life!

Hassingham House Care Centre

I would definately recommend Hassingham. My uncle has been at Hassingham for three years now everytime I visit, he is always so happy, so clean and turned out, all the care staff are always smiling and really generally care. The activities team stop at nothing to involve all the residents, I even saw the Manager bring a resident down to the entertainment one day in her bed, she didnt want her left out. All the staff generally show Dignity to the residents and the new flooring looks lovely. The home is always warm and friendly and just like a real home. My mum always gets little notes of communication with updates and whats going on. The management at Hassingham seem to have it just right, well done, I always talk about Hassingham and how good they all are. Nothing is ever too much trouble for them, they make my unle very happy.

Hassingham House Care Centre

Outstanding service, manager obviously has a good team and she is very visible at all times. My family member had a few small problems and Sally sorted them straight away. The staff all work well and nothing is too much trouble.

Hassingham House Care Centre

It's not the building or the location that is the heart of this care home, although don't get me wrong, both are very good. It's the management,staff and residents that make this care home a joy to visit. Yes, I've included residents because their cheerful disposition is so very apparent the moment you enter Hassingham House. But it starts at the top. Management have created an environment that allows staff at all levels to be what they are,"carers" despite working within specific guidelines. Every member of staff that we spoke with "cared" for the people in their charge. Sure, if you look closely at the furniture in dads room, it was tired and reaching end of life, sadly just like dad himself. It's the people that make the difference. Dad died at Hassingham House in June after a short illness and we wouldn't change a thing regarding his care in those final weeks. Thank you. Would we recommend this home - it's a big yes from us.

Hassingham House Care Centre

I have worked for years in care. The resident is in better shape and happier then he has been for the years I have known him. He has settled quickly and is delighted with his new environment and the people looking after him.

Hassingham House Care Centre

First class care home as the staff are fantastic, they care 1oo% for people in the home. The food is lovely and all home cooked. If there is something you fancy to eat they will go out to do it. The manager, Sally, and Jane Sally's PA, go all out to make sure you are very, very welcome when you visit. The nursing staff are so caring and always keep us up to date.

Hassingham House Care Centre

It is a fantastic place, I come in for respite regularly and its the best place I've been too.

Submit a Review for Hassingham House Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hassingham House Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Hassingham House Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hassingham House Care Centre