Mill House Nursing Home, Norwich, Norfolk

The Mill House Nursing Home is originally an old Victorian house adapted to provide accommodation for 46 service users, including its new purpose built wing of 13 beds, on two floors. Both floors are used to accommodate both males and females in a residential or nursing setting for service users over 65 years of age, but depending on needs under 65 year old will be considered for placements.

It has easy access to local amenities within the beautiful country side surroundings. There is a good bus link to the area. Horstead is adjacent to the next village of Coltishall and 7 miles from the city of Norwich.

All the bedrooms have en suite facilities comprising of a toilet and washbasin. Many also have showers or baths. Bathrooms are situated at appropriate places in the house where the staff assist bathing care.

They help everyone personalise their rooms to make them as homely and familiar as possible.

Additional facilities, which will be required to pay for include:

•        Hairdressing
•        Clothing, footwear & toiletries
•        Confectionery & newspapers
•        Dental, Optical & Chiropody services if you do not qualify for exemption

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Nikki Culleton (Acting Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 45 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Multiple Sclerosis

Admission Information: Ages from 50 to 100.

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Mill House Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.3 for Mill House Nursing Home) is based on 14 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Mill House Nursing Home

I am very happy here, I would strongly recommend Mill House to anyone thinking of coming to this home. The staff are very kind hearted and will do anything for me and help me. The home is lovely and clean and is superb. I love going to the pub for a lemonade and a bag of a crisps, I love our walks to the mill and I love buying my sweets from the sweets cart.

Mill House Nursing Home

Very happy, everyone is very nice.

Mill House Nursing Home

My father Jack and his wife have been residents at Mill House nursing home for 14 months now. A new manager started in September 2014 and the changes to the home have been remarkable. Nikki the manager and her team have improved the home environment by 200%. The care my father receives is 1st class and I have no worries or concerns at all. I have recently been ill myself and have not been able to visit for 2 weeks, but I know my father and his wife are safe well cared for. Mill House I class as my 2nd home now, the staff are a credit to the care system!!

Mill House Nursing Home

I have been very impressed with Mill House, its like a home from home. It has a lovely atmosphere, set in a beautiful location and all the staff are very friendly. Mum is happy here and she is well looked after.

Mill House Nursing Home

I would recommend to anyone. My wife was treated with dignity and respect, staff always had a smile when attending to her which made her feel at ease. My wife never complained about the food and I was always welcome wen I visited each day.

Mill House Nursing Home

I find the care home mentioned above a wonderful place, my mother is extremely happy there and my experience of all the staff and manager is that nothing is too much trouble for them. My mother and all our family have been treated with much respect, my mother recently diagnosed with dementia has been supported and treated with great dignity, respect and kindness, service is wonderful, staff and manager are very approachable and informative, the whole place has a family feel, but at the same time is run extremely efficiently, very good indeed.

Mill House Nursing Home

This is the first time I have had experience of any Nursing Home, but my mother seems to be well cared for although she thinks the food could be a little better.

Mill House Nursing Home

In the short period of time my mother was a Mill House, the staff treated her with great respect and gave her excellent care. Their understanding of her condition enabled them to look after her so well. We cannot thank them enough for how well they worked with her and members of the family with a difficult decision regarding care. Thank you.

Mill House Nursing Home

I would recommend The Mill House to anyone needing respite or full time care. Friendly helpful staff who are always easy to find and willing to talk. My husband had excellent care while he stayed and wants to stay at Mill House again. Staff made what can be a difficult time a comfortable experience.

Mill House Nursing Home

I enjoyed my stay at Mill House. It is a beautiful place to stay with very friendly and helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Their experience with dementia patients was excellent. Looking forward to my next stay. Scenery beautiful.

Mill House Nursing Home

My wife was placed into Mill House after an extensive stay in hospital. She was extremely poorly and was unable to communicate and was also bedridden. The care home manager Anita reviewed my wife Gill and kindly took on the responsibility of caring for her. Today, Gill has started to speak again and is being introduced to sitting in a chair again. This progress is definitely down to the care and management given to my wife by your wonderful staff.

Mill House Nursing Home

My father-in-law has been a resident since may 2013,when the home was having a few problems, since then there has been a new manager put in place, she has managed to get more staff which the home badly needed. I am hoping to see more improvements for the residents in the future

Mill House Nursing Home

My brother was a resident for just over one year. His room was good and comfortable. He needed one-ton-one care, which was given with dignity and respect by very efficient , pleasant staff. He was given the choice of his room or a very nice day room. When he was well enough he was pushed around the village. The food was good and he was always spoon fed. As visitors we were made to feel welcome. It was a very, very good home.

Mill House Nursing Home

After 18 months of disruption, due to many changes in managers, this home is now back on the way up. Setting is beautiful and now the care of residents is being put above paperwork and head office is finally putting more staff in, and the changes in the last weeks are really positive.

Submit a Review for Mill House Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Mill House Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Mill House Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mill House Nursing Home