The Paddocks Care Home, Swaffham, Norfolk

The Paddocks Care Home, situated in the centre of Swaffham, is a facility that has built up an excellent local reputation for the quality of its provision and contribution to the lives of older and vulnerable people.

A well-trained team are able to offer residential and nursing care, while specialising in looking after adults diagnosed with a form of dementia.

The independence and privacy of residents is respected and the home maintains a popular programme of events and activities to help all residents achieve an enjoyable daily lifestyle.

Group: Castlemeadow Group

Person in charge: Rachel Bates (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 100 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on The Paddocks Care Home: click here

9.2 The Paddocks Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.177)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for The Paddocks Care Home is based on 21 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.177 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.757 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.42 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.177 for The Paddocks Care Home is based on 21 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.757 for The Paddocks Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (185 Excellents x 5) + (57 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 243 Ratings = 4.757

The Quantity Score of 4.42 for The Paddocks Care Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Paddocks Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Paddocks Care Home

• Partner of Resident/Service User
  • Nephew of Resident/Service User

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

5 Reviews* is 4.8 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 5 reviews. Ratings from the 16 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

Mum passed away at The Paddocks after a ten day stay. During this time the care and attention she received was second to none. Also the concern shown to the family was outstandiing.

How likely would you be to recommend The Paddocks Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother-in-law has a 10 day stay at this excellent care home. she could not have received any better care, from the management down to the carers, everyone was encouraging and so cheerful not only to my mum but to the family as well. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend The Paddocks Care Home? Extremely Likely

After a very serious operation I came to The Paddocks for three weeks recuperation. I have regained strength through the love and care this home has given me. I have found staff feels like family that cares not only for us but for each other. I would if I ever had to, be happy to stay again without fear. I have been treated with respect and nothing has been too much for them to meed my needs even though they work very hard indeed. From cleaner, dishwasher, chef and nursing staff each has met me with a cheerful smile and I am grateful to all of them.

How likely would you be to recommend The Paddocks Care Home? Extremely Likely

At first when I came here I felt very frightened but the more I got to know the staff and areas I felt more like at home. Nothing ever seems to be too much trouble from any of the department. I would definitely recommend this care home to anyone who would need a little rest or become permanent resident. I love all the staff very much and I had had great company with other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend The Paddocks Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff in Kingfisher and Nightingale are very helpful and caring, not only to my very sick partner, but also me. The rooms are all kept lovely, clean and fresh, the meals all look and smell lovely. I am very happy he is there. He is being looked after. They shave and keep him clean. As he would like. Thank you.

No Average Rating is available*

The care home is lovely. Very clean and comfortable. The staff are very friendly, kind and caring. I am very happy to know that my partner is being looked after so well. Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend The Paddocks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Must recommend! Impressed and pleased with my stay!

No Average Rating is available*

The kindness and choices mum has had after a big move for her to come up from Essex (where she has lived all her life up to now) says it all. I know she is being really cared for and looked after. Both mum and I like the continuity of the same staff.

No Average Rating is available*

I am on Kingfisher wing and have a very nice upstairs room over looking the office. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much for them. Although the manager and the deputy are busy they are never too busy to come and see me if needed. I will be moving back home soon and will be sad to go. If ever I need care again I will be back and would recommend the home to anyone.

No Average Rating is available*

I had a fall at home and came to The Paddocks for a little while but liked it so much that I decided to stay on the residential wing. I have a beautiful downstairs room with two chairs, as I have a friend who likes to sit in my room with me and we read the paper together. I like the food and the choice that is given to me.

No Average Rating is available*

I had a fall at home and the deputy manager of the home was so kind to take me in over the weekend. When I arrived at the home the staff welcomed me. I have a very nice room with a TV and my own toilet. I would recommend this home to my friends.

No Average Rating is available*

I am very comfortable at the home. I have a nice room with a toilet and wash basin. I go into the dining room for my meals. The staff are all very polite and very helpful in anything I want done the home is very clean.

No Average Rating is available*

Excellent staff and I have a very nice room. If all the people in the world are as good as the staff it would be a good old world. I am on the residential wing and I like it very much although I am still new I have settled in and happy to stay.

No Average Rating is available*

My mother has been a resident at The Paddocks for 14 years. At the age of 93 she has just passed away following palliative care. I feel I must express the excellent quality of care she has received.
Nearing the end of her life every wish documented her advanced care plan was delivered and met. Staff were so kind and caring, treating her with dignity and respect and as an individual. This was mum's home and staff were here extended family.

No Average Rating is available*

The first time I went to visit with my dad, we were made most welcome, now after 2 months of dad being in the home it is still the same - what fantastic staff, they do what dad needs, when he needs it. Sometimes when I visit I book to have lunch with dad, have had cups of tea, etc and feel looked after. Dad seems to be settled in very well and joins in with most events, and seems very happy there.

No Average Rating is available*

The staff team in Nightingale wing are exemplary the support they gave my father and our family was caring, consistent informative of high quality treating with respect at all times, there is a warmth within the home of welcome security and concern for the residents. They have a much needed sense of humour, whilst washing and feeding him, would talk through the process tell him of life outside, ensuring he was appropriately dressed, shaved and hair brushed. The staff kept in contact by telling daily updates by phone or in person. Mum and I were given a room to stay overnight as we were doing a daily 35 mile round trip for many months, we as a family cannot praise the home enough and Dad passed away in peace on 5th December we could fill a book with gratitude.

No Average Rating is available*

I like that I have my own toilet and I like my room. Meals are good and if I don't get enough I can always ask for more. I love the dinning room and the lounge. Activities are very good, I have asked to see the deputy manager to discuss some things with her and she is always happy to see me. The staff are very kind and helpful.

No Average Rating is available*

I currently am a resident for respite after breaking my ankle. I came here on the 2nd September 2014 am I am still here and I can only recommend this care home to any further residents. All staff are fantastic everyone so friendly and helpful. This goes from carers, maintenance, kitchen, activities and of course management.

Friendly and comfortable

This is a welcoming, bright and friendly care home where the needs of the residents are carefully assessed and provided for. Private rooms and public spaces are well furnished and decorated. The staff are friendly, helpful and attentive to the residents' needs.

No Average Rating is available*

The Paddocks is kept very clean, my father is cared for very well and the staff are excellent, always willing to help when needed. He says the food is always presented very well and is tasty. Management are always willing to discuss any concerns I may have, and are very friendly and helpful.

No Average Rating is available*

I am very happy with my room and enjoy having my own space. Staff are excellent very kind and friendly. Food is very good.

Submit a Review for The Paddocks Care Home

July 2015

End of Life Care Award

Recipient: The Paddocks Care Home

Date: Thursday 16 Jul 2015

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Paddocks Care Home