The Paddocks Care Home, Swaffham, Norfolk

The Paddocks Care Home, situated in the centre of Swaffham, is a facility that has built up an excellent local reputation for the quality of its provision and contribution to the lives of older and vulnerable people.

A well-trained team are able to offer residential and nursing care, while specialising in looking after adults diagnosed with a form of dementia.

The independence and privacy of residents is respected and the home maintains a popular programme of events and activities to help all residents achieve an enjoyable daily lifestyle.

Group: Castlemeadow Group

Person in charge: Ann Chilvers (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Norfolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 100 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on The Paddocks Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for The Paddocks Care Home is based on 34 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.371 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.691 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.68 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.4 for The Paddocks Care Home is based on 34 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.691 for The Paddocks Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (279 Excellents x 5) + (115 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 398 Ratings = 4.691

The Quantity Score of 4.68 for The Paddocks Care Home is calculated as follows:

At first when I came here I felt very frightened but the more I got to know the staff and areas I felt more like at home. Nothing ever seems to be too much trouble from any of the department. I would definitely recommend this care home to anyone who would need a little rest or become permanent resident. I love all the staff very much and I had had great company with other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend The Paddocks Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff in Kingfisher and Nightingale are very helpful and caring, not only to my very sick partner, but also me. The rooms are all kept lovely, clean and fresh, the meals all look and smell lovely. I am very happy he is there. He is being looked after. They shave and keep him clean. As he would like. Thank you.

The care home is lovely. Very clean and comfortable. The staff are very friendly, kind and caring. I am very happy to know that my partner is being looked after so well. Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend The Paddocks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Must recommend! Impressed and pleased with my stay!

The kindness and choices mum has had after a big move for her to come up from Essex (where she has lived all her life up to now) says it all. I know she is being really cared for and looked after. Both mum and I like the continuity of the same staff.

I am on Kingfisher wing and have a very nice upstairs room over looking the office. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much for them. Although the manager and the deputy are busy they are never too busy to come and see me if needed. I will be moving back home soon and will be sad to go. If ever I need care again I will be back and would recommend the home to anyone.

I had a fall at home and came to The Paddocks for a little while but liked it so much that I decided to stay on the residential wing. I have a beautiful downstairs room with two chairs, as I have a friend who likes to sit in my room with me and we read the paper together. I like the food and the choice that is given to me.

I had a fall at home and the deputy manager of the home was so kind to take me in over the weekend. When I arrived at the home the staff welcomed me. I have a very nice room with a TV and my own toilet. I would recommend this home to my friends.

I am very comfortable at the home. I have a nice room with a toilet and wash basin. I go into the dining room for my meals. The staff are all very polite and very helpful in anything I want done the home is very clean.

Excellent staff and I have a very nice room. If all the people in the world are as good as the staff it would be a good old world. I am on the residential wing and I like it very much although I am still new I have settled in and happy to stay.

My mother has been a resident at The Paddocks for 14 years. At the age of 93 she has just passed away following palliative care. I feel I must express the excellent quality of care she has received.
Nearing the end of her life every wish documented her advanced care plan was delivered and met. Staff were so kind and caring, treating her with dignity and respect and as an individual. This was mum's home and staff were here extended family.

The first time I went to visit with my dad, we were made most welcome, now after 2 months of dad being in the home it is still the same - what fantastic staff, they do what dad needs, when he needs it. Sometimes when I visit I book to have lunch with dad, have had cups of tea, etc and feel looked after. Dad seems to be settled in very well and joins in with most events, and seems very happy there.

The staff team in Nightingale wing are exemplary the support they gave my father and our family was caring, consistent informative of high quality treating with respect at all times, there is a warmth within the home of welcome security and concern for the residents. They have a much needed sense of humour, whilst washing and feeding him, would talk through the process tell him of life outside, ensuring he was appropriately dressed, shaved and hair brushed. The staff kept in contact by telling daily updates by phone or in person. Mum and I were given a room to stay overnight as we were doing a daily 35 mile round trip for many months, we as a family cannot praise the home enough and Dad passed away in peace on 5th December we could fill a book with gratitude.

I like that I have my own toilet and I like my room. Meals are good and if I don't get enough I can always ask for more. I love the dinning room and the lounge. Activities are very good, I have asked to see the deputy manager to discuss some things with her and she is always happy to see me. The staff are very kind and helpful.

I currently am a resident for respite after breaking my ankle. I came here on the 2nd September 2014 am I am still here and I can only recommend this care home to any further residents. All staff are fantastic everyone so friendly and helpful. This goes from carers, maintenance, kitchen, activities and of course management.

Friendly and comfortable

This is a welcoming, bright and friendly care home where the needs of the residents are carefully assessed and provided for. Private rooms and public spaces are well furnished and decorated. The staff are friendly, helpful and attentive to the residents' needs.

How likely would you be to recommend The Paddocks Care Home? Extremely Likely

The Paddocks is kept very clean, my father is cared for very well and the staff are excellent, always willing to help when needed. He says the food is always presented very well and is tasty. Management are always willing to discuss any concerns I may have, and are very friendly and helpful.

I am very happy with my room and enjoy having my own space. Staff are excellent very kind and friendly. Food is very good.

I would give a 5 star recommendation. I really like having an en-suite room, I also like that the home let me have meals in my room. They do ask if I want to go down for activities but I refuse as I like to have my own space. I get on with all the staff they are all nice to me, the meals are good too.

My step dad is now deceased but he was cared for very well indeed, everyone was very kind and caring.

A good care home with due respect for client dignity and very caring staff,

Very caring and kind staff and on a score of 10 would easily rate at least 9 on all counts. One only has to ask and staff will get you anything wanted. Singalongs are very good and special events for people's birthdays are also catered for.

I am very happy with my room and I am so pleased I have my own toilet. I go out with my sister regularly and my evening meal is ready when I get back. All the staff are very friendly I was able to bring all my personal items into the room so the Paddocks has become my home now.

The staff are friendly and always willing to help and listen. After over three years of my sister being here she is very happy and well settled.

I really must say that the home/staff are excellent. I am pleased with all the food which is offered.

The staff treat you well and are always there when needed. I didn't like being in room 20 but really likes room 17, been very satisfied no hassle at all really lucky to be here.

My father has been a resident at The Paddocks for 2 years. Having been a very independent man until his health began to deteriorate, moving to a residential environment was very difficult for him. This was recognised by all care staff and managers at The Paddocks. Within a few weeks of living in a care home my father's health stabilised and has improved. Staff understand his need for independence and privacy and encourage him to care for himself as much as possible. they are also mindful of his health problems and respond promptly and appropriately as required. Based on my experience I would highly recommend The Paddocks as a place offering excellent care.

I feel well cared for,and all the staff are friendly and helpful. As I felt rather saddened with all the confusion due to decorating, now things are looking up. From my personal experience I can say a lot of other residence on actually now joining in activities. I that the new lady does try and make time to go and see us the residents on a daily basis for a quick chat.

More flavouring in the curry! Some of the food is very bland but the rice pudding always goes down well. The manager of Kingfisher goes the extra mile. The staff are very stretched and don't spend enough time with residents, but are always willing to help.

The care provided by the staff at The Paddocks is really friendly and cannot be faulted. The food when it was cooked in house was excellent but the quality has dropped since it is being supplied from outside.

Food very good when I came in, plenty of fresh veg. Since change over very poor. No taste, never fresh veg, always herby taste. Senior care staff very quick off the mark, always tell me and my niece if things need doing. Carers always very helpful and pleasant, have a chat when time. Kitchen staff very helpful, will always try to please. Cleaners keep my room and rest of building very clean.

A friendly, caring home where mum is looked after very well.

The Paddocks Care Home provide professional,helpful and caring staff on all levels. They have been helpful and understanding in difficult times. The home is always kept clean and tidy and the food is of a good standard.

Mother moved to The Paddocks in Dec 2013 as she needed 24 hour care. The staff have been wonderful in providing the specific care she requires. Her medication is monitored and given at exact times. The management have been very helpful to both mother and myself as the change to living in care has been a major change for us both. Thank you.

Submit a Review for The Paddocks Care Home

July 2015

End of Life Care Award

Recipient: The Paddocks Care Home

Date: Thursday 16 Jul 2015

There are no jobs posted yet for The Paddocks Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Paddocks Care Home