Chilton Meadows Care Home, Stowmarket, Suffolk

Chilton Meadows provides targeted care packages for general nursing and residential care needs, as well as specialising in dementia nursing care. Nursing packages can be put together to suit respite, convalescence and palliative needs, while the home is also experienced in looking after adults with Parkinson’s disease.

Consisting of four separate houses, Chilton Meadows has designated areas for residents to meet, relax and enjoy entertainments. There is a pleasing conservatory with views of secluded gardens, an on-site hairdressing salon and all bedrooms are en-suite.

The home consults with professional dieticians to make sure that residents have good nutritional diets, at the same time as making sure personal tastes are accounted for.

A varied activities programme is in place to support life in the home, designed for numerous interests and different levels of mobility. One-to-one sessions allow the activities co-ordinator to assess what residents want from their day.

Person in charge: Karen Earnshaw (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 120 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Czech, Finnish, Hindi, Polish, Urdu

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Chilton Meadows Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.1 for Chilton Meadows Care Home is based on 16 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.100 is made up of 4.833 Points relating to the ratings and 4.267 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I was recommended by West Suffolk Hospital Bury St Edmunds. I am really happy with it here.

I would recommend. All the staff and everybody have tried to make it as easy and as happy as possible. The staff have come as quickly as possible when I have called. I haven't got any complaints. My friend visited today and I told her that if she ever needed care this was the place to come.

I have been wonderfully cared for here. The nursing staff are so kind, the food is excellent and the whole place is run so efficiently and is spotlessly clean. There is a happy, relaxed atmosphere everywhere, which helps so much in the healing process. Thank you Chilton Meadows!

I would recommend

He is very well looked after, the food is good and plentiful. The staff are all polite and if you ask them they will help you. He has made a lot of progress since he has been here. It's great that you can visit when you like.

How likely would you be to recommend Chilton Meadows Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

The atmosphere is one of calm

All the staff are friendly, approachable and always have time to answer any questions relatives may have. There is also no restrictions on visiting times, night or day. The care staff have infinite patience with all the residents no matter what is wrong and the atmosphere is one of calm.

The level of care handed to my mother is excellent. I have great admiration for the staff who take great care of my mum. Since being a resident at Chilton Meadows, her general health seems to have improved. She also seems to be a calmer person now, compared to being at home. I have no hesitation in leaving her in the care of Chilton Meadows staff.

I am really happy with the way I am treated here. I enjoy the food, absolutely excellent. Activities are great here they cannot be any better, I like all of them. Recently they organised a visit from a children's choir from Uganda which was amazing, I loved it.

I wish my mother had left hospital sooner and gone to Chilton Meadows, they literally brought her back from the 'brink' with their care and attention. She was only expected to live for 2 weeks (that was 3 months ago), she still has the same medical problems but at Chilton Meadows she is made comfortable and has regained her will to live. We cannot thank and praise all the staff at Constable House enough.

Constable House is the best house. Very friendly and caring.

Very good care home, the staff are excellent. I love the surroundings and the gardens.

I would recommend to my friend, the staff are always good to me. The food is good. I like playing cards, especially whist. I am always comfortable here, I have a lovely room.

Everybody is friendly, all family and friends can visit any time. Family are soon informed if there is a problem with health etc.

Mother is being cared for very well, staff are very friendly and caring, mother is very happy. The staff seem to care very much for the residents.

I find the staff are at all times very helpful and would like to say that Fay is a First Class Nurse. As my husband is unable to join in the activities I can only comment as a onlooker, they are very good. I feel that my husband is receiving very good quality care at all times which is very reassuring for me.

My mother came to live at Chilton Meadows after suffering a stroke just over three years ago. She is very well looked after by all the staff, they are very understanding and approachable and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms, day room and public areas are always clean and very presentable. A variety of activities are organised daily. Chilton Meadows is very homely, friendly and caring residential/nursing home. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

As my mother suffers with dementia, I am very pleased with the care and attention that she receives. It is a relief to know that she is being cared for and all her needs are met. I would definitely recommend Chilton Meadows Care Home to anyone.

Submit a Review for Chilton Meadows Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Chilton Meadows Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Chilton Meadows Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Chilton Meadows Care Home