Hartcliffe Nursing Home

15 Murford Avenue, Hartcliffe, Bristol BS13 9JS

Hartcliffe Nursing Home, Bristol, Bristol

Hartcliffe Nursing Home is a sixty-five capacity Bristol care home, renovated to suit the health and spiritual well-being of older people, supported by the widely respected care charity MHA.

Carers are up-to-date with the requirements of the Care Quality Commission and work to person-centred packages, respecting the independence of residents and encouraging personal interests.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Person in charge: Raji Sunil (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bristol City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 65 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Hartcliffe Nursing Home: click here

9.1 Hartcliffe Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.082)

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Hartcliffe Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hartcliffe Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.467 for Hartcliffe Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (79 Excellents x 5) + (29 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (5 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 120 Ratings = 4.467

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.615 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hartcliffe Nursing Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13 positive Reviews (65 registered beds ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 13 Target = 0.615

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hartcliffe Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Hartcliffe Nursing Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User
  • Power of Attorney/Solicitor of Resident/Service User

My wife and I have had 5 years evidence of visiting Hartcliffe Nursing Home. We have always been greeted and treated as friends which reflect on the entire home.

How likely would you be to recommend Hartcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Raji Sunil, Home Manager at Hartcliffe Nursing Home responded to this review on 18 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our home at Hartcliffe. It was so pleasing to see that the staff team have made you feel so welcome each time you visit and that you feel so able to recommend our service to others. Thank you.

Mum has now been here for just short of 2 years. I have regular contact with all the care team and can only say what an excellent service the home and team provide. I would recommend the home to anybody. My father in law has recently gone into another home as we could not get him in here. (Gutted). I have nothing but praise for all the staff and support they give mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Hartcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for spending the time to give the staff and service at Hartcliffe such positive feedback regarding the care of your Mother over the last 2 years. We are sorry we have not been able to accommodate your other relative as yet. To wish for the Home to extend its service to another loved one is the best recommendation we could receive and we will assure that the team are made aware of your experience at the home.

Mum is bed bound and went into the home in 2013 after a six-month stay in the hospital. They have the staff and equipment to make her life easy. She enjoys family visits but Inky, the PAT dog gets the most and biggest smiles. The family has peace of mind that Mum is being well looked after and is safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Hartcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

It was delightful to read such positive comments regarding the experience you and your mother are having at Hartcliffe. We will ensure that the staff are made aware, especially giving an extra pat to Inky our wonderful PAT dog, we do know how much pleasure his visits can bring. Thank you.

My husband thinks the home is brilliant and he is very happy here. I spend nearly every day with him and the staff are lovely towards me as well. He feels he is treated with respect and dignity at all times. He enjoys the interaction he has with the staff. I am very thankful he is at Hartcliffe Nursing Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Hartcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Raji Sunil, Home Manager at Hartcliffe Nursing Home responded to this review on 16 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your positive feedback. It was delightful to see that staff and the home left you with a lasting impression of excellent care for your father. We will ensure the manager and the team receive your comments.

My sister became a resident in Hartcliffe Nursing Home in May 2016.
I am so happy that we choose this home, it is well kept and my sister is well looked after. She is always clean and happy. The staff and helpers are friendly, helpful and always polite. My sister cannot talk or do anything for herself, so it is a great weight taken off my mind that she is so well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Hartcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Raji Sunil, Home Manager at Hartcliffe Nursing Home responded to this review on 10 Jan 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We do appreciate that having a loved one in the care of others can be a worry, so we were delighted to see that the staff team at Hartcliffe have been able to reassure you that your Sister is well cared for in our home and you are able to give such an excellent review.

I visited my nan (who is a paying resident) and unfortunately, I was disappointed with the level of cleanliness and care attention shown to my nan. She just came out of a short stay in a hospital and needed around the clock care & attention, which she was not getting. When I arrived around 9:30am, I found white powder all over the carpet in her room, along with some of her poo that was stepped into her carpet. Her bathroom was covered with poo, which was also in her slippers. It was devastating to see my nan in this condition. Staff said the mess was left by the night staff. To me, this was passing the buck. Even if it was the night staff's fault, my nan was still being neglected by staff that were currently on duty, as they obviously been in her room to give my nan her breakfast, as the empty plates were still there. They obviously decided to leave my nan, her room & her bathroom in a right state. Once I complained, they still took their time to deal with it. I was not impressed at all.

How likely would you be to recommend Hartcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Unlikely

Overall Standard: Poor

Care / Support: Very Poor

Cleanliness: Very Poor

Treated with Dignity: Very Poor

Staff: Very Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

Karen Hall, Area Manager at Hartcliffe Nursing Home responded to this review on 17 Oct 2016:

We are very sorry that you have had this experience at our home and that, on this occasion, did not meet our own high standards. We are now working with your family to correct this and give your Nan the best possible care.

We welcome all feedback as this helps us to continually improve and to correct matters to prevent any upset for the future, for you or any of our residents.

The team at Hartcliffe are all very friendly and very helpful. The food is first class and plentiful to the extent my friend is starting to put weight on which is a good thing. The staff give a good professional approach while keeping the friendly but respectful attitude. There are lots of activities going on both in and out of the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Hartcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Raji Sunil, Home Manager at Hartcliffe Nursing Home responded to this review on 22 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your positive feedback on the service your friend is receiving at our service in Hartcliffe. We do realise that food is such an important aspect for someone’s health and well being, and so it is so pleasing to see where this is having a positive affect. We will ensure that the team receive your kind feedback.

Since mum has been at Hartcliffe Nursing Home her health has improved, mum is less anxious and much more settled. She eats better and has quality of life. Staff understand her and provide good care. There are activities if she wishes to do. They work very hard and long hours. I feel mum is safe and well looked after. I see her 4 days a week but can relax on the other days, she is in safe hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Hartcliffe Nursing Home? Likely

My Dad moved to the care home in February this year. He has settled in really well thanks to the caring and friendly staff. The food is really good quality and the home is kept clean and tidy. Nothing is too much trouble when you ask for things and the staff have also been very supportive to me and my family when we decided to move my Dad there. It wasn't an easy time for any of us and we've been made to feel very welcome every time we come to visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Hartcliffe Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Raji Sunil, Home Manager at Hartcliffe Nursing Home responded to this review on 27 May 2016:

The management team fully appreciate you taking the time to give them your feedback. We do understand how difficult it can be when making a decision to move a loved one into full time care. We were so pleased to see that the team have gone a long way to making this somewhat easier. Thank you for your positive comments.

Mum found herself at Hartcliffe by accident. Quite literally! After having a nasty fall whilst living on her own she was sent for rehab through the NHS. It became apparent that Mum would no longer be able to live on her own, and as a family, we were given enormous support by the whole team at Hartcliffe to enable Mum to stay. We cannot praise the staff enough in making Mum feel welcome and she has gone from not wanting to enter a Home to wanting to stay at Hartcliffe. All the staff from Manager to Maintenance know Mum by name and will always have time to stop and talk to any of us. I would have no hesitation in recommending Hartcliffe Nursing Home. Indeed I have already done so!

Submit a Review for Hartcliffe Nursing Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hartcliffe Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hartcliffe Nursing Home