Norewood Lodge Nursing Home, Bristol, North Somerset

Norewood Lodge follows the Gold Standard Framework to ensure that the best care is provided to residents who might need convalescence, palliative care or respite. The home also has day care facilities that the local community is able to source.

The property has large gardens for residents to enjoy, with a water feature adding to the scenic qualities. The modern interior offers residents comfort and care, while personal possessions are encouraged to make the rooms feel homely.

The chef works hard to ensure that the tastes and dietary requirements of each resident are met through the food provided.

Residents can continue their passions and hobbies within the home setting, or even take part in new groups for reading, gardening, painting or cookery that take place throughout the year at the home.

Person in charge: Lynne Millward (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Somerset District Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 48 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Norewood Lodge Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.7 for Norewood Lodge Nursing Home) is based on 19 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

The staff at Norewood Lodge do a great job. They are warm, professional and caring. I took mum for two visits before her two week and we were made very welcome.

Temporary resident
The home is an excellent position with stunning views. I have really enjoyed my stay and hope to come back again if my wife (who is my main carer) goes on holiday.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

My father needed 24hour care at very short notice. Norewood lodge were able to offer respite within 2 days for which we were extremely grateful. The staff were amazing and he soon felt at home. The care and attention to detail they provided was amazing. This gave great peace of mind to all the family. Dad spent three weeks in the home and we can not praise all the staff enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Norewood Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely likely

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

In Norewood Lodge for 5 weeks, recovering from a broken leg. The staff were wonderful towards me and all the other residents (all of whom were elderly, I'm 67!), and was the youngest there!! It had a very warm,welcoming atmosphere, and all my visitors were impressed by how pleasant the staff were towards me. I would definitely recommend Norewood Lodge for convalescence or residential care. (p.s- All the staff seemed to enjoy working here)

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

I love it here, standards are great and all the staff are excellent. I have no complaints at all and would recommend it to anyone.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

I think Norewood Lodge is very good and would recommend it to anyone.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

I feel safe here and because of my medical condition I can't get out and about by myself, but with help from the staff I can. On the whole I would highly recommend this home to anyone.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

Everyone here is very well looked after.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

I think it is a lovely home, I have never had so many visitors as I have in here, everyone is my friend.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

Would not move from Norewood Lodge to anywhere else, everyone is lovely.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

I am very settled at Norewood Lodge, everyone is lovely and very caring, they know me very well.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

I feel happy to be at Norewood Lodge, it is the right place for me.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

Can't praise them enough, the staff were all so helpful at a very difficult time. My mum was able to maintain her dignity to the end.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

This large organisation is extremely well managed. Every part of it is recommended, from the managers, office staff, nurses, young helpers, to the cleaning, cooking and washing departments. All are smoothly run and what is more their members are happy. The residents of course have greatly varied ways of coping with the state of life they have reached; all are treated with respect and dedication. I have been here only for three months but all is well with Norewood.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

I have really enjoyed my stay here, the staff have been lovely. I have felt very welcome, this is my second visit and all the staff remembered me from my previous visit. I have enjoyed all the activities and the food.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

A peaceful, calm as we entered. Elegant, comfortable appearance. A very welcoming, lovely lady. My bother and his wife's room is so lovely, clean and fresh. The dining room is well laid out. From the lounge, an amazing view of the estuary and the garden, where my brother and I saw a deer leaping into the bushes and trees. All the staff were so kind and helpful. Thank you Lynne to you and your great team.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

Very enjoyable stay, not often you can say that there was no-one you disliked! The only complaint I had was that the first night, the bed wasn't comfortable. After I had complained, the next night I found I had a new mattress!

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

Norewood Lodge is a lovely place to live. I am very happy and well cared for.

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

I have always found the home welcoming and friendly, and there is very good communication from the staff who inform me of all change in my mother's treatment or medication. My brother and sister-in-law visited in the summer from Australia and were very impressed and relieved we had found a home which caters for all her needs. I have nothing but praise for Norewood Lodge in the nearly 2 years my mother has been there.

Submit a Review for Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Norewood Lodge Nursing Home