Norewood Lodge Nursing Home, Portishead, Bristol, North Somerset

Norewood Lodge Nursing Home follows the Gold Standard Framework to ensure that the best care is provided to residents who might need convalescence, palliative care or respite. The home also has day care facilities that the local community is able to source.

The property has large gardens for residents to enjoy, with a water feature adding to the scenic qualities. The modern interior offers residents comfort and care, while personal possessions are encouraged to make the rooms feel homely.

The chef works hard to ensure that the tastes and dietary requirements of each resident are met through the food provided.

Residents can continue their passions and hobbies within the home setting, or even take part in new groups for reading, gardening, painting or cookery that take place throughout the year at the home.

Person in charge: Lynne Millward (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Somerset District Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 48 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Norewood Lodge Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.7 for Norewood Lodge Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

I have really enjoyed my stay here, the staff have been lovely. I have felt very welcome, this is my second visit and all the staff remembered me from my previous visit. I have enjoyed all the activities and the food.

Submitted by Winifred Laferty (Resident / Service User) on Monday 27 October 2014. Review relates to October 2014.

Review of Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

A peaceful, calm as we entered. Elegant, comfortable appearance. A very welcoming, lovely lady. My bother and his wife's room is so lovely, clean and fresh. The dining room is well laid out. From the lounge, an amazing view of the estuary and the garden, where my brother and I saw a deer leaping into the bushes and trees. All the staff were so kind and helpful. Thank you Lynne to you and your great team.

Submitted by Genevieve P (Sister/sister-in-law of residents) on Tuesday 8 July 2014.

Review of Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

Very enjoyable stay, not often you can say that there was no-one you disliked! The only complaint I had was that the first night, the bed wasn't comfortable. After I had complained, the next night I found I had a new mattress!

Submitted by Audrey Craven (Service user) on Monday 18 November 2013.

Review of Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

Norewood Lodge is a lovely place to live. I am very happy and well cared for.

Submitted by Vera P (Resident) on Monday 18 November 2013.

Review of Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

I have always found the home welcoming and friendly, and there is very good communication from the staff who inform me of all change in my mother's treatment or medication. My brother and sister-in-law visited in the summer from Australia and were very impressed and relieved we had found a home which caters for all her needs. I have nothing but praise for Norewood Lodge in the nearly 2 years my mother has been there.

Submitted by Margaret S (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 22 October 2013.

Review of Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

My mother Joan has been a resident since October 2008 during which time I have been impressed by the consistently high level of care afforded her together with other factors which are reflected in my markings below.

Submitted by Michael C (Son of resident) on Tuesday 18 June 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Norewood Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Norewood Lodge Nursing Home