Group: Morleigh Ltd

Person in charge: Maria Jane Brown (Care Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cornwall Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 36 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £399 – £775 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £399 – £775

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Alexandra House Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Alexandra House Nursing Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Alexandra House Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.5 for Alexandra House Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Alexandra House Nursing Home on Saturday 3 May 2014 by Pat Grimwood (Sister in the home)

My sister is looked after at Alexander & the care she receives is excellent the home is kept very clean and the staff are most helpful & approachable. The Manager always has time for me and listens to all my concerns about my sister & her needs.

Review of Alexandra House Nursing Home on Tuesday 1 April 2014 by P Chaplin (relative of resident)

Alexandra house I found to be a well run dedicated home for people with mental health issues. The staff from the manager to the cleanser were caring, helpful and worked as a well oiled machine. We could not have wished for a better placement. It was clear from the outset this home had in place an excellent manager and her dedication and leadership filtered through to all of the staff and created a sense of purpose within the unit.

Review of Alexandra House Nursing Home on Monday 31 March 2014 by Mark Mc (RELATIVE)

When my mother-in-law was struck with Dementia she had to be placed in a care home, I have to say Alexandra was the best thing we could have ever come across for a nursing home for my mother-in-law, the warmth and hospitality we received on our viewing was amazing we decided there and then that this was the place for her, the care and attention that my mother-in-law received was outstanding they made her feel welcome and comfortable like home from home she settled very quickly and adjusted to her new life... They were always there for my mother-in-law always tending to her needs, I highly recommend this care home to anyone.

Review of Alexandra House Nursing Home on Monday 31 March 2014 by Sarah Gray (relative)

When my beloved Grandfather became terminally ill with Cancer, we was told he was unable to return home and needed to go into care. My family and I went to look at several homes for him to go into. Alexandra house was our favourite, with its amazing views over the beach. We found that the home was clean and tidy and the staff were very approachable and friendly. During his short stay at the home before his passing, the staff were out standing and made everything possible that they could to make his last few weeks comfortable and dignified and this was very important to him and to us. They offered support to not only to him but to the whole family as well. We could visit as often as we wished no matter what time of day or night. During his last few days, the manager, made it possible so that we could stay overnight with him. The whole staff seemed to work well together and made this experience a little easier through their outstanding support. The staff at Alexandra house, in my opinion delivered exceptional care and took the role very seriously, making sure that all his care needs were being met even when his needs were changing, which sometimes was on a daily basis. The nurses called in outside care when needed such as physiotherapists, doctors and specialist cancer nurses, making sure he had the best care at all times. As a family, we are eternally grateful for making Grandad's stay peaceful and most of all dignified as this was extremely important to him. We would recommend Alexandra House to anyone who needed care. Well done to all the staff there who make the clients and relatives feel at ease at all times.

Submit a Recommendation for Alexandra House Nursing Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Alexandra House Nursing Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Alexandra House Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Alexandra House Nursing Home

Other Care Homes located nearby to Alexandra House Nursing Home

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page