Angela Court Nursing Home, Tipton St John, Sidmouth, Devon
Angela Court Nursing Home
Angela Court Nursing Home

Angela Court is set in the peaceful village of Tipton St John, its elevated position offer spectacular views across the Devon countryside and will its extensive well-tended gardens is a beautful setting. This coupled with the high calibre care team the home is a preferred care centre for local healthcare professionals

Group: PSP Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Teresa Docherty (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 37 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Substance Misuse

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alzheimer's • Asperger Syndrome • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken (other than English): Czech, Hindi

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £391 – £1500

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Angela Court Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Angela Court Nursing Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Angela Court Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.4 for Angela Court Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Thursday 27 March 2014 by Christine (Daughter of Resident)

The staff are friendly and helpful and the home is a large house set in beautiful grounds with beautiful views. Ideal for the care of people with varying forms of dementia as they are security conscious. When I have visited my mother they seem to take an interest and understand the patients.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Tuesday 25 March 2014 by andy witheridge (Mother is in home)

Care is well structured and balanced with the individual needs of each patient. Overall atmosphere is good, interaction between patients is not evident, but this is due to nature of their illnesses. Bedrooms are of a good size, and lounges have plenty of seating and lovely view of gardens. Security is good and patients do not seem to want to get out. New manager has improved day to day running tremendously and staff team seem very happy.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Thursday 20 March 2014 by MS (Sister of Resident)

We chose this home among several viewed. My sister Elizabeth and I liked the atmosphere, the staff we met, and the surroundings on our first two visits. I am very happy with my sisters care, and trust the staff to do the best they can for her, especially as I live some distance away. I feel as though the staff are personal friends and appreciate the way they treat my sister as an individual, respecting her special needs and wishes. I cannot speak too highly of Angela Court, which gives me peace of mind after years of anxiety. I know that they are doing the best they can for her.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Tuesday 11 February 2014 by Margaret Sparshott (Sister of resident)

My sister has suffered from Alzheimer's for many years now. O hold Power of Attorney and am responsible for her care. She was able to cope in her home with visiting carers until February 2013, when she became fearful of being alone. Since her admission to Angela Court her dementia has progressed (she is 89 years old) but her care has been superlative, I feel her carers understand her. A great weight has been lifted from my mind as I feel she is safe in their hands.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Tuesday 4 February 2014 by Audrey C (Wife of Husband/Patient)

The nursing care and I emphasise nursing care, was excellent and the accommodation very comfortable. The room light and facing a lovely garden. The staff were very very caring to my late husband and to me when at the home. The lounges and dining room very bright. I recommend Angela Court very highly - recommended to us.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Monday 20 January 2014 by Vivien Pendragon (daughter of residents)

My mother has advanced dementia and my father is very frail; both are residents at Angela Ct. I am very pleased both with the home itself surrounded by parkland and nestled amonsgt rolling Devon hills and with the level of care. Management is particularly impressive, their vision & inspiration resulting in a home which is superbly run with friendly, dedicated and compassionate staff for the well being of all the residents. would definitely recommend for anyone with dementia.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Monday 13 January 2014 by Margaret Sparshott (Sister and POA)

This is a spacious house in beautiful surroundings, most rooms have views over the countryside. Residents may have articles of their own furniture, pictures, photographs and books, so the rooms are personalised. Great attention is paid by the staff to treat the residents as individuals worthy of respect and their likes and dislikes are studied. As the person responsible for my sister it is a great relief to feel that my sister is safe. I am given a feeling of security and competence. Thank everyone for that.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Wednesday 8 January 2014 by Sheila Morris (daughter of daycare client)

Angela Court has a lovely large dayroom where their residents can easily seen by staff - this is essential in final stage dementia. my mother has daycare/respite at Angela Court. It suits our needs as carers my mother is still cared for at home as well as at Angela Court therefore myself and my husband have a greater knowledge than most families on care and requirements of care. We are happy with the co-operation of the staff at AC. It is very helpful during daycare that laundry needs due to my mother's double incontinence are dealt with, at AC her belongings have not been lost during respite they are returned clean and laundered. We are happy with Angela Court.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Wednesday 18 December 2013 by Philip H (Brother of resident)

Management could be more hands on and visible but the staff are excellent. The team look after dementia patients like my brother Tom very well. There are some exceptional young team members dedicated and caring who should be pain much better. I visit my brother 4-5 times a week and he has been at Angela Court over 2 years now.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Monday 9 December 2013 by Jennifer L (Sister of Deceased Resident)

My 91 year old sister was a resident at the home for six years with progressing dementia during those years the staff at the home looked after her with care and kindness, also with dignity and respect when eventually she needed end of life care because of pneumonia. They made sure she was comfortable and without pain. The staff also made sure that i was fine and the nursing sister on duty prepared me for what was going to happen. She died at the home very peacefully, it was a privilege to have been with her and to tell her how much she was loved.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Monday 8 July 2013 by JH (Daughter of Former Resident)

I am writing on behalf of my family and myself to thank you and all your staff for the kindness and love shown to my mother during her stay with you. I would like especially to thank her carers who have been so kind to her until the end.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Friday 19 April 2013 by P.H (Brother of Resident)

I would like to to put on record my appreciation for the hard work and professionalism of the Manager over the past few months since my brother was admitted to Angela Court. As a frequent visitor to the home I have observed what a good job is being done there.

Review of Angela Court Nursing Home on Friday 19 April 2013 by P H (Wife of Former Resident)

I feel that I must write to you to stay what a wonderful, caring and dedicated team of staff you have at Angela Court Nursing Home. My husband was there for almost four years and at all times received very good care, even to the end and I feel very pleased that I selected Angela Court for his care. Thank you.

Submit a Recommendation for Angela Court Nursing Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Angela Court Nursing Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Healthcare Assistant

£6.50 - £7.00ph

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

27 Aug 2014

Registered Nurse

£23000 - £27500 per annum

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

27 Aug 2014

Home Manager

40,000 per annum

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

31 Jul 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Angela Court Nursing Home