Fernihurst Nursing Home

19 Douglas Avenue, Exmouth EX8 2HA

Fernihurst Nursing Home, Exmouth, Devon

Situated in a pleasant part of Exmouth, in Devon, Fernihurst is purpose built and designed so that residents can immerse themselves in a safe and happy home which provides nursing dementia care.

The home features three lounge areas as well as a conservatory to relax in, a homely dining room, en-suite bedrooms (some with beautiful views over Lyme Bay) and the use of assisted bath and shower rooms where necessary, together with a hairdressing salon and beauty therapy room.

Everyone has the opportunity to participate in the social life of the home. A dedicated activities leader provides a range of stimulating daily activities, which include games, a library service, light exercise classes and gardening.

Residents' hobbies are always actively encouraged and daily activities can be tailored to residents’ individual needs and wishes.

A highly trained and dedicated team follow individualised care plans and are committed to supporting residents every step of the day with respect, dignity and kindness.

Group: Sanctuary Care Ltd

Person in charge: Suzi Blackwell (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 50 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Admission Information: We will consider all referrals. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Fernihurst Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Fernihurst Nursing Home is based on 10 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.064 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.804 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.26 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.064 for Fernihurst Nursing Home is based on 10 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.804 for Fernihurst Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (93 Excellents x 5) + (16 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 112 Ratings = 4.804

The Quantity Score of 4.26 for Fernihurst Nursing Home is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 9 Positive Reviews = 0.900

My father has been at Fernihurst since Christmas 2014. We had little time to find a care home when dad was released from hospital back in a late 2014. I wondered if I had done the right thing in going for Fernihurst after one visit but time and again I have felt that I made the right choice. They really care. The home is friendly and my father is treated with care and respect. He is happy and really well looked after. I am so glad that I found Fernihurst.

How likely would you be to recommend Fernihurst Nursing Home? Extremely Unlikely

The management and staff are helpful, very friendly and dedicated to their duties, family and friends are always made welcome at anytime. I can highly recommend to future residents and their families.

How likely would you be to recommend Fernihurst Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Fernihurst has provided exemplary care to my mum over the last 6 months. She was happy, well cared for and her needs met as they changes. The home were also very caring of dad, supporting him through this time. When mum died they were supportive and incredibly kind. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Fernihurst Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We visited a close friend recently. We were struck by the compassionate and respectful way the residents were treated by staff members, particularly Natalie and Hazel.

How likely would you be to recommend Fernihurst Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother developed Vascular Dementia plus medical problems, and I knew she would have to go into a home that could care for all her needs. When I visited Fernihurst and the manager showed me around, I was very impressed with the high quality of care that was offered for my mother. She has been there a while now ans is always treated with dignity, kindness, compassion and unlimited patience by all the staff members.
This has been a very difficult time for me but made easier by the excellent staff and manager who have given me so much support, and helped me accept what has happened to my mother. Always finding time to speak and reassure me. I cannot thank them enough.

I would highly recommend this home as on my visits I have seen the staff to be caring and helpful to residents and visitors in sometimes challenging situations. The home has been a godsend giving my mother care, security and relief for my whole family knowing mother is being looked after by the best people.

A very friendly home. Nothing is too much trouble, your always made very welcome its like one big happy family. Care is excellent you could not ask for any better. We are kept up to date with health issues and any activities going on. There is always a member of staff willing to talk if you have any problems. All residents always look clean and well cared for and I really like the way staff will sit and do things with residents, not like the one my mother was in where they did not give two hoots. Thank goodness for places like Fernihurst.

Review of Fernihurst

Dad and I reluctantly moved Mum to Fernihurst due to a change in personal circumstances. We were concerned that she would become very unsettled but these fears were quickly overcome by the care and attention of the staff. I was also impressed by the management and their communication. The staff, at all levels, have been most helpful in settling mum into her new home.

How likely would you be to recommend Fernihurst Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have been visiting my mother or taking her out most weeks for six years whilst at Fenihurst. Apart from one short period of time when there were management and staff problems, both are back to excellent, attentive care. My mother is in the late stages of Alzheimer’s.

I am fully confident that this home provides a high standard of care for my wife's needs and capabilities. After five years of visiting twice weekly have found her to be relatively content, happy and healthy with little deterioration in her mental/physical condition.

Submit a Review for Fernihurst Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Fernihurst Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Fernihurst Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Fernihurst Nursing Home