Parkwood House, Plymouth, Devon

Set in quiet cul-de-sac, overlooking Devonport Park, Parkwood House is just a short walk from Stoke Village where there are useful convenience stores, a bank, shops and cafes.

Parkwood House has a lively sociable atmosphere with 46 places, two lounges on the ground floor and a more private upper lounge where residents can entertain and socialise. There is sheltered courtyard garden, and Devonport Park with its elegant bowling lawns and quiet putting lawns, is literally just opposite.

You may expect:

A high standard of general nursing and residential care including respite care and rehabilitation

An excellent choice of menu and good home cooking by the resident chef

Regular visits by hairdresser, aromatherapist and chiropodist

Fully fitted hairdressing salon, library and Jacuzzi bath

Ongoing programme of seasonal events

Group: Southern Healthcare (Wessex) Ltd

Person in charge: Lorna Smith (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Plymouth City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 51 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £492 – £800 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £400 – £600

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Parkwood House: click here

posted 12 Aug 2015

1 Nursing or Residential Vacancy - please call for details

The user 'Review Score' (8.3 for Parkwood House) is based on 3 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Parkwood House

Parkwood House, Plymouth - Has to be with the very best!
My father-in-law (aged 96 years) was admitted to Parkwood in July this year with deteriorating health and increasing care needs. He passed away on 2nd December 2014, this was very much in line with the GP's expectations. Parkwood was my family's first experience of a Care/Nursing Home. But a real eye opener! The care, concern and patience afforded by Lorna Smith and her Staff is a credit to their profession. A nice blend of nationalities among the staff who all took my father-in law immediately as the newest member of 'their family'. His wife (aged 93 years) wished to visit her husband morning and afternoons, not a problem for anyone - a cup of tea always offered. Many times we entered his room with staff already assisting him without them being aware we were outside his door - the care and dignity being shown him was, in my humble view, exemplary, be it changing/washing him or getting him to eat or drink. Speaking to some of the more mobile Residents (some who had been there years) just added to our own thoughts of the Home - this is their Home - they want no other! In a funny sort of way we will sorely miss our visits to the Home, the staff became our friends/acquaintances rather than Carers. I would highly recommend Parkwood, Plymouth to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkwood House? Extremely likely

Parkwood House

An excellent friendly home with excellent staff. I enjoyed my stay despite my circumstances and will come back to visit and stay.

Parkwood House

I would recommend Parkwood House to all!! My mum went into the home after breaking her femur. While there she was diagnosed with dementia. My mum was very very demanding of all staff, and they were all so caring and understanding. My mum's dementia got worse and all the caring continued with understanding from all staff, and I will never be able to thank them enough! My mum has now passed away - November 2013 - and the end of life care was second to none: caring for myself and family was also within their care.

Submit a Review for Parkwood House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Parkwood House

There are no jobs posted yet for Parkwood House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Parkwood House