Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home

Fairfield, Bristol Road, Sherborne DT9 4HG

Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home, Sherborne, Dorset

Abbey View is ideally located in the historic English country town of Sherborne and is only a few minutes walk from the Abbey, the old town and its amenities. Abbey View offers tasteful comfort in a warm and friendly setting.

From the welcoming reception area to the spacious lounges and dining room at Abbey View the comfort of residents is paramount. The fully equipped hairdressing salon is a favourite with the ladies and the garden area is popular for a gentle walk. A variety of specialist bathrooms including the luxury of a hydrotherapy bath are available for the residents to enjoy.

Together with excellent care and health-related services, Abbey View residents enjoy a wide range of activities and themed days organised by the owners to make for an enjoyable day-to-day lifestyle.

Group: Colten Care Ltd

Person in charge: Jo Ellis (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Dorset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 51 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home: click here

posted 16 May 2016

Nursing & Residential

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home is based on 12 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.337 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.866 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.471 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.337 for Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home is based on 12 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.866 for Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home is calculated as follows: ( (125 Excellents x 5) + (15 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 142 Ratings = 4.866

The Quantity Score of 4.471 for Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home is calculated as follows:

Very happy. I am only staying for a short time this time, but I am planning on coming back in the near future.

How likely would you be to recommend Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home? Extremely Likely

I feel as though this is my home, with all my heard. My health has improved since I have been here. The staff are very kind and really care for me.

I have visited my father in Abbey View every day for the past 7 months. He had moved here after 2 1/2 years living with us. We thought the staff were just amazing and that includes everyone who had contact with us as a family. Both my parents have been residents at different times and on both occasions we have had nothing but praise and admiration for the genuine care and attention to details given to my parents. All I can finish with is a messaged of deep gratitude and thanks for making his last months so valuable. Thank you.

My husband moved to the above home when the home he was in closed at the end of November. My husband was made very welcome and comfortable at Abbey View, and I couldn't praise them enough. Sadly my husband passed away on the 29th January, he was paralysed down one side and was unable to speak. I really felt he missed his old home where he had lived for nearly five years. Nevertheless, I am sure there were some good days at Abbey View, despite new faces everyday and his inability to converse with them. My advice is don't close a home unless it is really necessary.

My Mum has been a resident in Abbey View for nearly a year now, and we are all extremely pleased with her care. She settled in to Abbey View very quickly, and it is definitely “peace of mind” for me and my sister to know that Mum is being so well cared for.
The staff are always willing to help and to advise, and nothing is too much trouble for them – we never feel that we are being a “nuisance”. All of the staff are always very polite, friendly, thoughtful and caring. They work quickly, but very efficiently – and they treat Mum with great respect and dignity.
I always find Abbey View to be extremely clean and tidy. It has become like a second home to me, Mum and the rest of our family. And a lot of the staff have become our friends. I have already recommended Abbey View to other families, and will continue to do so.

Because of my mother's poor health, I had to find a nursing home for her within 4 days so that she could be moved directly from the hospital. By a state of luck, Abbey View had a room available and thanks to their well organised and efficient team, I was able to do this. As a massive bonus, the home is absolutely wonderful in every sense - the home itself/staff/rooms etc. and now my mother is in a safe, caring environment. She is very happy in herself as a result, and making a good recovery because of it. I would recommend very highly Abbey View to anyone!

Clean, well run, friendly staff and decent food.

Abbey View is a really lovely place to be, it has something for everyone's needs (walking or in wheelchair). I lost my father 11 months ago and we now mum couldn't cope on her own, the only home that has a space was Abbey View, and mum has not looked back since. I would like to say a big thank you to Abbey View.

Living overseas I am not able to visit regularly. My sister and I chose Abbey view for our mother who I know received wonderful care before she died. Our father is now a resident and I have just visited for 2 weeks. Not having visited my mother this was my first experience, and while I knew from my sister how lovely the staff are I was able to see for myself. The manager and her team are more like family. It is a very warm, happy, caring home, friendly and clean. (It is currently being refurbished and even the workers are faultless and friendly too!)

Abbey View is very good with a lovely atmosphere. The care is good and you are made to feel very much at home.

Abbey View has a relaxed atmosphere. It is a large home with a variety of residents so you are always meeting someone different. The food is very good and care is excellent on the whole. It is in close proximity to the town. It has a lovely well tended garden where the residents can sit. There is a mixture of activities and entertainment.

Quality of care is excellent, Abbey View is very homely, the food is good and the home is close to the town which is handy.

Submit a Review for Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Abbey View Nursing & Residential Home