Amberwood House, Ferndown, Dorset

Amberwood House is a beautiful purpose built Home in a delightful leafy setting in the heart of Ferndown. Very conveniently situated close to the community arts centre, local shops and churches and doctors' surgeries.

Amberwood House is a bright, luxurious and welcoming Home with 54 en-suite bedrooms many of which overlook the peaceful landscaped garden.

The main lounge and dining room offers company and comfort and extends out on to a colourful patio via wide French doors. Further cosy lounges, an interesting library and well equipped kitchenettes and an activity room all combine to make Amberwood a delightful Home.

Together with en-suite bedrooms, Amberwood House also has a selection of comfortable lounges, its own library and an activity room.

Group: Colten Care Ltd

Person in charge: Maggie Tomlin (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Dorset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 54 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Amberwood House: click here

posted 01 Feb 2016

Nursing & Residential

The user Review Score of 8.7 for Amberwood House is based on 7 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.703 is made up of 4.744 Points relating to the ratings and 3.959 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

although I am very critical by nature, I was very impressed by his home. The staff were kind, courteous and efficient in every way and were able to deal with any problem I encountered. Nothing was too much trouble. The care and attention I received enabled me to return home after 4 weeks and look after myself.

I am the carer for my sister who has booked in for one weeks respite. I have been present for a large part of the day (11.30am to 7.30pm) and this has enabled me to assess the standard of care and accommodation and the quality of the meals provided. I observed the care received, not only by my sister but also to other residents and found it to be of a high standard. The staff are particularly attentive, polite and friendly and always eager to help. The accommodation is excellent and spotlessly clean. The d├ęcor and furnishings are maintained in pristine condition. The quality of the cuisine is outstanding, with a wide choice and generous helpings. The chefs go out of their way to accommodate those with special needs.

I cannot fault the care and attention given to the residents. The staff are dedicated, caring and comforting to both residents and relatives.

I would highly recommend.

This home is second to none.

My mother and father went to live at Amberwood soon after it opened in 2006. My father died there in 2008 and my mother has just died there in July 2014. The loving, compassionate care they both received at Amberwood was exemplary. The staff were always kind - nursing staff, activity co-ordinators, restaurant staff and housekeeping staff were always caring to my parents as residents and to myself when visiting.

I would recommend this home for excellent service, caring staff. If I required a different sandwich at evening service, this was done no questions asked.

Submit a Review for Amberwood House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Amberwood House

There are no jobs posted yet for Amberwood House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Amberwood House