Norlington, Southbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset

Tel: 01202 422064

Norlington Nursing and Residential Care is a long established family run home which provides Premier Care for Senior Citizens.

The home is situated in Southbourne and is a short level walk from the local shops and seafront and also close to the main bus route between Christchurch and Bournemouth.

Norlington aims to create a secure, relaxed, happy and homely atmosphere for the clients to live in and for staff to work. Every client is supported on an individual basis with dignity and respect. We welcome families and friends at the home and encourage the client to maintain links to meet their social, emotional and spiritual needs.

Facilities and services include: activity organiser, chiropodist, dentist, optician, local priest, hairdresser, library, wheelchair access, lift to all floors.

Owner: Norlington Care Ltd

Person in charge: Gary Tempany (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bournemouth Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 37 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £650 – £850 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £570 – £670

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Norlington: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Norlington

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Norlington

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.9 for Norlington) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Norlington on Thursday 27 March 2014 by Sally D (Daughter of Resident)

Both my parents were cared for at the Norlington, in fact my mother is still a resident. I am a retired R.G.N and have had no misgivings regarding the quality of care in every aspect given to my parents.

Review of Norlington on Wednesday 18 December 2013 by Peter C (My aunt (Miss Enid Morgan - end stage dementia))

Positioned 250 yards from the coast with stunning views of I.O.W and I.O purbeck. Ideal for wheelchair short breath of fresh air. From the start the start the staff and management proved to be both professional and genuinely caring making my aunt comfortable and virtually pain free. Food and drink intake was carefully moderated as was personal hygiene using 2 part hoist for moving. Doctor liaison and following recommendations. Hair was combed. In short, the best care home I have ever visited in all areas. Even at the end carer holding her hand. [en suite & TV in room]

Review of Norlington on Friday 13 December 2013 by Rosalie C (Wife of Resident (Late Mr Harry Cooper))

My husband entered The Norlington in August 2011 after a fortnight in Royal Bournemouth Hospital. The care he received was excellent. With the many problems he had he was always treated with care and respect as both my son and son-in-law had worked in care homes. They both assured me that he was in a very 'safe' and caring home which extended to all the family on our visits.

Review of Norlington on Wednesday 20 November 2013 by Avril G (Friend of resident)

After caring for my client for four years she was admitted to hospital with a U. T. I. She went downhill very quickly and her family decided it was best to have her cared for in a home as she had lost much of her independence. She has a lovely large room and the carers have nursed her back to almost as she was before going to hospital. They are well trained, kind, and patient. I highly recommend this home.

Review of Norlington on Monday 18 November 2013 by John B (Son of Resident)

Very friendly family run home which in my opinion offers a very high standard of care. The home is spotless and all the staff, both carers and medical take a price in their work. Nothing is too much trouble. The food is excellent offering a wide choice of varied menus. I am so pleased I have found a home that my father is happy in.

Review of Norlington on Monday 18 November 2013 by Doreen F (Daughter of resident)

This is not so much a care home as a caring home. From the moment you walk through the door it is quiet and peaceful with a friendly warm atmosphere. All the staff are extremely caring, patient and kind. The residents are treated with respect and compassion. My mother loves her carers and will tell them that at every opportunity. I couldn't have found a better home for her.

Review of Norlington on Sunday 17 November 2013 by Tom (Son of resident)

I would recommend Norlington House, where my father has been a resident since 2013. The home is well run and the nursing and care staff provide friendly, dedicated and compassionate care for the residents.

Review of Norlington on Friday 15 November 2013 by Lesley C (Daughter of resident)

Since my dad's been resident at Norlington he seems much more comfortable and is definitely being kept clean and tidy and he appears to be very settled now. A huge improvement to the 'care' he was being given at home. All the staff seem very friendly and certainly have a great deal of sympathy and patience for their residents and I have every confidence that my dad is in the best place for him.

Submit a Recommendation for Norlington

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Norlington and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Norlington

Care Home Idol 2013