Meyrick Rise, Bournemouth, Dorset

Meyrick Rise is located near to the centre of Bournemouth and all the shops and amenities it has to offer including the beach.

This is a purpose built care home and it provides nursing and social care for the elderly.

Accommodation offered at Meyrick Rise is in single occupancy rooms, all of which have en-suite facilities.

Meyrick Rise provides several lounges for residents to relax in and separate dining rooms, where they can enjoy the company of others at meal times. Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is served with daily choices being available. Special diets can be accommodated.

Regular visits are made to the home by an experienced hair stylist and a qualified Chiropodist.

The home provides a good varied programme of activities.

Group: brighterkind

Person in charge: Janet Lewis (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bournemouth Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 74 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £800 Nursing Care Single from £900

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Meyrick Rise: click here

The user Review Score of 8.4 for Meyrick Rise is based on 6 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.387 is made up of 4.625 Points relating to the ratings and 3.762 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Efficiency, care and attention has vastly improved over the past year. The appointment of the C.E.O and the new home management team has been instrumental in regarding the home as the 'Flagship' of the area. The complete refurbishment has also added to the ambience, and cosmetic appeal of this purpose built establishment. Further improvements are in hand including restaurant facilities. Updated menus, recruitment and training. I am personally highly satisfied with standards of care received by my wife.

How likely would you be to recommend Meyrick Rise? Extremely LIKELY

When I thought of a holiday in 2016 I thought of a week in the Hebrides of Scotland but to be 90 years of age difficulty keeping up with the group, so thought of a respite for two weeks here and was immediately very impressed with everything. It became a difficult decision to decide permanent resident but to be a deserter of another home home did not appeal to me but if there should be a long waiting period I could come back here until there would be a place for me at the other home.

How likely would you be to recommend Meyrick Rise? Extremely LIKELY

The building and ambiance is 5 star. I required a place in a nursing home in order to stay for a short while after being in hospital before they could discharge me as I live alone. My son enquired of several suitable ones (it was New Year). This was the one that showed most interest over the telephone. Since my arrival I have been treated with the utmost respect and care by every member of staff. The food is very light and fresh and if the bell is rung it has been answered promptly and my request - usually for a pot of tea answered promptly. I would most certainly return.

How likely would you be to recommend Meyrick Rise? Likely

This is my second stay at Meyrick Rise, very nice staff. I've enjoyed my second stay.

I'm glad I came here after my husband died.

Submit a Review for Meyrick Rise

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Meyrick Rise

There are no jobs posted yet for Meyrick Rise

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Meyrick Rise