Sunrise of Southbourne

42 Belle Vue Road, Southbourne, Bournemouth BH6 3DS

Sunrise of Southbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset

As well as Bournemouth, Sunrise of Southbourne attracts residents and their families from all over the wider Dorset area, including Christchurch, Ringwood and the New Forest. This attractive community – offering both residential care and dementia care - is conveniently situated a short walk from the sea front with its excellent beaches and fresh air. Close to Bournemouth centre, with its eclectic mix of culture and entertainment, road and rail links are excellent for visiting family and friends.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Lynne Petty (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bournemouth Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 104 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Sunrise of Southbourne: click here

9.2 Sunrise of Southbourne has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.230)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Sunrise of Southbourne is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Sunrise of Southbourne in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.893 for Sunrise of Southbourne is calculated as follows: ( (75 Excellents x 5) + (9 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 84 Ratings = 4.893

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.337 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Sunrise of Southbourne is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 20.8 positive Reviews (104 registered beds ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 20.8 Target = 0.337

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Sunrise of Southbourne?

Reviewer Connection to Sunrise of Southbourne

• Son-in-law of Resident/Service User

Excellent staffing levels mean residents needs are attended to without delay. Staff are not rushing around. The atmosphere is calm and purposeful. Excellent standard of housekeeping. The place is spotlessly clean and smells fresh (no reek of air freshener!) white cloths on the tables in the dining area. Food looks lovely and residents get plenty to drink and eat. Design and layout of reminiscence 'neighbourhood ' is attractive and comfortable with no barren corridors and plenty of visual cues to help the residents navigate around. My father seems to be settling very quickly.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Southbourne? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Southbourne responded to this review on 13 Jan 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sunrise of Southbourne.
Your feedback is important to us, as is the care and well-being of all of our residents. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities to make a difference to our residents and their families lives.
The Sunrise of Southbourne Team

The care, attention and everything about Sunrise of Southbourne has enabled our mother to recover- twice- from severe conditions. No other care home could match this.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Southbourne? Extremely Likely

UK Marketing, Marketing Assistant at Sunrise of Southbourne responded to this review on 22 Dec 2016:

The Sunrise of Southbourne Team

I am 94 and due to health reasons I had to leave my 40-year bungalow to move- reluctantly- into care accommodation. A year later my physical and mental health have greatly improved. The location, care, staff, food are all excellent and I greatly enjoy all the pampering and all the social activities. Furthermore, the layout of the building is such that I forget that I am in a care home.

The Sunrise of Southbourne Team

It is difficult to describe the peace of mind I have knowing that my mother is residing in the best environment that is possible. I cannot thank them enough.

The Sunrise of Southbourne Team

Sunrise has a real homely feeling, my father in law lives here with his dog! In a ground floor apartment with French door onto the garden, perfect! He is always well entertained either in trips out on the minibus or by singers, pianist, school children, quizzes and more, he even attends the flower arranging and exercising classes.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Southbourne? Extremely Likely

My father lives here and has done since July 2015. His health and well being since being at Sunrise of Southbourne just keeps improving. The fact we can have his dog living with him is such a big plus. The staff are genuinely helpful and caring and work very hard to please, entertain and care for the residents. Any concerns, however minor or major, the management especially one lady will put right or sort out in an efficient and prompt manor. The entertainment at Sunrise of Southbourne and the trips out really make Sunrise a great place to be. The place had a fantastic atmosphere for residents and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Southbourne? Extremely Likely

My father has been at Sunrise for just over a year and a half. The establishment and staff have given dad a new life (he previously lived on his own with carers going in). He is always telling us about the different entertainment and activities and trips in better weather. He didn't want to particularly go in anywhere but soon adjusted and is much safer. He loves his balcony with his plants on. The staff are very good, respectful and understanding to him and us. They are professional and friendly. As dad's ability is diminishing he is happy for them to help him (a great relief for us). My husband and I feel included in Sunrise too we are invited to events, training courses and assessments.

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Southbourne

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Sam

Sam King

I started my career as an academic and actually began in the NHS doing research. So although I am officially a ‘Dr’, I’m not a medical person. After a little while of researching I realised I enjoyed dealing with people a lot more than data and moved into a management position with the local Ambulance service. After a stint in a private healthcare company I joined Sunrise in 2011 and have recently made my way down to the South coast and the Southbourne community. Working in Sunrise is unique and I feel privileged to be part of such a dedicated team and wonderful community of staff and residents.

Lynne

Lynne Petty

Job Title: Registered Manager

“I feel privileged to have been working with people with dementia at Sunrise for 7 years. I am passionate about person centred care and lead a motivated and dedicated team who make every day count for residents on their dementia journey. I am currently studying for an MCS in dementia studies.”

Ian

Ian Warren

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

Part of my role is to assist families in finding the right solution for their parent or loved ones. It’s rewarding to see, over the weeks and months, that all family members normally see a difference for the best. A difference that not only enhances the life of our resident, but all the other family members too.

Mark

Mark Jones

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-ordinator

I am privileged to have worked for Sunrise for nearly seven years as an Activities and Volunteer Coordinator I am passionate about making our residents happy. Along side my activity assistants I have a team of 34 volunteers to help provide sensory and stimulating activities for our residents. We have at least 5 times a day. I have 3 rag doll cats, my new chug puppy Molly comes to work with me daily. My main Hobbies and interests include China & Porcelain painting, Ceroc dancing and Gardening.

Sian

Sian Gregory

Job Title: Community Relations Associate

Joined: 2009

I started at Sunrise 2009 and have enjoyed several roles whilst working here. I currently help people on their journey towards making the decision to join our community here at Southbourne. I have shared some very special moments in Sunrise and every day brings me smiles and laughter. There is never a dull moment.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Southbourne