Canford Chase, Poole, Dorset

Canford Chase is situated in the select area of Branksome Park and is within easy reach of the award winning beaches of Poole and Bournemouth. Set in a secluded peaceful garden it offers five star luxury accommodation for fifty two residents.

Canford Chase is situated in the grounds of large secluded garden with easy access, mature trees and various seating areas. The tastefully furnished reception with seating area adjoins the extensive ground floor lounge with large flat screen television. The spacious dining room overlooks the grounds and garden. On the first floor the quiet lounge gives on to two balcony areas. The large and airy lounge on second floor provides additional television viewing facilities. The Home has is own fully equipped hairdressing salon, and a selection of specialist bathrooms including a hydrotherapy bath.

Group: Colten Care Ltd

Person in charge: Charlotte Wilson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Borough of Poole Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Canford Chase: click here

posted 01 Feb 2016

Nursing & Residential

The user Review Score of 9.5 for Canford Chase is based on 17 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.489 is made up of 4.835 Points relating to the ratings and 4.654 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My godmother has been in two other homes. The first care home chosen by myself became unsuitable due to her increasing care needs. The second chosen by social services was ok but Canford Chase was my 1st choice once I got P.O.A. It feels like a nice friendly hotel. All staff are welcoming and friendly. The rooms are clean and smart. My godmother is getting great care. Family and friends are encouraged to come in for lunch anytime (with 24 hours notice) I can honestly say the food is excellent. They are very organised and label all clothes within minutes of giving new items to them using smart iron on labels. I have no faults to say at all, well done Colton Care!

How likely would you be to recommend Canford Chase? Extremely LIKELY

Superlative in every way. Nothing but praise.

How likely would you be to recommend Canford Chase? Extremely LIKELY

This care home (although not cheap) is absolutely first class in every category.

Excellent in every respect.

After an operation on my hand and arm I needed help. Nearly 3 years ago I had 6 weeks respite care and chose to return having found Canford Chase satisfactory. I think it is the best home in the Bournemouth/Poole area. Many of the staff remembered me and welcomed me.

Following a stay in hospital I came to Canford Chase for respite care. They overcome my fears of moving into a care home after being self-sufficient.

Beautiful home and surroundings, cleanliness excellent and activities are a real pleasure to attend. Good interaction with relatives. Care overall excellent.

Ambiance, comfort, happy caring staff.
As a relative making a choice for their parent, this is the most perfect place for peace of mind. My Mother has visibly blossomed since joining Canford Chase.

Canford Chase restored my faith in residential care.The whole staff team are worthy of five stars for the warmth,caring and helpfulness. Nothing is to much trouble. The relaxed and happy atmosphere is evident form the moment you walk through the front door, all supported by wonderful food and motivational activities to suit all tastes.

My mum was only at this care home before she passed away. But as a family she couldn't have had better care and consideration given to her and us. Nothing was too much trouble. Our only regret she was only there a week.

Response to respite care.

It is never pleasant to have a broken leg, but I feel that I have been looked after extremely well during my 12 week stay.

My mother has been 4 times for respite care at Canford Chase. She is 98 years old and virtually blind. The nurses and staff look after her very well and she never minds going back, especially when she can sit outside in the pretty garden. The nurses and carers are all lovely, very helpful and cheerful and I never have to worry about mum whilst she is there.

Visiting almost every week for 71/2 years.

I have recently spent two weeks of respite in this lovely home, I have been very impressed by the friendly and warm atmosphere from the minute you step inside the front door. All the staff were kind and helpful, and obviously happy in this well-run home, and I found myself looking forward to every meal time and time for refreshment. I found the activities varied and stimulating, with good entertainment. I felt quite downhearted when my time in this home came to an end. Thanks to everyone!

My Husband stayed at Canford Chase fro a week to give me a break. He was very well looked after, the staff were lovely and very helpful.

Submit a Review for Canford Chase

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Canford Chase

There are no jobs posted yet for Canford Chase

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Canford Chase