Brockworth House Care Centre, Gloucester, Gloucestershire

Brockworth House Care Centre is a fifty-three capacity service, registered to take onboard the often complex needs of individuals with dementia and other mental health issues such as a learning disability.

Carers have invaluable experience in helping service users to feel respected and secure within the living environment, assisted by a flexible activities programme and many homely comforts.

A day care service is also open to members of the local community and the centre is situated within pleasant surroundings, but close proximity to shops and other amenities.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Person in charge: Franczest Mateo (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gloucestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 52 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Brockworth House Care Centre: click here

The user Review Score of 9.1 for Brockworth House Care Centre is based on 12 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.136 is made up of 4.674 Points relating to the ratings and 4.462 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Everything is all right as far as I can see, I come everyday. The home is very clean, food good, staff very kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockworth House Care Centre? Extremely LIKELY

Helen Nairn, Services Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 26 Jan 2016:

Thank you for reviewing the care and support that your friend is receiving at Brockworth Care Home. It is lovely to hear how friendly the staff are and how much your friend enjoys the food.

MHA at Hitchin and Ikley introduced me to the high standard which MHA provided to my mother and aunt. My career in probation and social work taught me to recognise good and poor standards of care. Therefore I chose aged 75 to use my experience as a volunteer in MHA and still recognise the high standards of care in the organisation. This branch takes only residents with dementia, they care for very vulnerable residents and their family members. In my view they rise above many difficulties and consistently seek to achieve high standards. If I were to suffer from dementia I have asked my family to seek an MHA residence for me please.

Helen Nairn, Services Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 25 Jan 2016:

Thank you for reviewing the care and support at Brockworth Care Home. It is lovely to hear how well the Home is doing and that you would choose us if you needed us. Thank you for volunteering, your help is very much appreciated.

I recommend this home as the staff and management have been very helpful to myself and my husband. We have been treated with kindness from the first day to present.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockworth House Care Centre? Likely

Franczest Mateo, Home Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 01 Oct 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to review your care and support at Brockworth Care Home. It is great to hear that you feel well cared for and supported by our staff team.

I am confident that my husband, a dementia sufferer is in entirely professional and compassionate hands at Brockworth House. I have ticked rated it 'good' instead of 'excellent' for the rooms because wipe clean chairs would be an improvement for those with incontinence.

Franczest Mateo, Home Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 03 Sep 2015:

Thank you for your kind comments regarding Brockworth House. We will certainly consider your comment and discuss with the Services Manager about wipe clean chairs.

My father was treated with great care, dignity and compassion. At all times nursing staff were professional, carers understood the complex needs of those suffering with dementia and treated them with great patience. Catering staff were always keen to please and the housekeeping staff took great pride in maintaining high levels of cleanliness. My father's clothes were so well cared for - unlike the previous home which actually had higher fees. End of life care was excellent and we also felt well supported by the chaplain.

at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 22 Jul 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to make such positive comments about the care and support your father received at Brockworth House. I am pleased to hear that you also felt supported through your fathers end of life by our chaplain and staff.
We aim to give both positive life and end of life experiences to our residents and their families and it is heart warming to hear when we get it right.
I imagine this is a difficult time for you , so the fact you have taken the time to tell us how you feel is greatly appreciated.

My husband has advanced stage dementia and moved into Brockworth House in Feb 2015. It was a huge decision for me to have to make which was made significantly easier by the warm and caring support we both received from the Staff at all levels. This support and care continues on a daily basis. I visit virtually every day and witness first hand the professionalism, compassion and dignity shown to all residents and their guests by every one of this hard working team. The food is freshly cooked from locally sourced ingredients and every effort is made to suit all tastes and dietary needs. There are activities, singing, tea dances, etc where residents and their families are encouraged to join in. There is a meeting for family and friends each month where any issues, suggestions or concerns are dealt with. My husband gets his hair cut by one of the hairdressers and his feet regularly checked by the chiropodist. He can even have a manicure and enjoys a reflexology session on occasion! I still struggle with the knowledge that I can no longer care for my husband at home but am completely confident that he is getting the best care possible in a beautiful setting and with lovely caring people looking after him. The chef even makes a Birthday cake for the residents on their special day, as I found out today on my husband's Birthday. How special is that?!

My aunt has received good care for the 4 years she has been a resident. The staff are mostly considerate, friendly and caring. There is a lovely garden and there are plenty of activities and events organised. Residents are treated with respect and affection.

I cannot fault the care that my husband receives from all members of the staff at Brockworth House Care Centre. Because of my husband's aggression at times, he can be very difficult, however the staff deal with this gently and kindly. He is bathed regularly, always clean shaven and dressed smartly. The staff are warm and friendly, always supportive towards me and if there is any change in my husband's condition or medication I am informed. It is much appreciated while going through this difficult and emotional time.

My mother has been treated so very well in this home and I have received all the help and support I have needed during some difficult times. The home and staff are always friendly and at the end of a phone with anything I need to know. The staff are kind, thoughtful and nothing is too much trouble. I feel mum is safe and well looked after, and would recommend this home to others.

My mother has been extremely well cared for during the past three years. I have confidence that she is treated with dignity and concern for her welfare. Mum has particularly enjoyed the musical and creative activities provided and appreciates the staff's attitude to each resident as an individual. The atmosphere is friendly and relatives also enjoy taking part in tea dances, fetes etc. Management is very approachable and helpful.

My father has been a resident at Brockworth house just over a year. I cannot fault any of the care he has received there. Staff are caring and compassionate, nothing is too much effort for them. We, as a family are also treated the same way. The home is of a very high standard and it shows from the minute you walk into the home. Every resident is treated as an individual.

In the two and a half years that my wife has been cared for at Brockworth House, I can only say that she has been well cared for. And fully grateful to all the staff for what they did to my wife until the end. Thank you.

Submit a Review for Brockworth House Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Brockworth House Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Brockworth House Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Brockworth House Care Centre