Brockworth House Care Centre

Mill Lane, Brockworth, Gloucester GL3 4QG

Brockworth House Care Centre, Gloucester, Gloucestershire

Brockworth House Care Centre is a fifty-three capacity service, registered to take onboard the often complex needs of individuals with dementia and other mental health issues such as a learning disability.

Carers have invaluable experience in helping service users to feel respected and secure within the living environment, assisted by a flexible activities programme and many homely comforts.

A day care service is also open to members of the local community and the centre is situated within pleasant surroundings, but close proximity to shops and other amenities.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gloucestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 52 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Brockworth House Care Centre: click here

9.4 Brockworth House Care Centre has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.430)

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Brockworth House Care Centre is based on 19 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.430 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.699 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.731 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.430 for Brockworth House Care Centre is based on 19 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.699 for Brockworth House Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (175 Excellents x 5) + (34 Goods x 4) + (17 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 226 Ratings = 4.699

The Quantity Score of 4.731 for Brockworth House Care Centre is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Brockworth House Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to Brockworth House Care Centre

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

7 Reviews* is 4.8 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 7 reviews. Ratings from the 12 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

My Dad is at Brockworth. I was impressed with the fact I could visit at any time. Dad was sitting in a comfortable chair during the visit. The facilities appeared very clean, he had his own room which was good. It was pleasing to see that the TV wasn't on as a matter of course.

I like to feel that Dad is in a safe and caring environment at Brockworth. I spoke at length with the manager and she explained everything in a clear and knowledgeable way. I like the ethos of the home.

Obviously, it is sad for me to see Dad as he is now having known him as an intelligent and physically strong man, but that is the nature of the illness. I think as Dad is where he is is the best place he could be.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockworth House Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Samantha Williams, Home Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 16 Sep 2016:

Thank you for telling us about the care and support that your Dad receives at Brockworth Care Home. It is great to hear that our manager was able to help you and that you feel our home has such a great ethos.

All the staff from nursing to ground staff couldn't have been more kind and helpful and sympathetic to both myself and my elderly mother. They made her last months a peaceful dignified time in the face of the ravages of dementia.

Samantha Williams, Home Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 09 Sep 2016:

Thank you so much for your kind review of the care and support that your Mother received at Brockworth House Care Centre. The team will be proud to hear that you found them so comforting and kind.

My mother moved to this dementia care nursing home after 4 very happy years in a residential home. Staff did everything they could to ensure the move was smooth and to settle mum and the whole family in. The home has gone from strength to strength. Staff are all so welcoming and care not just for the resident but for their whole family. Food is excellent, looks and tastes delicious, and all residents are able to take part in a variety of activities. Care staff are always friendly and patient and, under a superb management team are also, at last, able to relax and enjoy being with residents (and families) rather than being purely task-focussed.

Debbie Phillips, Home Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 22 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your lovely review of the care and support your Mother is receiving at Brockworth Care Home. I am pleased to hear that you find our team so welcoming and caring. I’m sure the team will be delighted with your comments.

He was cared for just a few weeks. In that time he received a secure, relaxed and caring lifestyle on my behalf thank you all team at Brockworth Care Centre.

From our first visit we were made extremely welcome by the assistant manager, who was very interested to learn what had happened to my dear husband. We were shown around the home and were extremely impressed by the carers and staff. With their interaction with the residents; the space inside and outside of the home; the cleanliness, very appetising food and general environment.
My husband was accepted into the home and our experience has increased tenfold! It is a wonderful caring and nursing environment and the dedication and commitment shown by all carers, nurses and staff is amazing. My family and I feel that my husband is in the perfect home and I can rest easy knowing that he is being well looked after.

Debbie Phillips, Home Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 13 Jun 2016:

Thank you for telling us about the care and support your Husband is receiving at Brockworth Care Home. It is great to hear that you felt so welcome from your first visit and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments onto the team.

Having visited my dear friend today for the first time at your care home, how well impressed I was by the security and the greeting by the staff. Friendly, helpful, smiling, no odour to put me off, it made me think I was visiting a four star hotel. The decor was clean and very relaxing , being with my friend when his lunch arrives it looked so good and smelt yummy, made my tummy rumble. Catering staff well done. I have been to a few care homes over many years Brockworth House gets top marks from me. Well done keep standards up.

My husband dementia sufferer was transferred to Brockworth House in April 2015 from another (residential only) nursing home who terminated the contract because they had insufficient staff to cope with his problems. He settled quickly at Brockworth House, responding to the relaxed and compassionate yet totally professional care he received and continues to receive. Training is through and I have found all members of staff from the most senior to the most junior to be welcoming and ever supportive to me and the family ready to listen or discuss particular problems or issues at any time. We are most grateful and recommend Brockworth House unreservedly.

Debbie Phillips, Home Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 14 Mar 2016:

Thank you for telling us about the care and support that your Husband receives at Brockworth House. It is great to hear that he has settled in so well and that you and the family feel well supported. I will be sure to pass your comments onto our team who will be delighted with them.

My husband was a resident at Brockworth House for 23 months. He suffered from Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia. When admitted he was very aggressive, hitting out at people, pushing, breaking objects and even pulled the fireplace out of position. The staff dealt with all this in a calm and humane manner. He was washed, fed, changed and even had hugs from the staff. In all this the staff were very supportive for me and helped me through this difficult time. Also end of life care was excellent.

No Average Rating is available*

Debbie Phillips, Home Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 15 Apr 2016:

Thank you for taking time to tell us about the care and support your Husband received at Brockworth House. I am pleased that we were able to support you and your Husband through what I can only imagine was a very difficult journey, thank you again.

Everything is all right as far as I can see, I come everyday. The home is very clean, food good, staff very kind.

No Average Rating is available*

Helen Nairn, Services Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 26 Jan 2016:

Thank you for reviewing the care and support that your friend is receiving at Brockworth Care Home. It is lovely to hear how friendly the staff are and how much your friend enjoys the food.

MHA at Hitchin and Ikley introduced me to the high standard which MHA provided to my mother and aunt. My career in probation and social work taught me to recognise good and poor standards of care. Therefore I chose aged 75 to use my experience as a volunteer in MHA and still recognise the high standards of care in the organisation. This branch takes only residents with dementia, they care for very vulnerable residents and their family members. In my view they rise above many difficulties and consistently seek to achieve high standards. If I were to suffer from dementia I have asked my family to seek an MHA residence for me please.

No Average Rating is available*

Helen Nairn, Services Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 25 Jan 2016:

Thank you for reviewing the care and support at Brockworth Care Home. It is lovely to hear how well the Home is doing and that you would choose us if you needed us. Thank you for volunteering, your help is very much appreciated.

I recommend this home as the staff and management have been very helpful to myself and my husband. We have been treated with kindness from the first day to present.

How likely would you be to recommend Brockworth House Care Centre? Likely

No Average Rating is available*

Franczest Mateo, Home Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 01 Oct 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to review your care and support at Brockworth Care Home. It is great to hear that you feel well cared for and supported by our staff team.

I am confident that my husband, a dementia sufferer is in entirely professional and compassionate hands at Brockworth House. I have ticked rated it 'good' instead of 'excellent' for the rooms because wipe clean chairs would be an improvement for those with incontinence.

No Average Rating is available*

Franczest Mateo, Home Manager at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 03 Sep 2015:

Thank you for your kind comments regarding Brockworth House. We will certainly consider your comment and discuss with the Services Manager about wipe clean chairs.

My father was treated with great care, dignity and compassion. At all times nursing staff were professional, carers understood the complex needs of those suffering with dementia and treated them with great patience. Catering staff were always keen to please and the housekeeping staff took great pride in maintaining high levels of cleanliness. My father's clothes were so well cared for - unlike the previous home which actually had higher fees. End of life care was excellent and we also felt well supported by the chaplain.

at Brockworth House Care Centre responded to this review on 22 Jul 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to make such positive comments about the care and support your father received at Brockworth House. I am pleased to hear that you also felt supported through your fathers end of life by our chaplain and staff.
We aim to give both positive life and end of life experiences to our residents and their families and it is heart warming to hear when we get it right.
I imagine this is a difficult time for you , so the fact you have taken the time to tell us how you feel is greatly appreciated.

My husband has advanced stage dementia and moved into Brockworth House in Feb 2015. It was a huge decision for me to have to make which was made significantly easier by the warm and caring support we both received from the Staff at all levels. This support and care continues on a daily basis. I visit virtually every day and witness first hand the professionalism, compassion and dignity shown to all residents and their guests by every one of this hard working team. The food is freshly cooked from locally sourced ingredients and every effort is made to suit all tastes and dietary needs. There are activities, singing, tea dances, etc where residents and their families are encouraged to join in. There is a meeting for family and friends each month where any issues, suggestions or concerns are dealt with. My husband gets his hair cut by one of the hairdressers and his feet regularly checked by the chiropodist. He can even have a manicure and enjoys a reflexology session on occasion! I still struggle with the knowledge that I can no longer care for my husband at home but am completely confident that he is getting the best care possible in a beautiful setting and with lovely caring people looking after him. The chef even makes a Birthday cake for the residents on their special day, as I found out today on my husband's Birthday. How special is that?!

No Average Rating is available*

My aunt has received good care for the 4 years she has been a resident. The staff are mostly considerate, friendly and caring. There is a lovely garden and there are plenty of activities and events organised. Residents are treated with respect and affection.

No Average Rating is available*

My mother has been treated so very well in this home and I have received all the help and support I have needed during some difficult times. The home and staff are always friendly and at the end of a phone with anything I need to know. The staff are kind, thoughtful and nothing is too much trouble. I feel mum is safe and well looked after, and would recommend this home to others.

No Average Rating is available*

My mother has been extremely well cared for during the past three years. I have confidence that she is treated with dignity and concern for her welfare. Mum has particularly enjoyed the musical and creative activities provided and appreciates the staff's attitude to each resident as an individual. The atmosphere is friendly and relatives also enjoy taking part in tea dances, fetes etc. Management is very approachable and helpful.

No Average Rating is available*

My father has been a resident at Brockworth house just over a year. I cannot fault any of the care he has received there. Staff are caring and compassionate, nothing is too much effort for them. We, as a family are also treated the same way. The home is of a very high standard and it shows from the minute you walk into the home. Every resident is treated as an individual.

No Average Rating is available*

In the two and a half years that my wife has been cared for at Brockworth House, I can only say that she has been well cared for. And fully grateful to all the staff for what they did to my wife until the end. Thank you.

Submit a Review for Brockworth House Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Brockworth House Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Brockworth House Care Centre