Richmond Painswick, Stroud, Gloucestershire

Richmond Painswick offers independent living, assisted living/extra care and a care home providing nursing care beds all within a luxury village environment.

Independent and assisted living/extra care apartments are available to purchase, with the care beds available on a weekly fee. Respite and convalescent care is catered for either in one bedroom apartments or within the nursing home depending on the care required.

Richmond Painswick also offers wide ranging on-site facilities including a café, restaurant, elegant sitting rooms, a hairdressing salon, landscaped gardens, plus a Wellness Spa which includes a swimming pool, gym, sauna, Jacuzzi and treatment rooms. A daily activity programme and day trips means there is never a dull moment!

The 24 en-suite room Nursing Home is managed by the Head of Care who is supported by experienced nurses and carers. The village also has its own registered domiciliary care agency, plus Village Manager, Social & Recreational Therapists, Hospitality team, Maintenance team, Gardeners and Full-time driver and fleet of vehicles.

Group: Richmond Villages

Person in charge: Jo Walters (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gloucestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 24 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Richmond Painswick: click here

The user Review Score of 9.7 for Richmond Painswick is based on 16 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.672 is made up of 4.672 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Very happy, helpful staff. I was a little disappointed they didn't pop in to check although all the bells were answered cheerfully and promptly, it was leading up to Christmas with activities going on, I was encouraged to join these, overall felt safe and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond Painswick? Likely

A knee replacement at Hospital then all the care and attention I needed when I came here. All the staff, nurses and carers have been wonderful.

Needed post op short term care/rehab.

Short term resident

General 'all round' quality. Building & setting very attractive.

I have been entirely satisfied. The concept and execution of care is absolutely first rate, the staff are wonderful. I particularly appreciate the spaciousness of the restaurant and other public areas.

Convalesence Stay

After a period of ill health and a stay in hospital, I was recommended to use the Care Home at Richmond Painswick via my GP.
I had an excellent stay and I would certainly recommend this to anyone looking for somewhere for convalesence.
The staff were very friendly and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond Painswick? Extremely LIKELY

The nursing home at Richmond is very comfortable; the staff are very helpful, caring and friendly. My husband was happy to spend some time there. The range of activities on offer are very good, trips out for those who are able to participate. The atmosphere is one of care. The food is very good too. I would recommend Richmond Village to anyone.

I have enjoyed my stay, especially seeing the Tour of Britain pass through Painswick. I will hope to return for another break and will have no hesitation in recommending this to others to go to for a very enjoyable break.

Was reecommended by my sister as I normally live in Cardiff and I really wanted to have a change of scenery. The staff were excellent and the care I received during my stay was excellent as well, would love to stay there again. I will recommend others to give this a try.

Quality of Nursing Care & Expertise of carers, friendliness of all staff. Position of Care Home in beautiful surrounding. The facilities of Care home including Spa and Health Centre. The food is of a very high quality. There is an ambiance of Calm.

Nothing but praise and gratitude to the staff. They are all so kind and helpful. No complaints.
Not having an experience previously of a care home, however I feel Richmond Painswick is well above average.

I needed care because of falling and could no longer live alone at the age of 98. Having looked at several care homes, my daughter was sure Richmond was the best one for me.

In 2011, my husband and I, at 84 and 79 respectively, developed quite severe illnesses. Experience of hospital and the doctor's surgery made us feel vulnerable and uncertain about the future. We felt we must make a plan for the future and were fortunate enough to find this home. Even at the early enquiring stage the quality of care was apparent, and took away much of our fear. Everyone in the management team welcomed us into a new home of our own but set within a caring environment. My husband received compassionate care during his terminal illness, with no pressure from the doctor to submit to invasive treatment! I now love it here knowing it is a safe and good place to be.

My daughter was institutionalised some 3 years ago, and at the age of 48 I felt this was a tragedy. Thankfully I was recommended Richmond and given a viewing. We were delighted to hear that she had been accepted. She is pleased and content with her surroundings, and we have perfect peace of mind knowing that she could have nothing better.

I have chosen Richmond Village as the final home for my Father In Law as I am confident that he will be looked after in the best possible way. The nursing staff are professional, caring and above all friendly. This is important as he has more contact with them than with people outside the village. His room is spacious and he has all his own possessions around him which make him feel at home.

My husband is a permanent resident in the care home. The staff are always smiling and they work very hard. My husband is happy and well cared for. The rooms are nice and my husband is in safe hands.

Submit a Review for Richmond Painswick

Care Assistants

£7.10-£7.90 (dependent on experience) (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Kitchen Porter (Bank)

£6.70 (National Minimum Wage) (Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Head of Housekeeping

Dependent on Experience (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Stroud, Gloucestershire

Domiciliary Community Carer/In-House (Part-Time 21 hours)

£7.28 - £8.08 depending on experience (Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Housekeeper (Bank)

£6.70 per hour plus enhancement (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Stroud, Gloucestershire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Richmond Painswick