Richmond Painswick, Stroud, Gloucestershire

Richmond Painswick offers independent living, assisted living/extra care and a care home providing nursing care beds all within a luxury village environment.

Independent and assisted living/extra care apartments are available to purchase, with the care beds available on a weekly fee. Respite and convalescent care is catered for either in one bedroom apartments or within the nursing home depending on the care required.

Richmond Painswick also offers wide ranging on-site facilities including a café, restaurant, elegant sitting rooms, a hairdressing salon, landscaped gardens, plus a Wellness Spa which includes a swimming pool, gym, sauna, Jacuzzi and treatment rooms. A daily activity programme and day trips means there is never a dull moment!

The 24 en-suite room Nursing Home is managed by the Head of Care who is supported by experienced nurses and carers. The village also has its own registered domiciliary care agency, plus Village Manager, Social & Recreational Therapists, Hospitality team, Maintenance team, Gardeners and Full-time driver and fleet of vehicles.

Group: Richmond Villages

Person in charge: Laura Taylor (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gloucestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 24 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Richmond Painswick: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.8 for Richmond Painswick) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Short term resident
General 'all round' quality. Building & setting very attractive.

Richmond Painswick

I have been entirely satisfied. The concept and execution of care is absolutely first rate, the staff are wonderful. I particularly appreciate the spaciousness of the restaurant and other public areas.

Convalesence Stay
After a period of ill health and a stay in hospital, I was recommended to use the Care Home at Richmond Painswick via my GP. I had an excellent stay and I would certainly recommend this to anyone looking for somewhere for convalesence. The staff were very friendly and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Richmond Painswick? Extremely likely

Richmond Painswick

The nursing home at Richmond is very comfortable; the staff are very helpful, caring and friendly. My husband was happy to spend some time there. The range of activities on offer are very good, trips out for those who are able to participate. The atmosphere is one of care. The food is very good too. I would recommend Richmond Village to anyone.

Richmond Painswick

I have enjoyed my stay, especially seeing the Tour of Britain pass through Painswick. I will hope to return for another break and will have no hesitation in recommending this to others to go to for a very enjoyable break.

Richmond Painswick

This was recommended by my son. I have had a very relaxing and peaceful stay. Enjoyed the trips out that I was able to do. I really hope that I will be able to return to Painswick in the not too distant future.

Richmond Painswick

Was reecommended by my sister as I normally live in Cardiff and I really wanted to have a change of scenery. The staff were excellent and the care I received during my stay was excellent as well, would love to stay there again. I will recommend others to give this a try.

Richmond Painswick

Heard about in a magazine. Husband required some support during the stay from the domiciliary care team which was excellent. It was a very enjoyable break with excellent help. We will definitely be returning for another break.

Richmond Painswick

Quality of Nursing Care & Expertise of carers, friendliness of all staff. Position of Care Home in beautiful surrounding. The facilities of Care home including Spa and Health Centre. The food is of a very high quality. There is an ambiance of Calm.

Richmond Painswick

Nothing but praise and gratitude to the staff. They are all so kind and helpful. No complaints. Not having an experience previously of a care home, however I feel Richmond Painswick is well above average.

Richmond Painswick

I needed care because of falling and could no longer live alone at the age of 98. Having looked at several care homes, my daughter was sure Richmond was the best one for me.

Richmond Painswick

In 2011, my husband and I, at 84 and 79 respectively, developed quite severe illnesses. Experience of hospital and the doctor's surgery made us feel vulnerable and uncertain about the future. We felt we must make a plan for the future and were fortunate enough to find this home. Even at the early enquiring stage the quality of care was apparent, and took away much of our fear. Everyone in the management team welcomed us into a new home of our own but set within a caring environment. My husband received compassionate care during his terminal illness, with no pressure from the doctor to submit to invasive treatment! I now love it here knowing it is a safe and good place to be.

Richmond Painswick

My daughter was institutionalised some 3 years ago, and at the age of 48 I felt this was a tragedy. Thankfully I was recommended Richmond and given a viewing. We were delighted to hear that she had been accepted. She is pleased and content with her surroundings, and we have perfect peace of mind knowing that she could have nothing better.

Richmond Painswick

I have chosen Richmond Village as the final home for my Father In Law as I am confident that he will be looked after in the best possible way. The nursing staff are professional, caring and above all friendly. This is important as he has more contact with them than with people outside the village. His room is spacious and he has all his own possessions around him which make him feel at home.

Richmond Painswick

Well if you want the best then look no further, not cheap but best is never cheap Excellent facilities well presented and maintained. Staff all very pleasant and willing to assist. In other words a well run village in a charming location in the Cotswolds We just await one of the independent living apartments coming to the market. rated 5star

Richmond Painswick

This village provides a care home for my wife and independent assisted living in my own suite. Richmond Painswick is conveniently situated being close to my Son and only one hour away from my Daughter. The company provides excellent facilities, a very good dining hall and a dignified lifestyle for my wife and , despite our needs being rather different at all levels. The staff are excellent and treat all residents with politeness, cheerfulness and respect. The place is efficient but not officious.

Richmond Painswick

The friendliness, helpfulness and cheerfulness of the staff and residents are outstanding. We felt welcomed, secure and cared for in the relaxed atmosphere. It is possible to stay for a few days to absorb the experience. One is able to choose the level of care and a wellness spa on the premises is an additional benefit. It is situated on the outskirts of the historic town of Painswick in lovely countryside. It has convenient access to Cheltenham and Stroud and transport is provided. Family and friends are welcome to visit and have meals in the spacious restaurant. Outings are arranged to suitable venues.

Richmond Painswick

My husband is a permanent resident in the care home. The staff are always smiling and they work very hard. My husband is happy and well cared for. The rooms are nice and my husband is in safe hands.

Richmond Painswick

I am no longer capable of living alone and the accommodation and care here are excellent. I have been lucky to have daily visitors and they have all been impressed by the help of the staff and the standards of the catering and services. The garden is a pleasure throughout the year and all my visitors have commented on the kindness of the staff. The outings have been most enjoyable and well arranged. The friendliness of the mini bus driver is much appreciated. The creative writing and art appreciation classes have been excellent.

Richmond Painswick

Simply and in short because Richmond Painswick is an excellent establishment. Nowhere is perfect but that's its aim - in time.

Richmond Painswick

Staff are very kind and try to be as understandable as possible. All kinds of directions and interests are available, these include exercise that restore the use of muscles that may be failing also opportunities to keep our brains at work. Cook and waitresses study peoples choice of food and try to see if all are quality fed. People who make our beds, clean our rooms etc are all very considerate, when I first arrived, every endevour was made to give me pleasure in my room e.g. the way pictures are hung on my walls.

Richmond Painswick

Living here is excellent sometimes the food is a little disappointing. The cleanliness is outstanding. The staff and the care are excellent but it takes time to get adjusted a new way of living. Sometimes there are too many activities and they overlap and need more planning.

Submit a Recommendation for Richmond Painswick

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

Kitchen Porter

£6.50 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Domiciliary Care Team Leader

£8.40 - £9.00 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Community Domiciliary Care Assistant

£7.10 to £7.90 per hour (Housing with Care • Part Time)

Bank Chefs

£9.00 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Contract)

Village Trainer

£8.50 - £10.00 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Housekeeper

£6.90 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Host / Hostess

£6.50 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Registered Nurse (Nights)

£12.50 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Bank Care Assistants

£6.31 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Contract)

Care Assistant (Days)

£6.50 - £7.50 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Stroud, Gloucestershire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Richmond Painswick