Camelot House and Lodge, Wellington, Somerset

Camelot House has been extensively refurbished, making the most of modern care capabilities within a spacious and comfortable environment. The interior is also ideal for residents diagnosed with a form of dementia, including colour-coded wings and clear signage that suits the daily lives of those with memory loss.

A Willow Wing lounge overlooks colourful gardens, with residents also delighting in the sound of birdsong from an on site aviary. The home also has its own chickens, guinea pigs and a rabbit, as well as a small allotment to suit residents who wish to grow their own vegetables.

Group: Camelot Care Group

Person in charge: Clare Woodhead (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Somerset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 90 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Camelot House and Lodge: click here

The user Review Score of 9.1 for Camelot House and Lodge is based on 13 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.119 is made up of 4.83 Points relating to the ratings and 4.289 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Since my mother has been in Camelot Lodge she has been much happier with her day to day life. Her relationship with the activities lady is a particular area where she is improving and happy.

The overall perception of Camelot Lodge is excellent. It is friendly and as it is new all the decor is what we would expect to make the residents feel at home. The room is very light and spacious and again the decor is very pleasant with plenty of storage, all that one needs. Better equipped than some hotel rooms!

The most wonderful care givers you could ask for, dignity and kindness was shown at all times. Everywhere was clean not a nasty smell anywhere how good was that! each and everyone gave me such support. Thank You.

I find the care staff very friendly and helpful, this also includes service staff and senior management. Since my wife has been in care at Camelot I have had the utmost confidence in the care and support she has been given, This in turn has given myself a feeling of wellbeing, knowing she is being looked after. I can visit her when I like which is good for her.

My wife has been at Camelot for almost six years. I am very pleased with the way she has been cared for. The carers particularly are good and love her. She first showed signs of dementia in 2002 and considering it is now 2015 I think we had had a good run.

Wonderful Care

Camelot House cared for my father for, about two years. I always felt the home had a friendly and warm atmosphere. My father was very well cared for. Nothing was too much trouble. I am grateful to Sue Stephens and ALL the staff for their kindness to my father and to my mother who used to visit, dad, every day during that time. He was given respect and allowed to retain his dignity. He was very happy there. When he died in October 2013 his needs were attended to throughout his last days. I would genuinely recommend Camelot House to you as place of refuge and security for your loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Camelot House and Lodge? Extremely LIKELY

Great care and compassion shown to residents. We were kept informed by telephone throughout. Activities were well chosen and residents encouraged to join in, which they did with evident pleasure. Visitors made to feel welcome with nicely presented teas, coffee and biscuits.

Wouldn't wish my husband to be anywhere else.

I visited my mother on a regular basis. The staff and management were always there to help and very pleased with the care given. Would really recommend this home.

The staff at Camelot are always friendly and welcoming when I visit. They are carting and attentive towards my grandad always contact me or a family member if anything happens/changes with my grandad. It is reassuring to know that my grandad is being cared for in such a kind and considerate way.

I have been to a lot of care homes and this is the best I have had the pleasure in coming to. She is very content here and I am very pleased she is here.

Having spent 3 years in another care home, my wife moved to Camelot six months ago and experiences wonderful specialist care for dementia suffers. She has personalised her room and receives remarkable care and assistance. Indeed much seems to be personalised. Sensory stimulation has helped her to better understand herself and her surroundings. Anger-management (frontal lobe damage following a stoke) has improved her mood and enjoyment of life immensely.

1st class service at Camelot House. Lovely ambiance. Always made to feel welcome. Thanks for everything all the staff have done, it really is appreciated.

Submit a Review for Camelot House and Lodge

November 2013

There are no jobs posted yet for Camelot House and Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Camelot House and Lodge