Oaktree Court, Wellington, Somerset

Oaktree Court is a large country house, set within 13 acres of landscaped gardens, wildflower meadows and natural woodlands frequented by an abundance of wildlife such as squirrels and deer, attracted by the peaceful and unspoilt surroundings.

All of the rooms have lovely views, and are large, private and individually decorated with the highest standards of fabrics, decor and fittings, complete with en-suite facilities, electric fully profiling beds, flat screen TV's and telephone point. There are many communal areas within the home, allowing clients to choose how and where they spend their time.

Residents are also welcome to join in with an extensive social calendar, in the good company of others. There is a dedicated team of activities staff working 7 days a week, with visiting musicians, art classes, regular trips in the minibus and much more to compliment the wonderful surroundings. There's always lots going on at Oaktree Court!

Residents also benefit from good numbers of experienced, caring staff, who are also available to provide professional twenty-four hour personalised care, wonderful home cooked food, and a whole range of services to enhance their lives.

There is always a qualified nurse on duty in the home, giving peace of mind, and ensuring you and your loved ones receive the best possible care available.

Group: Majesticare

Person in charge: Andy Kirby (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Somerset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 56 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Oaktree Court: click here

posted 4 hours ago

We have two available beds at present, one in our specialist residential dementia unit, and one on the general nursing and residential unit. Both rooms are private with en-suite facilites, and have views across the gardens. You can call Andy on 01823 662032 for more details, or contact us via email.

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Oaktree Court) is based on 30 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Oaktree Court

My mother spent the last few weeks of her life at Oaktree Court, she couldn't have had better care, the staff were excellent and showed compassion and understanding as well as good care skills. They were also very supportive to me and the rest of the family - we all can't thank them enough for helping us through such a difficult time.

Oaktree Court

I have a lovely room at the front of the home overlooking the gardens. The flowers outside my room are lovely. The staff are lovely and if I need help they come straight away. The food is good and there is a good choice. There are good activities every day and I get involved when I fell like joining in. The other residents are very chatty and nice, and we all enjoy each others company.

Oaktree Court

My father-in-law spent his final 5 months at Oaktree Court. First impressions of a bright, clean and happy place were only reinforced by the care my father-in-law received. Initially he was able to take advantage of the many and varied activities, and up to the end, these were brought to him in his room when he was unable to leave his bed.

Oaktree Court

We cannot emphasise enough how pleased we were with the fantastic care and kindness shown to us and my mum even though her stay was only short. Nothing was too much trouble and we thank every single member of staff for all their help and kindness. The catering staff were particularly kind to us during the last couple of days of mums visit.

Oaktree Court

My father Morris was a resident for the final 6 months of his life. He was dying of cancer and a frail 89 year old who progressively needed more personal and nursing care to keep him comfortable. The staff at Oak Tree Court were excellent at meeting his personal and nursing needs and I would highly recommend this home. The facilities were excellent and the residents dignity always respected.

Oaktree Court

Lovely friendly home with plenty going on everyday. Welcoming to family and friends and staff team very relaxed and happy. Well run and managed and getting better every day, extra activities, extra snacks, extra input all the time and in stunning gardens too.

Oaktree Court

I am so pleased with the care mother receives at Oak Tree Court. The new manager has been an inspiration, he is hard working listens and is pro-active. He acts on his promises and is a very positive presence. The activities team are superb and we are so lucky to have them. not least, the nurses and carers are kind, respect the residents and all deserve medals. So much better all round now staffing levels have been improved.

Oaktree Court

I spent two weeks respite care at Oaktree Court after hip replacement surgery and I was completely satisfied with the care and treatment there. I was not involved with the activities there as needed quiet for my recuperation.

Oaktree Court

I was recommended by a friend and would certainly recommend this nursing/residential home to others. It is clean, friendly and very caring. My mother is very happy there.

Oaktree Court

I have lived here for two years, and I have my own room on the top floor. It's a lovely room with views across the Backdown Hills. The staff always do their best to make me feel comfortable and I am very happy here. I enjoy spending time in my room but the staff always let me know what's going on, just in case I want to get involved. Julie the chef is excellent, and I can eat whatever I want, which is great as I am a vegetarian.

Oaktree Court

I am more than happy here and very contented. The staff are extremely polite, kind and caring and there are plenty of them. I am enjoying the companionship of the other residents who are lovely and the food is superb, all home cooked. I cannot find fault at all!

Oaktree Court

Making a life changing decision for my elderly father has been a steep learning curb, which was made considerably easier by the support of, both management and staff at this well run care home. I have been extremely happy with the care and great dignity the hardworking staff have shown my father and their tireless dedication, has resulted in him regaining his mobility after a very nasty broken hip. Many thanks to you all

Oaktree Court

All the patients seem content, but on the 'top level' where the patients are quite poorly, there is a lot of work and the carers work extremely hard, so although new staff have arrived another pair of hands would improve things even more. I spend 4 hours each day with my husband and I can see how busy this level can be - EVEN MORE STAFF that's my only comment, then it would be excellent 'plus'! but well done to them all.

Oaktree Court

I marked facilities down as the wet room attached to my room had only support one side of the toilet - perhaps I should have put under room?. Food and Drink, I had to ask to exchange the desert for fruit as I found it hard to get my '5 a day' at times. Activities - some were outstanding but a lot did not generally appeal to me. I was glad of my laptop to keep in touch with friends who were unable to visit. With such a varied number of health problems it would be very hard to please everyone. Oaktree court is the third care home our family have had reason to use in the last 6 years and it is by far the best. I had a wonderful stay there.

Oaktree Court

Extremely attentive, caring and kind staff, beautiful grounds at Oaktree Court. Very relaxed atmosphere, superb activities and regular outings ensure the residents are kept active. The management are always available if needed.

Oaktree Court

Residents at Oaktree are cared for very well. The staff are wonderful. Any problems are quickly ironed out.

Oaktree Court

Oaktress is a very nice caring home. The staff are friendly and caring, my husband was looked after very well. Nothing was too much trouble.

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 24 Jul 2014:

Thank you for your comments, we really enjoyed having him stay with us, such a lovely chap.

Oaktree Court

Oaktree Court has provided my mother with a good standard of care since she moved from a London area home in 2012. The nursing care is good and carers attentive throughout the 24 hours a day she needs support. The accommodation is of a high standard and food is generally good and suitably portioned for her needs. Her suite is in a quiet area of the home with lovely views of the surrounding countryside.

Thank you, I'm delighted your mum is happy living with us, she's a lovely lady and we all enjoy looking after her.

Oaktree Court

A wonderful home for my mother. Idealy suited to her needs, she is so happy now. The staff are brilliant, can't praise them enough. Karen, the manager of the Dementia unit, is one in a million.

Thank you Ian for those kind words. I agree, Karen is wonderful, she puts her heart and soul into the job. I'm very glad mum is doing so well.

Oaktree Court

My Mum was a resident at Oaktree Court for two years before she passed away in February 2014. I have nothing but praise for the staff, food (she put on weight in there), cleanliness and the varied activities at Oaktree and I know that Mum was very happy there. Right up until the end she was treated with love and dignity - nothing was too much trouble. I personally always felt welcome and the staff were like an extended family. All the bedrooms are furnished to a very high standard with en-suite shower rooms - would match any good hotel room!

Oaktree Court

I am very happy here. I moved in after my wife died and I really like it. The staff are excellent, really friendly and helpful. The food is excellent, and there is plenty of it. My family can pop in any time. I've got a lovely room with a view right down the drive, and we all have our own bathrooms. I hope I will live for years here.

Oaktree Court

The staff are all very kind and treat me with the greatest respect, we go on bus trips regularly and the gardens are lovely. My family can visit any time and always feel welcome. I have lived here for about 6 months.

Oaktree Court

In my experience this home is better than most, the staff are all happy and friendly, the rooms are light and bright, and the gardens are lovely. Julie the chef is first class, the staff are all kind and understanding.

Oaktree Court

Death of husband. Having to sell our home in Surrey also to be nearer to daughter and family. Oaktree Court is set in beautiful extensive grounds the residents are encouraged to use. Disabled patients will be wheeled around by staff who would accompany anyone who wishes to explore, weather permitting. All celebrations recognised, Christmas, Easter also birthdays.

Oaktree Court

My mother has been in Oaktree Court since October 2013 suffering from Dementia. I am delighted with the care she gets, the staff are great, nothing is too much trouble. The food is excellent she has put on weight. They organise events regularly and go out on weekly trips. There is always something going on. Last week the home organised V.E day celebrations over a lunchtime. The staff were very attentive, all the residents enjoyed joining in with the wartime songs, waving flags and a huge sponge cake decorated as a Union Jack was on the menu.

Oaktree Court

Staff go the extra mile.

Oaktree Court

Viewed many care homes. Oaktree came out on top. Staff are always very helpful. Overall I would recommend this nursing home.

Oaktree Court

My father has been a resident at Oaktree Court for just over a year. He found it very hard to settle but with understanding and some wonderful staff he was able to enjoy life there until he passed away recently. The house is in lovely surroundings and ideal for sitting out in the sun or short walks. The activity team are brilliant and encourage residents to join in.

Oaktree Court

Security could be improved challenging to unknown visitors. Other than this an excellent home where my Aunt is looked after to the highest care.

Oaktree Court

My husband has been there for almost a year and is happy and settled he has Parkinsons and Alzheimer disease.

Submit a Review for Oaktree Court

September 2014

Finalist in 2014 Dementia Care Awards

Recipient: Oaktree Court

Date: Thursday 18 Sep 2014

August 2014

Carer, Healthcare Assistant, HCA

£6.99 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Wellington, Somerset

Night Nurse RN

£15 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Wellington, Somerset

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Oaktree Court