Oaktree Court, Wellington, Somerset

Oaktree Court is a beautiful and spacious large country residence, set within 13 acres of landscaped gardens, wildflower meadow, mature trees and natural woodlands.

The woodlands are frequented by an abundance of wildlife such as squirrels and deer, attracted by the peaceful and unspoilt surroundings.

All of the rooms have lovely views of the surrounding area and are large, private and individually decorated with the highest standards of fabrics, decor and fittings, complete with en-suite facilities, electric fully profiling beds, flat screen TV's and telephone.

There are many communal areas within the home, allowing clients to choose how and where they spend their time.

Residents are also welcome to join in with an extensive social calendar.

There is a dedicated team of activities staff working seven days a week, with visiting musicians, art classes, regular trips in the minibus and much more to compliment the wonderful surroundings. There's always lots going on at Oaktree Court!

Residents also benefit from good numbers of experienced, caring staff, who are also available to provide professional 24 hour personalised care, wonderful home cooked food and a whole range of services to enhance their lives.

There is always a qualified nurse on duty in the home, supported by care staff, and an abundance of ancillary staff giving peace of mind, and ensuring individuals receive the best possible care available.

Group: Majesticare

Person in charge: Andy Kirby (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Somerset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 56 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

The home is situated on the outskirts of Wellington on the northern side of the town. Travelling from Taunton, Middle Green Road can be found on the left hand side of the main A38, marked with a white and green sign set back from the road. The small country lane signposted Middle Green Road will take you to the main entrance.

Visiting is entirely open with no appointment necessary. Just walk in, sign the book and see your loved ones, there's no need to wait for the door to be answered.

Lots of parking is available, with level access to the main entrance, the home and the extensive gardens.

Latest CQC* Report on Oaktree Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Oaktree Court is based on 40 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.809 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.809 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.809 for Oaktree Court is based on 40 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.809 for Oaktree Court is calculated as follows: ( (366 Excellents x 5) + (73 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 445 Ratings = 4.809

The Quantity Score of 5 for Oaktree Court is calculated as follows:

3. (40 Positive Reviews ÷ 56 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.429 (maximum score = 1)

All staff very helpful and obliging any issues dealt with promptly and sympathetically. My other was very comfortable and enjoyed a good relationship with all the staff. Alternative meals are provided on occasions when the menu was inappropriate or not to mothers taste.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

I think it is absolutely excellent here, and I find all the carers and staff very understanding and kind, and we have long chats about all sorts of things. I feel I have landed on my feet here, and I think I will stay here long term. The food is extremely good, and I always get the amount and choice of food that I want. I have delightful a view of the lawns from my room.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

My 98 year old mother went into Oaktree Court in August 2015 to a beautiful en-suite room with her own door onto a patio, good quality curtains and décor. She was originally a very distressed lady reluctant to be in a nursing home but with extreme kindness, care and lovely sense of humour, she came to accept it as her home. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and after a very nasty prolonged illness she died peacefully and with great dignity. Her chief carer voluntarily came in on her day off to make her look as nice as possible in death.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

My mother entered the home on Wednesday of last week intending to assess (1) the concept of being in a home generally and (2) Oak Tree court in particular in a single week's respite care. Yesterday, Monday, she decided to stay permanently at Oak Tree Court, largely on the strength of the quality of the facilities and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. My sisters and brothers are very pleased that Mum has made a good decision at the time that is right for her!

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

I had to come here because I was very ill. I find the staff helpful and most times I get what I ask for, even though I am impatient at times. The surroundings are very pleasant. I have the activities programme given to me every week and I decide which activities I want to get involved in. I enjoy the quizzes and I'm looking forward to bonfire and fireworks on Thursday. The cleaners come in every day and tidy and clean my room.

How likely would you be to recommend Oaktree Court? Extremely Likely

The food and care are excellent. I'm her for ten days of respite care and I find the staff and other residents very friendly. The staff are happy for me to stay in my room whenever I want to, but I also know I can join in with all the activities if I want to as well.

I moved here when the council run home in Tiverton closed. I really like it here. Whenever you want something you only need to ask and the staff get it for you. They are all nice and you can have a laugh with them. The food is very good. I enjoy the meals and I get to sit in the dining room for my meals and chat to the other residents, who are all really nice. I know I can get involved with the activities if I want to.

I think the home is nice, and it's a lovely place. The people that live here are very sociable and easy to talk to. I cannot fault any of the staff, they are wonderful and will do anything for you. The food is really good, it's the nicest place I have ever been.

I feel at home here, it's a very pleasant home and surroundings and I feel I am being well looked after. The staff are kind and friendly and helpful and if I need anything they get it for me. My room is very pleasant with a nice view over the gardens and there's plenty of activities on offer. It's an open home so my visitors can come at any time.

The staff are very caring, the facilities, food and surroundings are good, although my mother takes little or no interest in any of the offered services.

My mother spent the last few weeks of her life at Oaktree Court, she couldn't have had better care, the staff were excellent and showed compassion and understanding as well as good care skills. They were also very supportive to me and the rest of the family - we all can't thank them enough for helping us through such a difficult time.

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 15 Sep 2015:

Thank you for a lovely review, the staff very much appreciate your kind comments.

I have a lovely room at the front of the home overlooking the gardens. The flowers outside my room are lovely. The staff are lovely and if I need help they come straight away. The food is good and there is a good choice. There are good activities every day and I get involved when I fell like joining in. The other residents are very chatty and nice, and we all enjoy each others company.

Thank you Cecil, I'm glad you've settled in so well. It is a privilege to look after such a nice lady.

My father-in-law spent his final 5 months at Oaktree Court. First impressions of a bright, clean and happy place were only reinforced by the care my father-in-law received. Initially he was able to take advantage of the many and varied activities, and up to the end, these were brought to him in his room when he was unable to leave his bed.

I shared your review with all the staff involved in his care, such a lovely man. Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

We cannot emphasise enough how pleased we were with the fantastic care and kindness shown to us and my mum even though her stay was only short. Nothing was too much trouble and we thank every single member of staff for all their help and kindness. The catering staff were particularly kind to us during the last couple of days of mums visit.

Thank you, it was our pleasure.

My father Morris was a resident for the final 6 months of his life. He was dying of cancer and a frail 89 year old who progressively needed more personal and nursing care to keep him comfortable. The staff at Oak Tree Court were excellent at meeting his personal and nursing needs and I would highly recommend this home. The facilities were excellent and the residents dignity always respected.

Thank you. I'll never forget your dad's face when the visiting kestrel was taken to his bedside, wonderful!

Lovely friendly home with plenty going on everyday. Welcoming to family and friends and staff team very relaxed and happy. Well run and managed and getting better every day, extra activities, extra snacks, extra input all the time and in stunning gardens too.

Thank you Anita, glad to hear your dad is doing so well. He's a really nice man, and it's lovely having him in our home.

I am so pleased with the care mother receives at Oak Tree Court. The new manager has been an inspiration, he is hard working listens and is pro-active. He acts on his promises and is a very positive presence. The activities team are superb and we are so lucky to have them. not least, the nurses and carers are kind, respect the residents and all deserve medals. So much better all round now staffing levels have been improved.

Well I don't know what to say! Thank you :)

I spent two weeks respite care at Oaktree Court after hip replacement surgery and I was completely satisfied with the care and treatment there. I was not involved with the activities there as needed quiet for my recuperation.

Thank you Pauline, I hope your new hip continues to behave, and that you are enjoying your new home.

I was recommended by a friend and would certainly recommend this nursing/residential home to others. It is clean, friendly and very caring. My mother is very happy there.

Thanks Gina, Your mum is lovely!

I have lived here for two years, and I have my own room on the top floor. It's a lovely room with views across the Backdown Hills. The staff always do their best to make me feel comfortable and I am very happy here. I enjoy spending time in my room but the staff always let me know what's going on, just in case I want to get involved. Julie the chef is excellent, and I can eat whatever I want, which is great as I am a vegetarian.

I am more than happy here and very contented. The staff are extremely polite, kind and caring and there are plenty of them. I am enjoying the companionship of the other residents who are lovely and the food is superb, all home cooked. I cannot find fault at all!

Making a life changing decision for my elderly father has been a steep learning curb, which was made considerably easier by the support of, both management and staff at this well run care home.
I have been extremely happy with the care and great dignity the hardworking staff have shown my father and their tireless dedication, has resulted in him regaining his mobility after a very nasty broken hip.
Many thanks to you all

All the patients seem content, but on the 'top level' where the patients are quite poorly, there is a lot of work and the carers work extremely hard, so although new staff have arrived another pair of hands would improve things even more. I spend 4 hours each day with my husband and I can see how busy this level can be - EVEN MORE STAFF that's my only comment, then it would be excellent 'plus'! but well done to them all.

I marked facilities down as the wet room attached to my room had only support one side of the toilet - perhaps I should have put under room?. Food and Drink, I had to ask to exchange the desert for fruit as I found it hard to get my '5 a day' at times. Activities - some were outstanding but a lot did not generally appeal to me. I was glad of my laptop to keep in touch with friends who were unable to visit. With such a varied number of health problems it would be very hard to please everyone. Oaktree court is the third care home our family have had reason to use in the last 6 years and it is by far the best. I had a wonderful stay there.

Extremely attentive, caring and kind staff, beautiful grounds at Oaktree Court. Very relaxed atmosphere, superb activities and regular outings ensure the residents are kept active. The management are always available if needed.

Residents at Oaktree are cared for very well. The staff are wonderful. Any problems are quickly ironed out.

Oaktress is a very nice caring home. The staff are friendly and caring, my husband was looked after very well. Nothing was too much trouble.

Andy Kirby, General Manager at Oaktree Court responded to this review on 24 Jul 2014:

Thank you for your comments, we really enjoyed having him stay with us, such a lovely chap.

Oaktree Court has provided my mother with a good standard of care since she moved from a London area home in 2012. The nursing care is good and carers attentive throughout the 24 hours a day she needs support. The accommodation is of a high standard and food is generally good and suitably portioned for her needs. Her suite is in a quiet area of the home with lovely views of the surrounding countryside.

Thank you, I'm delighted your mum is happy living with us, she's a lovely lady and we all enjoy looking after her.

A wonderful home for my mother. Idealy suited to her needs, she is so happy now. The staff are brilliant, can't praise them enough. Karen, the manager of the Dementia unit, is one in a million.

Thank you Ian for those kind words. I agree, Karen is wonderful, she puts her heart and soul into the job. I'm very glad mum is doing so well.

My Mum was a resident at Oaktree Court for two years before she passed away in February 2014. I have nothing but praise for the staff, food (she put on weight in there), cleanliness and the varied activities at Oaktree and I know that Mum was very happy there. Right up until the end she was treated with love and dignity - nothing was too much trouble. I personally always felt welcome and the staff were like an extended family. All the bedrooms are furnished to a very high standard with en-suite shower rooms - would match any good hotel room!

I am very happy here. I moved in after my wife died and I really like it. The staff are excellent, really friendly and helpful. The food is excellent, and there is plenty of it. My family can pop in any time. I've got a lovely room with a view right down the drive, and we all have our own bathrooms. I hope I will live for years here.

The staff are all very kind and treat me with the greatest respect, we go on bus trips regularly and the gardens are lovely. My family can visit any time and always feel welcome. I have lived here for about 6 months.

In my experience this home is better than most, the staff are all happy and friendly, the rooms are light and bright, and the gardens are lovely. Julie the chef is first class, the staff are all kind and understanding.

Death of husband. Having to sell our home in Surrey also to be nearer to daughter and family. Oaktree Court is set in beautiful extensive grounds the residents are encouraged to use. Disabled patients will be wheeled around by staff who would accompany anyone who wishes to explore, weather permitting. All celebrations recognised, Christmas, Easter also birthdays.

My mother has been in Oaktree Court since October 2013 suffering from Dementia. I am delighted with the care she gets, the staff are great, nothing is too much trouble. The food is excellent she has put on weight. They organise events regularly and go out on weekly trips. There is always something going on. Last week the home organised V.E day celebrations over a lunchtime. The staff were very attentive, all the residents enjoyed joining in with the wartime songs, waving flags and a huge sponge cake decorated as a Union Jack was on the menu.

Staff go the extra mile.

Viewed many care homes. Oaktree came out on top. Staff are always very helpful. Overall I would recommend this nursing home.

My father has been a resident at Oaktree Court for just over a year. He found it very hard to settle but with understanding and some wonderful staff he was able to enjoy life there until he passed away recently. The house is in lovely surroundings and ideal for sitting out in the sun or short walks. The activity team are brilliant and encourage residents to join in.

Security could be improved challenging to unknown visitors. Other than this an excellent home where my Aunt is looked after to the highest care.

My husband has been there for almost a year and is happy and settled he has Parkinsons and Alzheimer disease.

Submit a Review for Oaktree Court

Finalist in 2014 Dementia Care Awards

Date: Thursday 18 Sep 2014

August 2014

Registered Nurse

£15 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Wellington, Somerset

Carer, Healthcare Assistant, HCA

£6.99 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Wellington, Somerset

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Oaktree Court