Barchester Henford House Nursing Home, Warminster, Wiltshire
Barchester Henford House Nursing Home
Barchester Henford House Nursing Home

Tel: 01985 212430

Henford House is a former family home dating back to the late nineteenth century with beautifully maintained grounds. We're located in Warminster in picturesque Wiltshire.
We provide first-class 24-hour nursing care alongside support for people with a physical disability.

Our team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focuses on the individual needs of our residents with a tailored care plan for each person. And our dedication can be seen across the board - in our cooking, hospitality and organised activities for our residents. Regular church services are performed for any resident who wishes to take part.

We think you'll find we're ideally suited to meet your needs now and in the future.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Mark Barnes (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wiltshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 58 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Henford House Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester Henford House Nursing Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester Henford House Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Barchester Henford House Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester Henford House Nursing Home on Monday 31 March 2014 by Geoff Atkinson (Service user)

Definitely recommend to anyone who can afford it. I feel really rested, brilliant. An amazing experience.

Review of Barchester Henford House Nursing Home on Thursday 1 August 2013 by P. Foot (Residents on Respite care for 5 weeks)

As my wife has been unwell for a number of years, it has been a very stressful time for me. We were recommended to Henford House care home at Warminster for respite care. We were made very welcome on arrival. The flat we stayed in has been excellent in every respect. We really enjoyed the magnificent views from the living room. The care-staff have been first class and the nursing care has been excellent and the food first class. It does what it says in the booklet and backed by a very good management team. We are going home refreshed. thank you very much all the staff.

Review of Barchester Henford House Nursing Home on Wednesday 8 May 2013 by Marguertite F (Resident)

Having been a resident in a care home in the north of England that was very modern and had many facilities, it was not far for me a happy place to be. The constant change over of staff and attitude of staff was unacceptable. I left. However having stayed many years in Henford House I can recommend it as a happy place to be because of its staff. The staff are caring and professional and treat you with dignity at all times, they are friendly and will go that extra mile. However having been used to previously modern en suite with shower etc and many modern facilities I can say it does not make up for the attitude of staff, Henford staff make the home an experience to stay in, it's a pleasure despite it needing modernisation.

Review of Barchester Henford House Nursing Home on Wednesday 3 April 2013 by Odette N (Resident (Respite))

I have needed a much needed rest because of my heavily swollen legs and feet, I also have attacks of gout in both feet. I have been sent by my doctor to "Henford House" where I have found the management, staff, nurses and everyone connected with Henford House Nursing Home outstanding, efficient, clean and above all caring and dedicated with any menial jobs being never too much trouble for them and always with a smile and a joke, especially to cheer up the more disabled patients. The rooms are spacious and arranged with taste and flowers in each of them. There are flowers on the dining tables, where the meals are varied and plentiful. The dining staff pay attention to the needs of the patients unable to feed themselves or needing it chopped up. It is spotless everywhere especially in the bathroom and toilets where it is most essential and imperative. The home its self has a look of a stately manor surrounded by lovely views and looked after. If the need arises I would hope to be able to come back again. I have been extremely happy and well looked after, also i would recommend to any of my family and friends with genuine appreciation.

Review of Barchester Henford House Nursing Home on Wednesday 6 February 2013 by Evelyn Harvey (Respite Resident)

I am on 6 weeks respite and have thoroughly enjoyed my stay. All girls/lads are so caring. The food is lovely and I have made friends with lots of residents. A lovely break.

Review of Barchester Henford House Nursing Home on Wednesday 6 February 2013 by Stella B (Resident)

I moved to Henford House as a 'star' patient from The Royal United Hospital, Bath for 6 weeks of physio, having lost the use of my legs. I had to learn to walk again. The care home here is excellent and I'm doing very well. The food is so good. I can see some dieting coming on! The home's decor is really beautiful and it has a lovely garden.

Review of Barchester Henford House Nursing Home on Monday 14 January 2013 by Denise P (Daughter of resident)

A lovely atmosphere in the home. Cleanliness, friendly staff, who treat mum with respect. A super programme of activities organised by two especially excellent, caring staff, who always highlight special times such as birthdays, Christmas, Easter.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester Henford House Nursing Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Barchester Henford House Nursing Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Senior Care Assistant

To be discussed

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Warminster , Wiltshire

25 Jul 2014

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Henford House Nursing Home