Blenheim House Care Centre, Melksham, Wiltshire

Blenheim House Care Centre is an impressive purpose built Care Home, just half a mile from the centre of the Wiltshire market town of Melksham. Just 7 miles from Chippenham, 8 miles from Trowbridge and 12 miles from Bath.

The home stands in large landscaped grounds having convenient access to public transport links.

All rooms have television points, a lockable facility for valuables, a nurse call alarm and smoke detectors.

Provide personal care and nursing care for older people on a long term, convalescent and short stay basis. Twenty-four hour cover is provided by a qualified, experienced and committed care team specifically recruited for their sensitivity, dedication and professional expertise in this area of care. All specialist equipment is available.

All Majesticare’s Homes put Residents’ choices first, and at Blenheim House you are free to eat your meals in dining rooms or in your own room. Happy to provide meals for visitors as well. Fresh home-cooked food is nutritionally balanced and caters for special requirements such as vegetarian or soft foods.

At Blenheim House there is a dedicated activities organiser who arranges a lively social calendar including arts, entertainment, exercise, trips such as shopping, and events in the Home. Also arrange regular visits from Hairdressers, chiropodists, dentists, opticians, local GP’s, and a range of other professionals.

Group: Majesticare

Person in charge: Nickola Pritchard (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wiltshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 53 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £950 – £1300 Nursing Care Single £950 – £1300

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Blenheim House Care Centre: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.3 for Blenheim House Care Centre) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Blenheim House Care Centre

I cannot say how fantastic Blenheim House and all the staff are. My mother moved to Clove Meadow only 3weeks ago. She instantly had exceptional care, had her dignity restored after 6 weeks in hospital and smiled and laughed for the first time in months. Sadly she came to the end of her life 10 years before we expected it- not at all prepared we were supported, guided and genuinely cared for by Sarah, Mandy, Donna, Gorge, Pecho, Jacqueline, Jack, Linda, Anne. Mum passed away with dignity having had immense support and care from everyone and in delightful surroundings. We cannot speak highly enough of Blenheim House and the staff. Thank you.

Blenheim House Care Centre

The staff are friendly, caring and professional. I feel confident in the knowledge of my concerns or questions concerning my mothers care or dignity a response will be positive of a resolution reached as soon as possible. Changes of senior staff has at times been evident however new staff replacements have been available to discuss any concerns. I have valued personal understanding in relation to my emotional feelings being valued and respected.

Blenheim House Care Centre

My sister stayed at Blenheim House for 2 weeks residential respite. The home is beautiful, very clean, warm and all the staff were very kind and very helpful to my sister and to us. The receptionist was polite, caring and very helpful as was the office admin. The food and care she received was excellent, the overall home is excellent. 5*.

All excellent.

Blenheim House Care Centre

Brilliant care home, could not fault ANYTHING. Staff are caring, amazing, always at hand if anything goes wrong, the rooms are beautiful, like a 5* hotel. Would recommend to everyone! Amazing ....Home.

Blenheim House Care Centre

What a beautiful home. When we first came to look around, the staff couldn't have been more inviting and helpful. All of our questions were answered so quite and relaxing. All of the facilities were first class. My dad stayed for 10 days and was 100% cared for. All of the staff couldn't have been more helpful to me or my father. I would defiantly recommend Blenheim House.

Blenheim House Care Centre

Blenheim House (BH) has been designed in accordance with the Dementia Care Standards and has luxury facilities, beautiful period decor and furnishings. My mother has dementia and became resident there in November 2013. Previously depressed, withdrawn, refusing to go out her mood has now greatly improved - her smile has returned. She tries to participate in activity sessions and has even joined other residents on a day trip to the Bristol Aquarium. The atmosphere at BH is one of happiness, visitors greeted by smiling staff and residents. The care staff are highly trained, professional and committed to treating every resident with respect and dignity ensuring their physical psychological social and leisure needs are met. I am truly impressed by their communication skills. All staff demonstrate direct eye contact gentleness and patience, encouraging and enabling each resident to express their needs, and I have never witnessed a cross word spoken by staff to any resident. Senior Nurses and Management keep me informed of any changes in my mother's health and the actions taken in seeking GP advice. This gives me complete confidence my mother's needs are fully met at all times and I cannot recommend Blenheim House Care Centre highly enough.

Blenheim House Care Centre

Many, many thanks for everything. Both of us agree that mum was looked after with great care, kindness and treated with dignity. When we visited, which was very frequently, she was always clean with her hair brushed, bedding was spotless and she always looked comfortable. They also showed great kindness to us from management to nursing care, cleaning staff, everybody. We could not have had mum in a better place for the end of her life.

Blenheim House Care Centre

My mother, who suffers from dementia, is receiving excellent care from dedicated staff in beautiful surroundings. The facilities are very good and she is treated with compassion and dignity. She is happy living there and is regularly taken out in the community, on trips arranged by the wonderful activities manager, Helen, and participates when she wants in the various events arranged in the home. It is comforting to know she's receiving a high quality of care at the end of her days.

Blenheim House Care Centre

Care and attention excellent - every effort to deliver first class, friendly service. Good food and personal care.

Blenheim House Care Centre

My mother was terminally ill when admitted to this care home as a nursed resident. The care she received was kindly and professional. The whole care team were quickly responsive to my mother's needs and were kind and supportive to my family. No one could have been better looked after. On the day she passed away my sisters and I were cared for with great sympathy and kindness.

Submit a Review for Blenheim House Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Blenheim House Care Centre

Nickola

Nickola Pritchard

Joined: 2014

My background- Registered Mental Health Nurse and have experience in Learning difficulties, Challenging behaviour Down syndrome, Autism, general Elderly Care, Mental Health and Dementia care
As the new manager to Blenheim House care centre in Melksham I would like to share some of my thoughts with you on what I see as important in delivering Quality care for our residents. By doing this I hope that a feeling of mutual trust and confidence can be developed.
Safety is of paramount importance. You need to know that your loved ones are in safe hands and are being cared for with respect and with appreciation of their standing in society in former years. Privacy and a retention of dignity are important elements of care, as is an understanding of, and respect for, religious and cultural differences.
Each of our residents is an individual with a past and a future even though this may be subject to Physical or mental constraints. It is my aim that each individual should function to their full capacity through the enjoyment activities and social interaction. A well trained and highly motivated staff team, whose efforts and dedication are recognised and appreciated, will make these aims a reality. But the best possible care for our residents can only be achieved where there are open channels of communication between staff and families.
I hope to build on the excellent standards already in place at Blenheim House Care Centre and look forward to working with our Residents, families, friends with a view to providing quality care for loved ones entrusted with us. By working together we can achieve great things.

Nickola Pritchard

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Blenheim House Care Centre