Abbey Park Nursing Home, Coventry, West Midlands

At Abbey Park, it’s all about choice – from residents’ selection of rooms to the range of activities and services.

As well as a number of private rooms for people with dementia and dementia nursing care needs, Abbey Park has many double-sized, self-contained care suites, each with a bedroom, lounge and kitchenette and suitable for couples, or extra space for individuals.

Residents can choose to enjoy a sensory garden with water features, a seating area and a bandstand or to spend some time in the sanctuary – a peaceful room for quiet reflection. Abbey Park also has a library and an essentials shop for snacks, toiletries and coffee. There is even a reflexology and hair salon – the home has its own reflexologist to provide the complementary therapy to residents without charge. And with its own minibus, outings feature frequently on the activity list.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Coventry City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 84 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Admission Information: Requires nursing as deemed by RNCC Assessment. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Abbey Park Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.5 for Abbey Park Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

Dad moved into Abbey Park and now has new family, can't thank the staff and management enough. Fantastic care home food is amazing, the decor is bright and welcoming all the staff are extremely friendly.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

My Mother was admitted to the elderly frail unit back in March, my Mother and I were made so welcome by all the staff and the manager, nothing is too much trouble for them they are just amazing. My Mother and I both feel so blessed to be part of the family at Abbey Park.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

Abbey park have gone beyond my expectations with the care they have provided my mother. I would recommend this nursing home to any of my family or friends. There is always a warm atmosphere when I visit, clean and tidy facilities and lovely members of staff. I cannot thank you all enough!

Abbey Park Nursing Home

The staff at Abbey Park go above and beyond their duty of care for the residents. My Grandfather is extremely well looked after, as are we when we visit him. It gives us great piece of mind knowing he is being cared for by such professional staff. I would certainly recommend Abbey Park.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

The improvement we have seen in Dad, as a result of the care he receives at Abbey Park, is beyond our wildest dreams. Although he is in a nursing care setting, it feels so homely, for residents and their visitors alike. Being able to make a cup of tea, take the great grandchildren and even the dog(!) are little touches that mean so much. The availability of toys in a large lounge make it so easy to visit with toddlers. The staff go well above and beyond to care for Dad, and Mum when she visits, such that we can relax, and enjoy our times of visiting. Home cooked food always looks and smells delicious, and even a birthday cake on residents' birthdays. Plenty of activities are available to keep minds active too.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

Staff and volunteers were very nice, food is beautiful and fresh and the home is nice and clean. Nothing at abbey park can be faulted. I would recommend Abbey Park to anyone who is need of excellent care quality.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

I am very happy living at Abbey Park.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

The treatment and care, the staff have provided has been nothing short of superb. Nothing is too much trouble. Our questions and concerns are answered in a concise and clear manner.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

Would recommend staff highly in all fields. Always available to do their best for you. Nurses always willing to explain what medicines are for and doing wound dressings. All staff always very friendly and informative to family and other visitors, would also recommend to family and friends to consider buying in their retirement.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

I was very pleased with the service I received, and would gladly recommend to anyone.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

My mother-in-law is cared for extremely well, I can sleep at night knowing she is well cared for and safe. She wants for nothing.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

Mum was a resident April to the end of August 2014. I come from a big family and we were all happy with the care and support mum was given. We also felt well supported by the staff. The whole staff from the cleaners, the gardeners and all of the care staff were very kind caring and considerate to mum and to us. The staff always gave mum their time and support and chatted to her when we weren't around. mum liked all the staff.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

Very clean and comfortable. Staff are very friendly and a very friendly atmosphere.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

My husband has been here for 3 years,in this time his has deteriorated due to his dementia. I feel he has been well care for through all his changes. All the staff have been most kind and the management are truly excellent, always helpful and willing to listen. One small problem is missing laundry but this maybe right across the board with all homes.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

Abbey Park is first class care home and would recommend this home to anybody. The activities are first class and the staff cannot do enough for everyone.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

Helpful, caring staff. Friendly, clean. Good food.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

The care my mother gets is excellent, she is very well feed and cared for. She is bed ridden so has to be washed by the staff which she is and moisturised daily. This is so nice for us as a family knowing this, as you hear so many bad stories in the press but I would highly recommend Abbey Park. The staff are friendly and very caring. All of the above gives us peace of mind when leaving our mother.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

My mother was transferred to Abbey Park palliative care in Feb 2015, from a nursing home where both my mother and I had been very badly treated. My mother spent the last 3 weeks of her life at Abbey and I was with her most of the time and therefore witnessed the excellent standard of care and attitude of staff. My mother was always treated with kindness, dignity and respect, and although unable to respond in any way staff always included her in conversations. The resident in the next room told me that when I wasn't present the staff always talked lovely to her and told her what they were doing. I was confident that when I was not with my mother she would be well cared for. The standard of care was faultless and all staff, including nurses, carers and domestic staff were professional and knowledgeable providing care with kindness and appropriate humour. All of my mothers symptoms were well controlled and any new issues were reported to the GP or nurse practitioner and were treated promptly and my mother did not suffer and passed away peacefully. Although unable to eat I saw that the meals looked lovely and staff offered to provide anything my mother would eat. Relatives could purchase a meal for a very reasonable price. The standard of hygiene at Abbey park was excellent and the home always smelt fresh to me. Abbey Park was a little haven where I could spend time with my mother in peace and in a lovely atmosphere. Although these were her final three weeks - to me they were the best during the last 2 years - Thanks to the lovely staff in the palliative care unit.

How likely would you be to recommend Abbey Park Nursing Home? Likely

Abbey Park Nursing Home

My husband was admitted to the palliative unit at Abbey Park in July 2014. As a younger resident I didn't know what to expect for him, the carers and everybody who works there have been so supportive in everyway. They always give 110% nothing is ever too much for them. My husband is very well cared for and I never have any worries, from the food to the cleanliness to the staff is always really good. In my opinion if you have a family member admitted to Abbey Park you will never walk away unhappy, I'm just so grateful that Colin gets to spend his last few years with such amazing people.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

Staff very good, polite, listen to you and make you feel welcome. very relaxed home. If anybody is looking for a home you would not go wrong with Abbey Park, all residents seem to be happy. They work hard to put on events, fetes, days out etc.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

Staff and management were friendly at Abbey Park. I was offered food and drinks when I was staying with my dad on his last days. He never wanted for nothing. Nothing was to much trouble. He was taken on days out and the family was offered to go.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

My husband was here for three months in palliative care, his care was excellent, loving caring for his last months. His pain was relief was always taken care of, and he had a good rapport with some of the staff, having a laugh with them. His last few days were peaceful and I can't thank the staff enough for the wonderful care here.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

I have worked at Abbey Park for 12 years and on the palliative unit for 9 years. My mum Mary Temperley was diagnosed with lung cancer and given days to live. Myself and my brothers were devastated, but I knew the only place I wanted her to pass away was in Abbey Park with my friends on the palliative unit to care for her. My brothers have had no experience of nursing homes, but they were very happy with the care even though it was only for a couple of days.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

On the whole the home is quite god. The staff are very friendly and polite.

How likely would you be to recommend Abbey Park Nursing Home? Likely

Abbey Park Nursing Home

I'm comfortable with my husband being here, I don't worry about him. I fever I'm not satisfied the management have dealt with it in a satisfactory manner. The home gives him a good quality of life and he gets involved in activities. As a relative I feel my care needs are taken into consideration as well, and the home has become home from home.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

I am currently staying in one of the rooms on Stoneleigh. The care is very good and the staff are very polite and friendly. My room is lovely. I would definitely recommend this home to my family and friends.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

I initially looked around 3 care homes which had been recommended to me by the hospital. When I looked round them I declined all of them as I was not happy. When I came and looked around Abbey Park I was instantly impressed and I am so happy with the care staff

Abbey Park Nursing Home

I was admitted onto the Stoneleigh unit after having a fall at home. I am familiar with the home as my mother resides in the dementia unit but seeing the care through the eyes of a 'resident' was nice to see. I cannot fault the care I received, it was bloody brilliant. With the help of the Physio they got me back on my feet again and I was able to go home. I stayed there for a month and I can honestly not fault anything.

Abbey Park Nursing Home

The home has cared for my mother extremley well in the last 4 years, I have no complaints. The staff have been absolutely first class. The kindness and compassion that is shown when she has been ill has been exemplary.

Submit a Recommendation for Abbey Park Nursing Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Abbey Park Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Abbey Park Nursing Home

There are no performances entered yet by Residents or Staff

Care home comedy and musical entertainer

Votessm: 1 Views: 306