Barchester High Habberley House Care Home, Kidderminster, Worcestershire
Barchester High Habberley House Care Home
Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

High Habberley House is a beautiful neo-Georgian building, situated at the top of the Habberley Valley between Kidderminster Town Centre, Bewdley and Stourport. We're only 2 minutes away from the West Midland Safari Park.

We also have a sister care home, Hollyfields Care Home, nearby. We provide first-class 24-hour nursing and residential for older persons, alongside expert care for people with dementia in our Memory Lane Community. We also offer palliative care and respite care.

Our team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focus on the individual needs of our residents with a tailored care plan for each person. Our dedication can be seen across the board - in our cooking, hospitality and in organising activities for our residents.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Sara Morrisey (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Worcestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 45 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Admission Information: Over 65 Years. Ages 18+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Bulgarian, Polish, Russian, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester High Habberley House Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.9 for Barchester High Habberley House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

Our first experience of a care home - mother straight from hospital with her leg in a cast. All very scary and painful. The staff were so kind to her, and the nursing care excellent. That was 1810/2013. My mother has settled but of course would rather be at home. I visit daily and all the staff know me well. Lovely and always caring.

Submitted by Judith D (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 17 February 2015.

Review of Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

My mother has been a resident at the above home since 2013. I am very pleased with the care she has received while staying there. It is set in lovely grounds which she is able to enjoy during the warmer months. The staff there are friendly and professional and always make you feel welcome when visiting. There are very good facilities there, such as hairdressing. They have regular activities to pass the day, such as games, music and shows. There are different rooms that my mother can sit in depending on what mood she is in (e.g a quiet room, tv room, activity room) All in all and after initially visiting several homes. I am very pleased that we chose High Habberley House and my mother is very happy there.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester High Habberley House Care Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Garry P (Son of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 12 February 2015. Review relates to February 2015.

Review of Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

The nurses and carers at High Habberley have cared for my mum during a very difficult time, having helped her become more sociable with others and helping her get well again.

Submitted by Mr Weston (Father of Resident/Service User) on Monday 9 February 2015. Review relates to February 2015.

Review of Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

My husband is looked after properly.

Submitted by Rosemaria S (Wife of Resident/Service User) on Monday 9 February 2015.

Review of Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

My wife has been a resident for 12 months. She/I appreciate the care and attention provided. We find the staff cooperative and helpful.

Submitted by Trevor Teague (Husband of Resident/Service User) on Saturday 31 January 2015.

Review of Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

I am very happy in my new home and very well looked after.

Submitted by Patricia P (Resident / Service User) on Friday 30 January 2015.

Review of Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

I moved in with my husband who has now sadly passed away whilst here my husband was very well looked after and I am still very happy in my home and well looked after.

Submitted by Patricia D (Resident / Service User) on Friday 30 January 2015.

Review of Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

A very good home for services and safety.

Submitted by Susan I (Resident / Service User) on Friday 30 January 2015.

Review of Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

I am very happy in my home and well looked after.

Submitted by Joyce B (Resident / Service User) on Friday 30 January 2015.

Review of Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

As a resident for the last 4 months. I am happy to recommend this home.

Submitted by Enid Teague (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 23 September 2014. Review relates to September 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester High Habberley House Care Home

Registered Night Nurse - BANK

£ Competitive + Free Training/ CPD

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Kidderminster, Worcestershire

02 Mar 2015
Apply Here

Registered Night Nurse (RGN)

£ Competitive + Free Training/ CPD

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Kidderminster, Worcestershire

02 Mar 2015
Apply Here

Sara

Sara Morrisey

Hi and welcome to High Habberley House! I started my career in care as most people do - on the bottom rung of the ladder as a Care Assistant. It wasn't long however before I realised providing care services to vulnerable people was my passion and I soon started to understand where my career was headed. I worked my way up through various positions in the care industry and pursued a nursing qualification whilst doing this.

In 2000, I obtained my Learning Disabilities Nursing Qualification (RNLD). I also hold a teaching qualification.

I have managed care homes in various settings for a number of years now and bring with me a true passion for ensuring the highest quality care delivery through a person centred approach. My team will be supported to perform their roles each day with a programme of continuous training and development. For those who wish to progress, the Barchester Business School is available to pursue their chosen qualifications. I am also a keen beleiver in an open door policy, ensuring that my team understand they can approach me at any time should they need to chat about anything at all.

This applies to the residents and the families of our residents also. I encourage a healthy environment where feedback and open discussions are paramount in enabling us to continually improve the already high standards we aim to attain.

Outside of work my time is occupied by my family and my 4 year old West Highland Terrier called Beau... he will become a regular visitor to the home also!

Do feel free to browse our web pages but there is no better way to get to know more about us, than to pop in for a coffee and a chat. A warm welcome will always await you at High Habberley House and I look forward to meeting you very soon!

Dawn

Dawn Williams

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Dawn has the lead role on clinical issuses raised and supports the general manager with certain aspects of running the home. Dawn leads a dedicated and loyal team of nurses and carers to ensure that only the best quality of care is delivered.

Donna

Donna Reeves

Job Title: Head Housekeeper

Donna and her team work hard to ensure the home maintains a high standard in both laundry and cleaning. Donna and her team are regulalrly joined by residents who are always keen to assist with daily domestic tasks, be it be folding, laundry or polishing.

Helen

Helen Clifford

Job Title: Home Administrator

Helen’s role is to support the General Manager by maintaining the administration and financial systems within the home.

Sarah

Sarah Finch

Job Title: Head Chef

They and their team provide nutritious and well balanced meals. They cater for every dietary requirement. Sarah /Jo and her team achieved 5 stars within Worcestershire scores on the doors. They take great pride in their work.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester High Habberley House Care Home