105 Burntwood Road, Hammerwich, Burntwood WS7 0JL

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home, Burntwood, Staffordshire

Hammerwich Hall, near Lichfield, offers care packages tailored to older people’s needs.

Carers are also experienced in the challenges of physical disability as well as stroke care. Packages are personalised to particular residential needs, including respite and convalescence provision.

A homely interior is enhanced by landscaped gardens, a sun lounge and many pleasing aesthetics from the home’s time as a private house before it was lovingly converted to suit modern care provision.

Residents’ nutritional needs are assessed on arrival then incorporated into a food menu consisting of fresh and seasonal produce.

There are themed and monthly events to enjoy, as well as pub lunches, sing-alongs, games and gardening.

Person in charge: Kerry Cattell (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 39 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Stroke

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.7 for Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home) is based on 22 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

Following a house fire, my husband Donald went into Hammerwich Hall while repairs were carried out at our property. Although Donald was very reluctant to go into care, he has found his stay here to be very pleasant, he has a very nice room overlooking lovely gardens, with plenty of bird life, squirrels and little animals that help him to pass the time, due to him having had 3 strokes in the past 4 years, which have left him bed bound. We have both found the staff to be excellent, cheerful and very helpful at all times, and I am very grateful to the way that they have handled Don. I would most certainly recommend this particular home to friends and family, and so pleased they accepted Don here.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

Following a house fire at my house, I came into Hammerwich Hall for care and residence due to the fact that I am bed-bound following a series of strokes. The home is very pleasantly situated with excellent gardens and very pleasant rooms and the staff are very caring and cheerful, always willing to stop and chat with me, despite of a heavy workload. I would certainly recommend this home to anyone else wishing to be a resident.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

My mother has only been resident at Hammerwich Hall since mid March 2015 so is still in a settling in period. However, it is my belief that one of the most important feature about a residential home is that the minds of the residents should be stimulated by taking part in various activities and Hammerwich Hall does provide these. In the short time that my mother has been a resident in the home, I believe she has benefited from these activities and seems to greatly enjoy them and life in general again.

How likely would you be to recommend Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home? Extremely likely

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

I have good days and bad days but I have people around me here at the home who support me on a bad day. It is a happy home with a lovely atmosphere and we share lots of happy times. It would be nice if we had a mini bus though. There's plenty going on - Karen keeps us busy!

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

I feel settled and content at Hammerwich Hall. I mix with a lovely group of ladies. There is lots of choice with the meals and the food is very good I am quite happy now and very well cared for the carers are very attentive and caring. It's a very nice home with a happy atmosphere. There is always lots going on and the various activities keep us motivated.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

My friends here at the home keep me going and the home has helped me to force new friendships with both residents and staff. There's nothing I could find to complain about to be honest. We often have group hugs. There's always something to do with lots of activities going and our activities lady keeps our spirit high. The hairdresser is also lovely and it's nice to have that facility too.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

I have been visiting this home for 12 months now to see my wife, and that amounts to 5 times a week on different days so I can judge this home fairly well and would highly recommend it to people who are looking for care, be it resident, or family.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

It's a very good home. I enjoy the food. The staff are very good and always do their best for me. They even helped me to attend a wedding of a relative in Doncaster. My room is very comfortable and there is lots going on here for me to join in with. I walk into the village most mornings because I feel safe here.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

I feel happy and content living at Hammerwich Hall. I feel safe here and if I need anything there is always someone I can turn to for help. The staff are lovely, nothing is too much for them. I enjoy the food and join in with all the activities.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

I had a 2 week respite stay. During this time I was well looked after. The atmosphere was friendly and there was always help at hand if needed. The food was good and varied and I wouldn't hesitate about staying there again if the need arose.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

My mother has been a resident for almost 7 years. The staff and management are excellent. At 97 my mother enjoys the activities and entertainment provided and enjoys good standard of care and enjoys her meals.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

Beautiful surroundings, caring and affectionate staff and enthusiastic and supportive management. A real gem and a godsend for the elderly residents.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

My cousin is very happy in Hammerwich Hall. Staff are very caring, kind, and friendly - they go the extra mile! Lovely atmosphere, would recommend.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

I am very happy with the excellent care that is provided for my Mom. The staff do a tremendous job and are always polite and friendly. Communication is very good, I am always kept up to date with my Mom's progress health wise. The whole of the care home is always kept clean and tidy.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

Hammerwich Hall is homely and comfortable. The staff are mostly English with a wide age range. They are all extremely kind and approachable. The three course meals provided are freshly cooked with a variety of menus. Various activities are organised on a daily basis. This is a nursing and residential home where you will find the residents happy, content and well cared for. It is to be highly recommended.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

We find this home to be very friendly and homely. The staff are so thoughtful and kind to all of the residents. The activities are numerous and are helpful to everyone.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

My cousin, Barry, has been resident for five years following a stroke. The one to one care, visits, food, room and most definitely the staff, have contributed to his improvement in life and understanding.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

I have, comparatively recently, become a volunteer here. From the onset, it was apparent that there is a deeply caring atmosphere from all concerned, with care of the residents of paramount importance. Each resident and their individual needs is very thoroughly catered for at all times. Many of the non-residents - workers, have been here for many years and therefore is a testament to the happy atmosphere and deep seated interest here. I would thoroughly recommend it and I would be glad to give further information if needed.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

It is a lovely clean home and the residents all look as though they are kept very clean and tidy. The staff in the home are exceptionally friendly and caring and very helpful. There is a range of activities for the residents and a varied food menu that changes every day. Hammerwich Hall was the best home that we could find for our aunt.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

The Home is very clean. The staff are very helpful. The residents are happy together. Food is very good. Activities are very good and varied. There is a church service every two weeks which is very welcome.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

My dad has lived at Hammerwich Hall for over two years and is very comfortable and settled. He enjoys an excellent relationship with the staff who show respect towards him and are very conscientious in their care. If dad has any health problems, the staff telephone me straight away to inform me and communicate well with relatives through a noticeboard, regular meetings and newsletters. We are always reassured with the excellent care and commitment of all the staff.

Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

The manager is very approachable and the lounge areas give it the feel of an old hotel. All the residents and staff seem happy and content. The dining room is laid beautifully with table settings and serviettes. Number lock on door makes it safe and secure as you step into the foyer. All areas are clean, as are residents and there are no unpleasant smells. Grounds are beautiful and well maintained and all staff are friendly and helpful.

Submit a Review for Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hammerwich Hall Residential & Nursing Home