Barchester Hilderstone Hall, Hilderstone, Stone, Staffordshire
Barchester Hilderstone Hall
Barchester Hilderstone Hall

Hilderstone Hall care home provides care in a magnificent Grade II listed building set in nine acres of breathtaking grounds. We provide first-class 24-hour nursing and residential care alongside expert care for people with dementia in our Memory Lane Community.

Our team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focuses on the individual needs of our residents with a tailored care plan for each person. And our dedication can be seen across the board - in our cooking, hospitality and organised activities for our residents.

Our Activities Co-ordinators are working with Help the Aged to plan fun and interesting activities for our residents. Please feel free to pop in, have a go on our Nintendo Wii or take a stroll in the fresh air on our outdoor walkway.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Stella Simpkin (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 49 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken (other than English): Welsh

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Hilderstone Hall: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester Hilderstone Hall

No Bed Vacancies
(No Current Bed / Place Vacancies)
posted 21 hours ago

February 2014

10 Year Service

Date: Thursday 27 Feb 2014

November 2013

Level 3 Developing

Date: Thursday 21 Nov 2013

September 2012

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.5 for Barchester Hilderstone Hall) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester Hilderstone Hall on Tuesday 1 April 2014 by Gwyneth H (Sister of resident)

Staff make great efforts to treat my sister and others as individuals with very different needs. No place is perfect but they are genuinely kind and caring. The nursing staff are always extremely busy but they always make me fell involved in my sister's care and listen to what I have to say.

Review of Barchester Hilderstone Hall on Wednesday 19 March 2014 by Maurice W (Resident)

Activities were not used by me due to restricted health, everything else is fully recommended by me.

Review of Barchester Hilderstone Hall on Tuesday 11 March 2014 by Jill B (Daughter of Resident)

My mother was a resident in Hilderstone Hall for 3 years. Although to begin with she wasn't happy to go there, she soon realised how kind everyone was. she received excellent care and attention which took a great weight off me as an only child. I could strongly recommend Hilderstone to anyone.

Review of Barchester Hilderstone Hall on Monday 15 July 2013 by Stanley W (Brother-in-law of resident)

Lillian W has been a resident for approx ten years and I have visited the home 4 or 5 times per year from Wirral. In that time, during a period of slow deterioration, she has always been well dressed, and tidy. Staff always, polite caring and welcoming to visitors. Having been a regular visitor to sundry care homes, old peoples homes and various institutions, also a member of hospital chaplaincy team. In my clerical capacity of 40 years I would rate Hilderstone with highest marks and have never found any grounds for complaint. Excellent accommodation.

Review of Barchester Hilderstone Hall on Monday 17 June 2013 by Margaret A (Daughter of resident)

Overall we are very satisfied with my mother's care. She is very well cared for and always treated with dignity and respect by members of staff. If there is a problem; either medically or otherwise it is always acted on quickly. The staff are polite and friendly and always approachable.

Review of Barchester Hilderstone Hall on Monday 17 June 2013 by Carole R (Daughter of resident)

I would very much recommend Hilderstone Hall. It is as much as possible a home from home. The care is excellent and the care and support is there when needed. We as a family have been very pleased with the home.

Review of Barchester Hilderstone Hall on Friday 7 June 2013 by Elizabeth S

Mature staff who genuinely care for the residents ensuring that family atmosphere and personal service.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester Hilderstone Hall

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Barchester Hilderstone Hall and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Deputy Care Home Manager (RN)

£To be Discussed

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Stone , Staffordshire

02 Jul 2014

Stella

Stella Simpkin

Joined: 2010

Description: I am a Registered General Nurse with a District Nursing Diploma. I joined the team in 2010, firstly as a Deputy Manager then General Manager. I have extensive experience of nursing within a community setting. I enjoy hosting the Hilderstone knit and natter sessions, which gives me quality time with the residents and time to share a cuppa with them.

Elaine

Elaine Thompson

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 1998

Description: Elaine joined the team at Hilderstone in 1998 and has gained many qualifications during this time including an NVQ level 4 and a Registered Managers Award. She supports Stella in the day to day management of the home. She enjoys her role as Home Trainer and has specialises in Dementia Care Matters. Elaine also enjoys hosting cake decorating sessions with the assistance of the Activities Team.

Lindsey

Lindsey Withington

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2013

Description: Lindsey joined Barchester in November 2013, and has a background in finance and administration. She works closely with the General Manager, Stella, to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the finance and administration system within the home. Each Friday she invites the residents to join her in Reception for a cup of tea or coffee, a cake and a chat.

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Hilderstone Hall