Pine Meadows Care Home, Leek, Staffordshire

Pine Meadows Care Home is set in pretty landscaped gardens in the market town of Leek. The home is convenient for shops, amenities and public transport.

This purpose built care home provides nursing and social care for older people who are physically frail and older people who have mental health needs such as Alzheimer's disease.

Accommodation at Pine Meadows is provided in single occupancy rooms, the majority of which are en-suite. Some rooms are spacious enough for companions to share.

Pine Meadows has several lounges in which to relax and separate dining rooms, where residents can enjoy the company of others at meal times. Traditional home cooking is served using fresh produce. Daily choices are available and special diets can be catered for.

Regular visits are made to the home by an experienced hair stylist and a qualified Chiropodist.

Residents benefit from a varied programme of activities.

Group: Harbour Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Joanne Bowerbank (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 70 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Pine Meadows Care Home: click here

8.3 Pine Meadows Care Home has a Review Score of 8.3 (8.345)

The Review Score of 8.3 (maximum of 10) for Pine Meadows Care Home is based on 6 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.345 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.574 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 3.771 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• The maximum Review Score for a care home / service is 10 and it is based on the published Reviews in the last 2 years. When a Review is submitted by someone who has previously submitted a Review, only the latest Review will count towards the Review Score.

The Review Score of 8.345 for Pine Meadows Care Home is based on 6 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.574 for Pine Meadows Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (40 Excellents x 5) + (27 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 68 Ratings = 4.574

The Quantity Score of 3.771 for Pine Meadows Care Home is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 6 Positive Reviews = 0.600

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Pine Meadows Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Pine Meadows Care Home

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

6 Reviews is 4.6 out of 5

We were wary at first but I cannot praise the staff enough. Whatever we asked for they accommodated my mum. They are considerate and passionate people, not only did they go above and beyond for mum, they did the same for family members. The home was a very friendly place, the residents were all very friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Pine Meadows Care Home? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Business Development Manager at Pine Meadows Care Home responded to this review on 18 Nov 2016:

Many thanks for taking the trouble to review our care home and services. Your positive feedback will go a long way to reassure those who are searching for a home for their loved one. The experience of others is very useful to families. Thank you again and kind regards.

Following the sudden deterioration of my mother's health, I recently made my second trip from Australia within 6 weeks.

On my return, I was able to visit her in the newly named Tree Tops Court Care Home. For the following 2 weeks, my partner and I visited twice each day.

From the very first visit, straight from Manchester Airport , I was impressed with the staff , all of whom were friendly , helpful and caring.
My first impression was reinforced during all of our subsequent visits

I met with the management to put some necessary details in place, especially important as I am an only son living in Australia, equally that was a very pleasant experience when nothing was too much trouble .

On one of my last visits an official review was being held, with mother being one of the patients interviewed. I commented to the lady doing the survey that, quote, " When I get on the aircraft to go home I will have no concerns whatsoever about the care my mother is receiving here"

How likely would you be to recommend Pine Meadows Care Home? Extremely Likely

Alison Foreman, Business Development Manager at Pine Meadows Care Home responded to this review on 26 Oct 2016:

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to write a review of the care and services at Treetops Court Care Home. Your feedback will be both valuable and reassuring to those who are searching for a care placement. Kind regards

I found the care home clean, bright and newly decorated. The tables were properly set for meals as my husband deteriorated he was moved to the ETI unit - well cared for. The staff were very caring, he was incontinent and was changed regularly and always had clean clothes on.

The attitude to poorly difficult patients was excellent. They did not know I was listening from my husband's room!
There were problems losing glasses, teeth and hearing aid.

How likely would you be to recommend Pine Meadows Care Home? Extremely Likely

Joanne Bowerbank, Home Manager at Pine Meadows Care Home responded to this review on 19 Sep 2016:

I would like to thank you for this review.
We know how difficult it can be for families who have relatives that require EMI nursing care due to the challenges that become apparent. We strive to make a difference to each individuals life during their time with us.

Pine Meadows are undergoing a transition and are under new management. From our first unannounced arrival we were welcomed by helpful staff. We were impressed with the dedication of all of the staff, worked very hard with a great deal of compassion.
The new management are clearly doing a very good job and I would recommend Pine Meadows on the basis of our experience of palliative care.

How likely would you be to recommend Pine Meadows Care Home? Extremely Likely

Joanne Bowerbank, Home Manager at Pine Meadows Care Home responded to this review on 04 Aug 2016:

It was a pleasure to nurse your mum she was a lovely woman. Thank you for the review.

After collapsing in November 2014, I spent a torrid time in hospital and then went to the care home for three months where I was looked after with care, compassion and utmost dignity. The girls and boys were the people who got me better and I visit them regularly and I'm treated as one of the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Pine Meadows Care Home? Extremely Likely

This home is currently at a great standard, 6 months ago I would not have recommended this home at all to friends or family. Since new management has been put into place I feel it is a great place for my father to live and I am very happy with the care he receives. There used to always be a lack of staff but since the staffing situation has been addressed, there is always plenty of staff to deal with anything that needs sorting. My father has come on leaps and bounds in the past couple of months, he lost lots of weight due to not eating and was unable to walk, since the new management has been put into place, he is now walking again with a frame and eating well. The food has improved as well, which is probably why, combined with walking again, that he is back to his usual eating patterns. I am so happy and relieved that things have drastically improved since last summer.

Submit a Review for Pine Meadows Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Pine Meadows Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Pine Meadows Care Home