Rowan Court Care Home, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire

Rowan Court Care Home is located within a residential area of Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, a purpose built 76 bedded property offering Dementia, Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of Life care.

Residents at Rowan Court have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms.

Chefs at Rowan Court pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs.

Group: Avery Healthcare Group

Person in charge: Rachel Simpson (Managers)

Local Authority / Social Services: Staffordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 76 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Asperger Syndrome • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: 65 Yrs & over. Ages 65+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Rowan Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Rowan Court Care Home is based on 21 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.422 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.869 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.553 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.422 for Rowan Court Care Home is based on 21 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.869 for Rowan Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (220 Excellents x 5) + (31 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 252 Ratings = 4.869

The Quantity Score of 4.553 for Rowan Court Care Home is calculated as follows:

The home has an excellent manager who is approachable and supportive. The care given to my mother is of a high standard and the staff are kind and caring. They always appear to be attentive to my mums needs and alert trained staff, if they have concerns about her condition/health the staff always keep me informed of any changes and of basic issues e.g. how well she is eating. The staff are friendly and supportive and the general feeling when you walk in is welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy here and feel very secure.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum moved into Rowan Court after a series of long stays in hospital, having had pneumonia there three times in quick succession. She has settled far better and much quicker than we expected and this is entirely due to the warmth and caring attitude of the staff who are always willing to do everything they can to meet mum's needs. The management team are extremely professional in all they do and keep us fully informed about what is happening with mum. We cannot fault the care mum is receiving at Rowan Court, thank you for all you do and the warm welcome we receive.

1st class care

Following the very sad loss of my dear friend I feel compelled to let you know about the 1st class care she received at the end of her life. I had been desperate for her to be cared for in the DMH but this was not possible. I did not think that a Home could provide the same level of care but I was so wrong. Such a dignified, peaceful end filled with love, compassion and such skilful care. I can not thank the wonderful carers and staff enough.

Fantastic home

I chose this home for mum after much research, 14 visits and hours of scouring the web! I am so pleased I did, it has been worth every minute. The home is clean, welcoming, and the care is very, very good. I can not recommend highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lovely home, super staff.

Just a lovely welcoming home. Always clean and fresh smelling. Fabulous nurses and careers, I visit at various times and the home is always the same. What you see is what you get and this is always excellent care!

How likely would you be to recommend Rowan Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum was only her for short time but she was very well looked after and treated with the utmost dignity and respect in her last days. The staff also looked after the family very well which was appreciated at such a stressful time.

I told the staff what a wonderful job I thought they were doing and they asked me to make a recommendation. I heard about Rowan Court from a friend whose Father had been looked after by them and was very complimentary. I have not been disappointed it really is a lovely place, warm, welcoming and friendly. Competent, caring staff who really get tp know their patients. We had quite a wait for a bed but so worth it.

Rowan Court is always very clean and welcoming. The staff are always cheerful and have barely changed in the year I have been visiting. The nurses know my Aunt very well, they keep me up to date with everything that happens. The visiting G.P is fantastic and inspires great confidence. The family have been very happy with our choice and we would fully recommend this Home to anyone.

My husband has just spent two years in Rowan's Court Nursing section. We as a family, are deeply indebted to the staff for his nursing care, his treatment with kindness and dignity and for making these last two years as comfortable as possible. If he had not settled well in Rowan Court which he came to regard as his home and the staff as his family, we would have been beset with problems and with extra worry. The staff are outstanding and we are truly grateful.

I find that this care home is excellent. The standard of care that my mother is getting is second to none, all of the staff are very friendly and always take time to speak to me when I am there the staff are very professional and seem to know what my mother needs, they take time to see to her own needs I find that they will try to spend as much time as possible with her. The bedroom is very good and I do like the residents general areas as well. The home also has daily activities which the residents can attend if they wish to.

The first time we visited Rowan Court we were made to feel so welcome. It is always clean and there is never that awful smell we noticed in many homes we viewed. We visit every day and are still always made to feel welcome, we really feel that this is Gran's home. The staff are lovely, we see the same people all the time and this is fantastic as we have got to know them and really trust them. Gran is very well cared for, she has gained some weight and looks so much better. She has made friends and despite her many concerns about going into care she is very happy and now calls RowanCourt home.

Rowan Court is a fantastic place, the staff are warm friendly and very caring. The activities for the residents are excellent, the building itself is well maintained up to date and homely. The decor is bright and the cleanliness is second to none. When we found this home for fad we just couldn't believe it. I would recommend the place to anyone, I myself wouldn't mind being a resident there.

We had to move my Uncle from another Care Home. Nothing major but we had a few minor concerns that were dealt with so poorly that we lost all confidence. I don't live locally and have to have faith that Uncle is being looked after well. He has no one else. At Rowan Court I have also raised some very small issues, the response was second to none. I was listened to, never made to feel unreasonable or difficult! The issues were dealt with and I was contacted many times by the staff and given reassurance. Uncle is always clean, comfortable and appears to be contented when I do visit. The staff never know when this will be. I have a great deal of confidence in the staff and management and I do have high standards, I know this and don't expect to ever compromise on this. At Rowan Court I don't have to.

I cannot praise Rowan court and all it's wonderful caring staff enough. Dad was always treated with respect dignity and compassion at all times. The nurses carers and management are always happy smiling and ready to help. The rooms are clean bright and modern, the food is excellent and there are activities each weekday. Dad said "this place is wonderful", If i had to go into care tomorrow I would choose Rowan Court.

Rowan Court is a very welcoming,caring environment standards are very high.

I visit many homes from our church group and just had to say how very welcoming all the staff are when we visit this home. Nothing is ever too much trouble for their clients and I have heard nothing but positive things from the clients and their visitors about the home.

One receives a warm and welcoming greeting on entrance to the home. The nurses and staff are very pleasant and helpful, whilst performing their many duties. Managers will take the time with any problems and issues nothing seems too much trouble. There is a dedication among staff, ensuring residents are treated with dignity and respect. The Staff seem to respond to the residents ever changing needs.

There are weekly activities organised i.e. professional entertainers, animal therapy etc, which is enjoyed by all.

Overall it is a safe, warm, comfortable and welcoming environment.

I feel very lucky that Dad spent the last year of his life at Rowan court. He was admitted for palliative care and received wonderful care from all the staff. The nurses are very experienced and the carers are always smiling and nothing is too much trouble. All the staff are truly wonderful. The rooms are lovely and the environment of the whole home is welcoming, homely and clean. The food is excellent and appetising. Dad was treated with dignity and compassion at all times. I would recommend Rowan Court to anyone.

Mum was admitted for end of life care and was only in the home for a short time. She and I were so well cared for by wonderful staff, such compassion and kindness. Thank you so much it meant so much at a very difficult time.

Purpose built home. Very welcoming. Both Management and staff are very approachable. They know all the resident's likes and dislikes and really care for the individuals, putting tv or radio on, making sure that their personal needs are attended to privately with dignity. I find that my husband has the very best of care from the staff in a very happy environment. I have no hesitation in recommending Rowan Court as first class.

Submit a Review for Rowan Court Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Rowan Court Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Rowan Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Rowan Court Care Home