Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice
Bankwood Care Home, Duffield, Belper, Derbyshire
Bankwood Care Home
Bankwood Care Home

Located within a residential area of Duffield, Derbyshire, Bankwood Care Home is a 40 bedded property offering Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of Life.

At Bankwood Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have outstanding views across the garden and Derwent valley.

Bankwood chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Owner: HC-One Ltd

Person in charge: Izeta Hamza (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Derbyshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 40 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Bankwood Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Bankwood Care Home

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.7 for Bankwood Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Monday 3 March 2014 by Elaine A (Daughter of Resident)

We were very happy with the service at Bankwood. Staff never failed to be friendly, kind and helpful. We spent a lot of time there during our mother's stay of only four weeks and we were always welcomed and comforted (with numerous cups of tea and coffee). We felt secure in the fact our mother would be cared for and she was, with great kindness and compassion. It was the first time she had felt safe in a long time.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Tuesday 25 February 2014 by Claudia Severn (Resident)

My time in Bankwood has been very good. I have no complaints. I have tried some of the services provided i.e. hairdresser, entirely happy . Very satisfactory - she was not ( ) at all. The chiropodist was good too.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Friday 21 February 2014 by Ian Parker (Resident)

Full service with experienced staff. Roomy establishment and accommodates activities.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Friday 21 February 2014 by Norman Roe (Resident)

It would be hard to find a better place, very good. You can do what you like.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Friday 21 February 2014 by Peter Martin (Resident)

Meal portions too big. Some meals have too much seasoning.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Thursday 20 February 2014 by John Hudson (Resident)

The staff are really friendly in the nicest possible way. I have more stuff here than I had at home.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Tuesday 18 February 2014 by Glenda Burns (Wife of Resident)

Overall I am very happy with the standards of care at Bankwood. I think it is one of the best the staff make it so.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Thursday 13 February 2014 by Pamela M (Service user)

I have been attending Bankwood every 8 weeks for 8 years and have been impressed with the care and dedication of the staff to residents. I have recommended the home to others many times and believe it to be one of the best I have visited. A lot of energy is expended by the staff to ensure the resident’s needs are met. I have heard very few complaints from either residents or relatives.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Monday 10 February 2014 by Susan S (Daughter of resident)

My father received end of life care at Bankwood and sadly was only there for two weeks but in that short time he was looked after wonderfully by the staff. The atmosphere was so friendly; visitors were welcomed anytime and never made to feel in the way. I would not hesitate in recommending Bankwood. Izzy the manager and all her staff were amazing. Thanks so much to all of you.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Tuesday 14 January 2014 by Diane R (Daughter of resident)

My mother stayed at Bankwood for end of life care, just 13 days but whilst there she was cared for with the utmost care and respect. The staff were lovely to both my mother and my three sisters. I would recommend Bankwood as an excellent care home.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Wednesday 18 December 2013 by Andrew Oldroyd (Son of resident)

I would have no hesitation in recommending Bankwood to other families.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Tuesday 17 December 2013 by Angela McAleese (daughter of resident)

Even though mum was only at Bankwood for such a short time, having transferred from hospital after suffering a stroke several weeks earlier, she looked more healthy and restful than she had in a long time. We felt we couldn't have chosen a better home for mum. The care, compassion,and dignity that the staff and management showed mum and us was second to none. Thank you all so very much.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Tuesday 26 November 2013 by Lilian Cope (My brother inlaw stayed there.)

I have been taking my sister to visit her husband at the home recently, we both found the staff very helpful and friendly. If we had any questions, they were answered well and sympathetically. The home was clean and well run. My sister and I have had occasion to visit other homes and this one has impressed us very favourably.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Thursday 14 November 2013 by Terry Chisman (Spouse of Resident)

My wife went to Bankwood at the end of her, sadly short (she was 61) life for end of life care. We picked Bankwood because, although the building itself is not purpose built and doesn't give a terrific first impression, the staff are just amazing. It also comes under the Appletree medical practice in Duffield where we have been patients for several years, a practice with which we have always felt happy. We were shown round by Izzie, the manager, and she is really caring. At first I though it might be just salesmanship but it wasn't, Izzie really does care about her residents. That care for those in their charge extends right through the organisation though the nurses, care assistants, kitchen staff, cleaners even to Andy the handyman. The care they showed my wife was exemplary. Towards the end she was needing a lot of the nurse's time but it was never begrudged and I felt included in the decisions about her. Without going into graphic detail, the carers showed the same concern. Even when it turned out that they were wasting their time, again, it was never begrudged. You hear such nightmare tales about these places, but from my observation, Bankwood is a wonderful place. We could not have picked a better place for my wife’s last few weeks.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Friday 3 May 2013 by Pam Sharpe (Daughter of former resident)

My mum always received excellent care at Bankwood. My visits were frequent and at variable times of the day, I was made welcome and I was allowed to bring my dog which pleased mum and other residents.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Thursday 2 May 2013 by Pam Sharpe (daughter of former resident excellent)

Excellent care shown to Mum by everyone throughout her three plus years of residency at bankwood followed by the support they have given me and my family since. First rate.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Friday 26 April 2013 by Nadine Harrington (Daughter of Resident)

I wish those who are looking for, but who are undecided on the choice of Nursing/Residential Care Home, to please look at Bankwood Care Home, in Duffield. My mother came to Bankwood after an operation, and received the most wonderful care. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff involved in her day to day care. Within a few days it was obvious that Mother was very happy and settled, and anyone who visited her, commented on who well and how cared for she looked. When she finally left Bankwood, she was extremely reluctant to go, as the staff had become friends, and she had appreciated also, the time and energy afforded to her every need. The only reason Mother finally left, was because her home for the last 25 years has been in Ripon, in Yorkshire, and by popular demand, her friends wanted her back, and she also knew that is where she belongs. Mother still asks about the Bankwood with huge affection. It was a very happy time for her. I would not hesitate to say, look no further...

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Wednesday 31 October 2012 by Maria (Daughter of Resident)

My Mother became a Resident at Bankwood in February 2012 and it very quickly became her "Home"... Due to ill health Mum was in and out of Hospital quite a lot as a Renal Patient and unfortunately she had many other health issues... Renal failure is a particularly difficult illness as it meant Mum had to spend many hours on a Dialysis machine every other day so recently Staff at Bankwood trained and completed a Home Dialysis course so that Mum didn't have to travel and spend every other day at the hospital in the hope that Mum's quality of life would improve, The care Mum received was second to none and as a Family the kindness we received was also second to none... Mum passed away on 25 October 2012 and the kindness and care Mum received from both the Manager and all her Staff during her stay at Bankwood and in particular on that day is something that will remain with us... Many Thanks "Bankwood Family" you made a very difficult time just that little bit easier both before and after Mum's passing on that day.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Monday 3 September 2012 by Sue B (Daughter of Resident)

My family and I cannot praise Bankwood enough, they make the word 'care' mean something. Not only does my mother get treated with dignity and respect we actually feel part of the home. We are made to feel welcome there and when visiting not only do we look forward to seeing mother but members of the staff who have become our friends. Even when our mother is not well we never feel worried about leaving her as we know that she will be monitored and checked regularly.

Review of Bankwood Care Home on Thursday 16 August 2012 by Janet (Daughter of resident)

I've found the management and staff are kind and caring and very hard working, when I visit my mum there is always a very welcoming atmosphere. My mum is really well looked after here, and I know she is in good hands as the standards are very high. The home is within a beautiful setting with views across the Derwent Valley.

Submit a Recommendation for Bankwood Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Bankwood Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Bankwood Care Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Bankwood Care Home