Bankwood Care Home

Duffield Bank, Duffield, Belper DE56 4BG

Bankwood Care Home, Belper, Derbyshire

Located within a residential area of Duffield, Derbyshire, Bankwood Care Home is a 40 bedded property offering Nursing, Residential, Respite and End of Life.

At Bankwood Care Home Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have outstanding views across the garden and Derwent valley.

Bankwood chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Izeta Hamza (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Derbyshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 40 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Bankwood Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Bankwood Care Home is based on 98 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.729 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.729 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.729 for Bankwood Care Home is based on 98 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.729 for Bankwood Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (866 Excellents x 5) + (250 Goods x 4) + (30 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 1146 Ratings = 4.729

The Quantity Score of 5 for Bankwood Care Home is calculated as follows:

3. (97 Positive Reviews ÷ 40 Registered Beds) x 2 = 4.850 (maximum score = 1)

A very nice place, the staff are all very pleasant and helpful. Could benefit from a larger area in which to park, the security system is good. I feel my sister struggled to settle in at first but I think she is gradually coming to terms with everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are always very friendly when I visit and inform me either in person or by phone whenever there are any changes to my father's health. He continues to be well cared for by all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

All staff are very welcoming to me. Always ask if i'm OK and pleasant to speak to. I have great respect for the nursing team they are very good. My family are very welcome here, my daughter and granddaughter researched care homes and it was decided Bankwood was the best and it has not let us down.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with the care and consideration given to my mother. One example being, a visitor of the resident in the next room to mum's made a point of telling me she had overheard (on a previous visit) a carer in with my mum and how impressed she was with the kindness and patience she was shown. It was lovely to hear as you never know what happens when your're not there.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

When people ask me if I'm happy in a care home, my answer is yes, I have no complaints. I didn't know until I arrived at Bankwood. Two of my friends form childhood lived here, we have rekindled our friendship. This is the next best thing to my own home, but now I have very good care and the staff are my friends. The activities lady is very good, there is never a dull moment, and we are always busy.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent experience from being shown around the home to reserving a bed, care and compassion from the manager after being messed around by the hospital cancelling the bed in error. My mum arrived at the home by ambulance. Everyone was friendly helpful, kind, compassionate and caring it made a stressful day more bearable. The care and compassion was so apparent from the first day and it was so great to know that my mum is well cared for and has settled very quickly. Staff are attentive and there is genuine concern. Each person has their individual meeds met. This is a real home and the people are fantastic thank you. I've could not have chosen a better home for mum as this is the best one with lovely friendly competent people.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister and I feel fortunate to have found Bankwood when it became apparent that our 94 year old mother could no longer cope at home. The manager is excellent and sets very high standards for her staff. In the three months that Mum has been at Bankwood we have found staff (carers, nurses, kitchen staff, housekeeping staff, maintenance staff, activities coordinator) to be warm and caring towards the residents. The atmosphere of the care home is cheerful and fun. It is brightly decorated and doesn't smell! It took Mum a while to settle in as it was such a wrench to leave her own home, but everyone was patient with her and listened to her concerns.

I have just been to my first relatives' meeting, which I enjoyed very much. It was good to talk with other relatives and swap experiences. The meeting was just the right mixture of informal chat and discussion of important topics such as the question of whether CCTV should be installed. We all of us felt confident that the ethos set by the manager, the systems in place, and the eyes and ears of staff, relatives and residents mean that bullying and ill-treatment will not take place at Bankwood.

I tell people that Bankwood is like a little village. Mum has her own cosy room which she enjoys, but she can walk along the corridor (using her frame) to chat with friends in the conservatory, or to eat in the dining room.

I would not hesitate to recommend Bankwood to anyone looking for a really good care home for their relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

One in a million!! Never before have I witnessed care to such high standards, and residents treated with such dignity and devotion. Bankwood offers unrivaled facilities in a beautiful setting, complimented with friendly, helpful, well trained, and devoted staff, who stop at nothing to ensure the comfort and happiness of their residents. It really does bring a lump to my throat to see my Mother looked after so well.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

On visiting my friend in this home. I have observed excellent treatment and management. I am happy to recommend the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Everybody is always very cheerful and attentive, prompt response to any problem. I am always asked to go out on trips.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

During my time here I am making friends, I am happy with that. I like the nurses, they are very patient. I go every week for a massage.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My family are always made welcome when they visit me, they are always well looked after, like myself. I would describe myself as an awkward old beggar, but I'm very happy here. The staff are very friendly, and willing to respond to my every request.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been visiting for at least nine years, during that time I have been treated courteously and feel like a friend. My aunt is extremely well looked after (and she is not easy!).

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

During our visits we see excellent care given to the residents who all appear to be extremely happy. The high standards of cleanliness is good to see. As visitors we always get offered a tea or coffee. The staff are all very professional.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Having started this respite break in one care home, where I felt very isolated to ending up in Bankwood where I feel well looked after, and get on with the staff. There is a choice of activities, I choose whether to attend or night. I have been out to the local pub as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Likely

Staff very professional and show genuine care plenty of activities, good range of food. Always seemed to be plenty of staff who were very jolly. My mum was always well presented and clean. Nurses kept me up to date on a regular basis, staff trusted to be responsible for all my mum's needs, including obtaining clothes, personal care items foot care and hairdressing. Manager is very hands on and gets involved with the residents. It never felt like an institution it was home, my mum's home for 8 1/2 years. Very little change in staff, mum has same named nurse for all her time there.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

As a new visitor to the home I was highly impressed by the warmth, care and comfort given to each resident. Real consideration and time given to their individual needs.
They are a great ambassador for care homes and I felt this home would be the place I would want to spend the final stage of my life, what better recommendation! When we took clothes in for my friends they spent time going through them with her, they suggested special visits into town to buy more. They accompanied her on visits to her home, now on the market. They keep an eye on her diet, they respected her privacy but welcomed her interaction.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother moved to Bankwood a few months ago. She needed more help than her previous residential home could provide. The staff at Bankwood are exceptional! They provide a happy caring environment. Nothing is too much trouble for them. They truly care for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was sent to Bankwood care home with not much hope of surviving long, from the Royal Derby Hospital. I am now at the end of this month returning to my own home, able to walk, eat, drink and have a good standard of life with the care and attention. I have received from the nurses and carers at Bankwood. I feel I have been given a second chance from all the help given at Bankwood. I hope to be able to enjoy my family for a few years more. I can honestly say my time at Bankwood. has been genuinely very enjoyable.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am always very impressed with the detailed care the residents get. This is not just about their health. Food and so on but also clothes, appearance and general well being. Visitors also feel very welcome and almost part of the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Bankwood provided end of life care for my mother. They treated her with kindness and understanding. Although bodily frail, her mind remained clear and alert. The home consulted her on all aspects of her care and respected her wishes. She considered it to be her home.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum came into Bankwood Care Home from the local hospital. She has been in hospital for 16 weeks and her health had deteriorated. She was very frail, underweight/dangerously so and could not transfer without a hoist. From the moment mum was admitted to Bankwood Care Home we as a family felt happy in the knowledge that mum was being looked after and that gave us tremendous peace of mind. All the staff have been amazing. Gently encouraging mum to eat and with time move about to the point where mum is now walking with a stick and has the real prospect of going back to her home - something none of us could have imagined. Thank you Bankwood Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My brother died last week, after living at Bankwood for the last three years. He has been suffering from Parkinson's disease and towards the end needed lots of nursing care. The care he was given was fantastic the staff were thoughtful, very supportive and always treated him with dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Bankwood for over five years and has been treated with unfailing care and respect from her first day and, doubtless, until her last. I would have no hesitation in recommending Bankwood as a care home. From the wonderful manager to the cleaning staff, everyone has treated my mother, and myself as part of the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Likely

My friend has been a resident of Bankwood for the past five years. During that time the care she has received has been excellent. From being treated with dignity and respect, especially around personal care, to ensuring she continually receives appropriate and adequate nutrition and hydration. All Bankwood staff, from carers, managers, domestics, activities, as well as professional each staff member genuinely cares about the health and wellbeing of the residents. The care home is warm, welcoming and clean. I would as a Derbyshire county council adult care assessor and care coordinator have no hesitation in recommending.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

With great thanks to the lady that organised and transported my husband and another resident to the Bridge Inn for lunch. It was a wonderful lunchtime and we met up with a number of good friends, moments that are very precious. Thanks to her and all the other staff at Bankwood who look after my husband.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident for 8 years. Her care has been consistently high from a caring team of staff at all levels.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was a resident here for over 18 months and I had to move him in August as his dementia worsened and he died soon afterwards. We were both upset to leave as he considered this his home and had many friends here, the staff have been like my family over the past months and I will continue to see then as I know that is what he would want and cannot speak highly enough of their care.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would recommend this care home to anyone looking for a home for a loved one. The home is very clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. The home is lovely and warm.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Likely

Good leisure facilities including outings, film shows. Do not argue with staff or try to help with recipes or mode of cooking!

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Likely

My mother has been living at Bankwood now for two years. She has always been cared for and looked after very well. At first she had to adapt and start to feel comfortable in her new home, which with her dementia was a challenge. The staff at Bankwood helped her with genuine care and support. She has for a long time now been happy, feels safe and cared for and despite her difficulties tries to express her comfort. She has started to join in on the many trips in the local area, with the family accompanying her. Her weight is increasing, which was a concern before she started living at Bankwood. Life is so much better for her and for her family thanks to all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

An excellent nursing/care home- well managed despite rather logistically difficult lay out of building. Very well trained staff who treat residents with empathy and dignity- "teamwork" very evident- striking variety of activities in which residents are encouraged to participate. The home reflects a highly organised management and nursing team.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Bankwood are fantastic. The manager is amazing who truly cares about the residents and her staff. She makes the home the success it is.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My recommendation is for one of the male carers at Bankwood he is very caring, very patient, polite and considerate all the people I have spoken to say the same. He never keeps you waiting and he is always very attentive and discreet.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

We have had an excellent day out taken from the care home by coach and taken to Trentham Gardens. Organisation has been excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Today we experienced a well organised and interesting visit to Trentham Gardens. The coach was excellent and coped well with my wife who is confined to her wheelchair. It was comfortable journey and well supported by the caring thoughtful staff without them it would not be possible. Thank you!!

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

lovely day out with my mum she absolutely loved the trip to Trentham Gardens. She drank hot chocolate and sandwiches for dinner which were very nice. The staff were attentive and couldn't have been nicer. A good time was had by all.

Wednesday 29th July 2015 trip to Trentham Gardens. It was very good for my husband to get out and see different surroundings but the weather was poor.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lovely day out at Trentham Gardens in spite of the wind and rain. Well organised and friendly as always.

I had an extremely pleasant day out at Trentham Gardens with some of the residents, staff and relatives. The trip was very well organised and co-ordinated and it was lovely to see everyone enjoy themselves so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very enjoyable and very well organised. A brilliant place to visit with excellent facilities. Very good coach facilities and driver.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Unable to be present at the morning entertainment, the choir, but if it was good as the dancing during the afternoon I regret missing it. All the residents present seemed to enjoy the dancing. I myself had two dances which I enjoyed. Overall a complete success.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Likely

My mother has now been here since 2010 and is now 100 + years old.
I have been visiting on a regular basis and always found the staff with a smile, a word of welcome, very caring and good at what they do. I feel this is the result of having a good leader.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was both happy and proud to be a part of Bankwood - care homes open day. There were many activities in the day, the local school children came to play instruments, we had a buffet lunch, which was excellent, and then a ball room dancing demonstration in the afternoon by professional dancers.

This is the second time Dorothy Harrison has stayed for respite care. The staff have been fantastic towards Dorothy and have been very helpful when I phoned to request things. They have returned my calls , kept me informed as towards Dorothy's welfare. Dorothy has enjoyed the singing, she has eaten well. Dorothy cannot wait to return again. Bankwood is he best nursing home that Dorothy has been in. Thank you for the rest you have given to me and Stewart.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My son is being cared for very well in the home. The manager is always thinking of ways to help ways of making my son comfortable and happy. Nothing is to much trouble. The nurses look after him very well, always checking him. He cannot speak but they always seem to know what are his needs, they are very thorough. Also the carers are good at making sure he is clean and turn him when needed in his bed. Check him every hour as he is epileptic. He goes down to the living room twice a day in his wheelchair, hoisted out of bed as he is only able to be out of bed for 2 hours a day. The home always smells clean and staff very friendly. My husband and I would recommend this home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Continued to exceed expectations.

My Mum has been here since 2011. My very positive experience has recently led to me recommending a new resident.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Visiting my mother is always a positive experience. The atmosphere at Bankwood is always the same - friendly and uplifting. The staff are light hearted yet always caring with the residents/patients.
The decor is bright and cheerful with linen tablecloths, napkins and flowers everywherel This again adds to the pleasant environment. The food is delicious and residents are always saying how good it is. There is often a glass of wine to complement the meal. My friends are so impressed they say they are "booking" their place there!

Staff always very friendly, respectful and approachable.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Likely

"I want to stay" myself for lovely pampering. I love this place. The staff are friendly and very accommodating and the food is delicious.
Would highly recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Bankswood provides a safe environment, giving relations a true peace of mind. The facilities, setting and location are of an extremely good standard.

I think this place is marvellous, I would recommend it to anyone. It is all clean and pleasant. I enjoy the armchair exercises immensely and take part when I can. I use the hairdresser, manicurist and chiropodist, I think and know the nurses are all very kind and helpful, no one could wish for more if they were ill. My meals are cut up ready for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Friendly, helpful, pleasant. The staff seem to genuinely care. They always adopt a friendly and helpful attitude.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Accommodation had to be sound following my hip operation as I live alone. I knew of 2 people who had been residents in Bankwood and had good reports. I was lucky to get a room for my respite care. The staff have been excellent coping with my limitations. I have had help with my walking from Michelle and feel more capable to manage at home. A visit from my own G.P was arranged to check for extra drugs.

I have visited my completely- dependant friend for 4 years.
I have no knowledge of the finer points of her care and have nothing to do with the finances, so can only report on my impressions as a visitor.
The home itself is welcoming - clean and well decorated, with many personal touches. My friend always looks clean and cared for herself, her hair, her clothes, her bedding. The staff are friendly and patient.
The care that my friend receives is far as I can see is gentle an effective.

An experience when visiting - A warm comfortable home staffed by friendly people who seem to care for residents - rooms seem good - food accordingly to friends "Ron" is good. If I had to be in a care home situation I would think "Bankwood" would be ok.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

We have been pleased with the care mum has received over the 6 months she has been in Bankwood. The staff are always welcoming, cheerful and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. Mum is always clean and comfortable and enjoys the food, which is fresh and varied.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My 94 years old mother could no longer look after herself in her own house. She has quickly settle into Bankwood, and the level of care is excellent. The staff are friendly and always helpful, and willing to assist. Mum is very happy, even with her Dementia, is always raising the food, staff and activities programmes.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I promised my husband of 30 years that he would die in his bed, at home. Physically I was unable for that to happen, though I did try for weeks. His subsequent experiences in hospital were dreadful to see and I think he was too sunk in misery to appreciate his good fortune when we found Bankswood, but I appreciated it. The delightful surroundings, the whole ambience of the home, the pleasant almost happy atmosphere and most of all the loving kindness and care coupled with efficient and perfectly organised treatment- all wonderful! I was happier about Derek at last. May I reserve my place in advance please.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident of Bankwood until last June when she sadly died. The staff and management have always been so caring and welcoming that I like to come back as a volunteer form time to time as I like to contribute and give something back. I have made friendships with some of the residents so its nice to see them and join in some of the activities with them.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have visited my good old friend for the past twelve years. Mostly every Friday. I think the staff are excellent very caring and as a past carer I know the job can be very demanding. The activities are very good. My friend can be hard to please, but seems happy when the activities are happening and she can please herself as she is 103 this coming July.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Bankwood care home is excellent value for money and the staff form the manager, cleaners, cooks etc are all extremely efficient and good at what they do. There is never anything that is too much trouble and the staff go to extra length to satisfy. The home is always clean and warm and the staff have a good sense of humour.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have just started to have massages in the village and enjoy going. I enjoy having my hair done by Ellan the hairdresser here, and reflexology and manicures every week by Joy. I enjoy my beauty treatments. Also in the good weather I go to mini shows every Sunday. There is always something happening here, which I like, I like my food choices too very much.

I came to Bankwood with a service user who has now passed away, but the staff are so welcoming. I came back to help the staff with games and activities from time to time.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been living at Bankwood for several years, although his health has deteriorated the care he receives has been and still is very good. The food is excellent (good variety of meals to choose). Michelle and Emma, activities co-ordinators are brilliant, providing lots of things for residents to do and various people coming to entertain. Andy (maintenance) is worth his weight in gold, he can turn his hand to anything. The nurses are really caring and the care assistants are helpful and good at the job. Lastly Issie (the Manager) whenever I have any concerns about Michael she sorts it our and is one of the best in my opinion.

I am very fashion conscious and the girls take great care when dressing me, I like to pick my clothes and scarfs and we have great fun. I join in with the activities and love going out on trips but I don't like the exercise as much as I did when I was younger. I think people would have to go along way to find a home to compete with this one.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been to Bankwood 3 times for respite during the past year, each visit I have been overwhelmed by the welcome I have received. The staff have gone out of their way to say welcome back. The care I receive is very personalised, and I am very much at ease with the staff. My every wish is dealt with. The food is brilliant quality, I'm never hungry. I would recommend Bankwood it is second to none. The maintenance man Andy is very prompt with any issues, such a nice responsible man.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like living here because it is always safe, and that makes me feel secure. This makes my family happy to see me happy. I go out to the pub and garden centre, they are good trips, we go in the homes minibus, the activities lady drives she also takes me to singing for the brain. The staff are always good and cannot be altered in any way, I have been to other homes, this is the best one out - that is true.

Over the last 4 years I have found consistently the home to be welcoming, the staff courteous and helpful.
They are willing to go a long way to please my mother.
I rate it very highly.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am an occasional visitor since 2012 and have been impressed by the standard of care afforded to the resident and by the friendliness of all the staff. The attention given to Mrs Schofield at all times has been first rate and could not be bettered in any way.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are very good, very willing and are very tolerant with dealing with the different levels of illness with residents as some of us are very rude and impatient. I am happy to join in with all physical and mental games.

High Standard of Care

My father was cared for at Bankwood for the last few weeks of his life, we thought that the care he received was of a very high standard. All members of staff were friendly and kind and treated him with respect and dignity. When we visited we were always greeted with smiling faces and made to feel part of the Bankwood family. his room was of a reasonable size and well furnished but it was very dark and the lights needed to be switched on all the time. We felt that this was a compromise well worth making in view of the excellent standard he received. We have no hesitation in recommending this care home highly.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

There is plenty of care and attention. Good choice of food, rooms are clean and the service from the staff is good.

I would recommend it for lots of reasons, it is very pleasant especially in the conservatory, nice scenery about it.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Don't know

Attitude of Staff

What is noticeable about Bankwood is the constant good nature of the staff, however much pressure they are under. They always have a smile and friendly word for all the residents. Likewise they are welcoming to visitors and are always ready to offer help. As with almost all organisations you care to name, this culture is the result of good leadership.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

This is the best care home I have been in and I am grateful to all the staff here for the wonderful care provided for mum. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Bankwood Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very caring, friendly staff.

My mum is well looked after here and it appears that all her needs are well met. She has been a resident for 2 years and is very settled. My father looks after all the financial affairs and as such my relationship/knowledge of the management etc is limited.

My mother has been a resident for nearly five years. The care has been consistently good and always resident centred. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and there is always someone to talk if there are any concerns. As a relative I have found my personal support very good with much empathy. There are regular relatives meetings which are also very helpful and give opportunities to meet other in similar situations.

A very welcoming and caring nursing home. In a delightful location with wonderful views.

Very good. The home is up to standard.

Welcoming & friendly. The staff are excellent, without exception. Resident's are very well cared for which is reassuring for relatives.

I am settling in well, the surroundings of the home are very relaxing and calming, you cannot do better.

My father has been resident here for 7 months and is very happy and settled, lots of friends and activities, beautiful views, very good staff and a real home atmosphere. Food is excellent and dad has put lots of weight on. Highly recommend.

Its very good. You can go out in the minibus.

I recommend this home. Nice and clean and very well looked after.

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff at Bankwood, Duffield for making it possible for my husband to attend our daughter's graduation in Birmingham. My husband had to be up etc, looking very smart, having been fed before 7.30 am and medication sorted. Due to the excellent care he receives, it made this day possible, which we never thought the family would share. Thank you so much.

Welcoming, clean, residents come FIRST.

My husband was looked after with much care and kindness whilst a resident at Bankwood Nursing Home. I would also like to say that as a visitor I was also looked after at a very difficult time with plenty of support, kindness and cups of tea!

Bankwood provided the level of care required, with professional at hand 24/7. My friend has Parkinson's and needs assistance of this nature. Whilst the care home is on three levels, this is not a serious issue as there are two lifts. The quality of care is excellent.

I was very impressed by the care my Aunt received at Bankwood. All the members of staff appeared to be well trained and well managed. My Aunt was treated at all times with care and dignity.

We were only there for an afternoon, but there seemed to be a good atmosphere about the place, the residents appeared well cared for, and the staff were attentive to their needs.We hear from our cousin that she is well satisfied with her accommodation.

Well managed, friendly helpful staff, nice feel on entering, good activities and attractive sitting areas.

I am 100% satisfied with the home. All staff are friendly, helpful and carry out any request eg Michelle takes my mother out in the mini-bus as I asked her to try and take her out. She is the activities co-ordinator. I wanted my mother to attempt walking more and all staff now encourage her to use a Zimmer frame to stand and walk from chair to wheel chair. I also asked them to seat her with people who are more communicative and again this was dealt with immediately. These are small examples of the excellent care.

We arranged a 90th birthday party in the activities room at Bankwood for Claudia, we were given every assistance by the staff but particularly by Michelle, to ensure the event went well, decorating the room, providing crockery, baking a cake, supplying tea and coffee etc. All of us enjoyed it but most importantly, it gave Claudia a great boost. She's always been happy with her care and never had any complaints but this event especially lifted her spirits.

My father spent nearly 4 months in Bankwood following a bad fall that meant he could no longer be cared for at home up to his recent death. During this time, it is impossible to have a bad word for Bankwood. The staff have been excellent, caring, friendly professionals and my father has been well looked after. His illness meant that he was not an easy client, but Izzie and team worked hard to ensure that he and the staff's requirements were met, you can't fault the views across the valley too!

My room is now not just a room but my home now. I am very happy, I would recommend Bankwood.

My mother has been a resident in Bankwood for about 1 1/2 years and both my brother and myself have been very pleased with the standard of care. The staff are very caring and always make me feel welcome when I visit. If something is wrong with my mum they keep me informed and do what they can to put things right again.

Submit a Review for Bankwood Care Home

Recipient: Bankwood Care Home

Date: Friday 04 Apr 2014

February 2014

There are no jobs posted yet for Bankwood Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Bankwood Care Home