The Cedars and Larches Care Home, Ilkeston, Derbyshire

The Cedars & Larches Care Home is an Ilkeston care accommodation for the elderly that also provides a respite care service for local home carers.

A skilled workforce has access to a wide range of industry knowledge and is open to developing industries and technologies can that further the services available to occupants.

Residents enjoy a varied activities programme, special meal nights in which relatives are invited to join in and regular outings and other entertainments.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Nina Wright (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Derbyshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 69 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on The Cedars and Larches Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 7.9 for The Cedars and Larches Care Home is based on 4 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 7.886 is made up of 4.37 Points relating to the ratings and 3.516 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Overall facilities, food, staff etc are satisfactory. With an increase of 10% in my costs is extravagant and not called for!

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars and Larches Care Home? Likely

Value for Money: Poor

Nina Wright, Home Manager at The Cedars and Larches Care Home responded to this review on 09 Feb 2016:

Hello there, thank you for your review of The Cedars and Larches - we appreciate all comments and feedback. In relation to the increase in costs I feel it would be best if we talk in more detail face to face about the reasons behind this. I will be in touch - thank you again.

My wife, as an ex nurse, is cared for in an excellent manner, and myself and my family feel very supported in this care home. I am happy to know my wife is local to where I live.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars and Larches Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I have been at Cedars and Larches care home for about eight months, I feel safe and settled in my new home, the staff seem friendly and I continue my hobbies daily, my craft needlework is very important to me. I enjoy the trained entertainers. We have social events.

My friend and former neighbour, Vic, has been a resident of Cedars for more than 5 years. Staff have always been kind to Vic, as well as cheerful. Their good humour is a valuable tool in taking the worries which beset people who suffer from dementia. I know he appreciates them because he tells me so. That supports my view which has formed after visiting at least weekly and sometimes at a much higher frequency. He also loves the food.

Submit a Review for The Cedars and Larches Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Cedars and Larches Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for The Cedars and Larches Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Cedars and Larches Care Home