The Cedars and Larches Care Home

16 Queens Drive, Ilkeston DE7 5GR

The Cedars and Larches Care Home, Ilkeston, Derbyshire

The Cedars & Larches Care Home is an Ilkeston care accommodation for the elderly that also provides a respite care service for local home carers.

A skilled workforce has access to a wide range of industry knowledge and is open to developing industries and technologies can that further the services available to occupants.

Residents enjoy a varied activities programme, special meal nights in which relatives are invited to join in and regular outings and other entertainments.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Nina Wright (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Derbyshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 69 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on The Cedars and Larches Care Home: click here

9.2 The Cedars and Larches Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.150)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for The Cedars and Larches Care Home is based on 15 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.150 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.715 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.435 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.150 for The Cedars and Larches Care Home is based on 15 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.715 for The Cedars and Larches Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (140 Excellents x 5) + (29 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 179 Ratings = 4.715

The Quantity Score of 4.435 for The Cedars and Larches Care Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Cedars and Larches Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Cedars and Larches Care Home

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

15 Reviews is 4.7 out of 5

My husband moved to The Larches on 7/7/16 after escaping from another home in which he was extremely unhappy and unsettled. Since his move, he has "turned the corner" and looks happier and healthier. The carers are very kind, experienced, pleasant and hard-working.
The nurses are extremely good and communicate with each other. I like the facility of a nurse practitioner. My husband has not yet engaged in many activities but there are many opportunities here for the future.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars and Larches Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very happy with the care and support I get in the care home. Staff are good- activities excellent always something happening i.e Queens birthday, Euro and much more. Home from home.

I have been in The Cedars and Larches for a few months. I have lived locally all my life and like this area. The food is of a high standard. The staff are very friendly. I have family and friends visit me regularly because they live locally. I like to have choices with my daily activities and I am given choices.

My friend has been a resident at the Cedars and Larches for just over a year. During this period of time I have always found him to be clean, tidy and well looked after. He, himself says he is happy here and is treated with dignity and kindness.

My friend has been in The Cedars and Larches Care Home for about 6 years, we have been school friends and known each other for 75 years. I visit about 4 times per week. My friend is vegetarian and her choice of meals are good. She enjoys the garden in the summer, she is comfortable, clean and well cared for in my opinion.
My friend likes to see the activities in the lounge even though she may not be able to join in always, she likes sensory activities - her needs are met.

With the food on soft diet its good. Activities, I'm always asked to join in but I like to be in my room with my home comforts. But very happy with everything in the care home

I have been a regular weekly visitor since June 2015. The staff are helpful and friendly. I have a family member in The Cedars and she loves it. Well done.

I have liked living at the Cedars and Larches for about six months. I have got a beautiful warm room and a ground floor room with double windows. I like to sit in the gardens with the cats the come to sit in the gardens. I have a daily paper, use the hairdressing service available and enjoy the sing-a-longs. Excellent staff, I feel comfy with my preference of a female carer and my likes and dislikes being taken into consideration. Meal times are very nice and I like my puddings and a little glass of wine with my meals.

I have lived here about two months. I like it at The Cedars and Larches. I am looking forward to having my hair done today. I enjoy the food. The staff are friendly and I feel safe in the home. I like the games and TV programmes.

The standard of care - Exceptional. Activities - Exceptional something happening for the residents most days. Today Valentines Day Party with singer and a raffle. My mother was able to sing along and sway. Christmas, Halloween you name it there is a celebration. Relatives always invited. The activities ladies work so hard and always happy to do so. Meals, sitting at tables (which my mother is used to) always a good menu. My mother was having her hair permed by the resident hairdresser when I left. Her every wish looked at.

Since my neighbour was admitted to The Cedars in 2008, I have witnessed that he has always been treated with kindness and good humour. As he subsides into dementia he is sometimes still able to respond to a joke and the staff give every impression of regarding him as a friend in need. If that is merely and act they should audition for the Royal Shakespeare Society. I regard them as wonderfully genuine people. My neighbour still loves food and is always full of praise for that and the people who care for him.

I have liked the above care home for about three years. My room is comfy and warm, I feel safe and well looked after. Food is nice, I am given a choice of meal times. I use the homes hairdressing service. I have a daily news paper delivered. I like being looked after by regular staff, this makes me feel comfortable. The homes gardens are nice to sit out in during the summer months, and local shops are a short walk away. I enjoy games and group activities.

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars and Larches Care Home? Likely

Overall facilities, food, staff etc are satisfactory. With an increase of 10% in my costs is extravagant and not called for!

How likely would you be to recommend The Cedars and Larches Care Home? Likely

Value for Money: Poor

Nina Wright, Home Manager at The Cedars and Larches Care Home responded to this review on 09 Feb 2016:

Hello there, thank you for your review of The Cedars and Larches - we appreciate all comments and feedback. In relation to the increase in costs I feel it would be best if we talk in more detail face to face about the reasons behind this. I will be in touch - thank you again.

My wife, as an ex nurse, is cared for in an excellent manner, and myself and my family feel very supported in this care home. I am happy to know my wife is local to where I live.

I have been at Cedars and Larches care home for about eight months, I feel safe and settled in my new home, the staff seem friendly and I continue my hobbies daily, my craft needlework is very important to me. I enjoy the trained entertainers. We have social events.

Submit a Review for The Cedars and Larches Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Cedars and Larches Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Cedars and Larches Care Home