Morton Grange, Morton, Alfreton, Derbyshire
Morton Grange
Morton Grange

Morton Grange provides Nursing, Residential, Day and Domiciliary Care • Recipients of "Derbyshire Dignity Champion" Bronze Award - November 2011. • Over 25 years experience in care provision offering a service you can trust. • Recipients of two national and two regional best care home awards in 2009/10. • Awarded 3 stars by CSCI in August 2008. • Award winning staff – awarded best carer accolades on 6 occasions. • A dedicated, well trained and accountable team. • Designated nurses-in-charge running each home on every shift. • 7 day a week supernumerary matron/management presence. • A real choice of living environment - Three homes on one site. • “Friends of Morton Grange” ensure a full programme of regular activities, entertainment, trips and events. • Great facilities and specialist equipment - Fully licensed bar, own minibus, hairdressing salon, all profile beds, parker baths, specialist medical equipment. • Visitors welcome at any time.

Owner: Inverhome Ltd

Person in charge: Shancimol Mathew (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Derbyshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 66 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Morton Grange: click here

Date: Saturday 01 Jan 2000

June 1996

Investor In People

Date: Saturday 01 Jun 1996

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.7 for Morton Grange) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Morton Grange on Monday 18 August 2014 by Jill Godkin (Friend)

Genuine care of the patients. Very welcoming. Attention to organising activities each day to stimulate the mind and well being. Trips to various beautiful locations and shopping and trips out for breakfast at McDonalds and local pub. June and the manager join in and make the whole experience better to cope with for the residents. All in all 10/10.

Review of Morton Grange on Monday 18 August 2014 by Alice Curwen (Relative of resident)

At a very low ebb we found Morton Grange and from that point we felt that we had found the right place for Peter. We have found everyone very understanding, supportive and caring. Our lives will never be the same but we are able to share the present and enjoy the moment. Peter is very well cared for and 'loved'.

Review of Morton Grange on Wednesday 13 August 2014 by Marion Hill (Mother of Resident)

I call most days to see my son. In his way he is happy and well looked after. The staff are all pleasant and helpful kind and willing. I have no complaints. Included in outings and he has just had treatment for teeth problems evrything went well. Thank you all.

Review of Morton Grange on Monday 11 August 2014 by Marlene W (Daughter of service user)

My mother has been attending day care two days a week for about three months; she has had two spells of overnight stays of 4-5 days. The care she receives is first class and although it is early days we feel the Grange and its facilities and staff are to a very high standard and we feel confident leaving her in their care.

Review of Morton Grange on Monday 11 August 2014 by David H (Son of Resident)

very clean, very attentive to their residents. The bedrooms are large.

Review of Morton Grange on Wednesday 6 August 2014 by Christine Pinney (Daughter of Care Home Resident)

My mother, Ivy Clay, was a resident at Morton Grange for some years. She moved there from another care home in the Derbyshire area where her treatment and care had been basic and without warmth or dignity. It is a difficult experience finding a suitable home for a parent or relative. I chose to visit homes unannounced. Some had a stale odour, disinfectant odour or worse. Some residents looked 'blank'. I failed to notice this with Morton Grange. As you enter Morton Grange there is a feeling of welcome, happiness and a sense of well-being. I was immediately greeted with a smile and invited to visit the home and see where my mother would live, if one of the residents didn't mind, I was allowed to see a bedroom but I noticed the resident was kindly asked first. I was shown the living area and dining room and all other areas used for all the residents and introduced to the staff who were at the time attending the residents. My mothers area had more of a 'family' feeling, all the staff knew all the residents by name and seemed to enjoy being with them, smiling and interacting. Every resident was clean and tidy looking, and seemed content. I was lucky that there was a room available for my mother who spent the rest of her life in comfort and dignity. Something I found so very special was the fact that when I phoned which was at varying times, I was immediately told of her medical condition, which room she was in and what she had eaten. This pointed out to me that all the staff were truly aware of each resident. I live abroad and knowing my mother was in the very best place with the kindest of staff caring for her was essential for me. I visited each year but never announced when I would arrive. Each time was the same. Perfect. Happiness and total care. I will never forget any of the staff and all their kindness and will always be grateful. Chris Pinney.

Review of Morton Grange on Thursday 17 July 2014 by Richard Allen (Son of resident)

Consistently good care and attention for my mother who has now been a resident in the home for approx 5 1/2 years. Although mum has deteriorated with her Alzheimer's, I am convinced the progress has been slower partly due to her being treated well. She laughs and sings still (although no-one knows the tune or words). The staff are warm and friendly to all the family - mum of course in particular.

Review of Morton Grange on Thursday 17 July 2014 by Leslie Lemon (Husband of Resident)

The home takes great pride in providing a comprehensive, respectful and dignified service to residents and relatives. A high and professional level of caring is provided over and above mere spasmodic attention. Every effort is made to stimulate those staying in the home by both internal and external means. The staff are all attentive and courteous, always ready to help.

Review of Morton Grange on Thursday 17 July 2014 by Sue B (Daughter of Resident)

The final word must go to mum herself who, despite her many health difficulties and the challenges they presented for her, one day said to me I am so lucky to be here. She couldn't have been better cared for if she had been a relative of the staff themselves. We will be forever grateful.

Review of Morton Grange on Monday 14 July 2014 by Brenda Illsley (Friend of resident)

Morton Grange is set in lovely open countryside, providing a peaceful and calming atmosphere. The staff are very kind and caring and everyone is very friendly. The home is very clean and welcoming. Numerous and varied outings are arranged for the residents, as well as a variety of social events for residents, relations and friends. I would highly recommend Morton Grange as being a home providing excellent care.

Review of Morton Grange on Monday 7 July 2014 by Lynne Fairweather (Mum in the care home.)

I have never known a more caring and well run nursing home. I had bad experiences of nursing homes when my Farther was alive (as he had vascular dementia). Then I found Morton Grange, here he was treated like a king, and therefore giving my Mother an insight to the home. When she became unable to look after herself she asked to go to Morton. Luckily they had a vacancy and since being with them she has come on in leaps and bounds. It is such a pity that Social Services are clouding this with there "POLITICS" pity they don't think of people instead of money all the time. People have enough to sort out without Social Services being a pain in the ??????? Morton Grange always put the people first and for this I thank them and appreciate them very much.

Review of Morton Grange on Tuesday 27 May 2014 by Maria Smith (Resident)

I very much enjoy the activities and entertainment at the home. I would obviously like to be at my own home but because I need to be cared for I enjoy living here.

Review of Morton Grange on Friday 23 May 2014 by Michael Curwen (Brother of Resident)

Dreading visit but came away knowing Peter is being cared for and was safe. Fantastic atmosphere.

Review of Morton Grange on Friday 23 May 2014 by Albert Edwin Dooley (Husband of resident)

My wife was in another care home so I am writing of my experiences. The first care home she only went outside 3 times in 4 years. Since moving to Morton Grange in the first year has been out at least a dozen times. Should she need to go to the toilet or have cream on her arms (due to a skin complaint) her request is quickly dealt with. I am confident and I have good thoughts and pleasure knowing she is being well looked after. I could not find a better place in the whole of the UK.

Review of Morton Grange on Friday 23 May 2014 by Alice Curwen (Wife of resident)

At such a difficult time in ones lives we (as a family) are relieved to have the right place for Peter. It will never be home but we can feel assured of care and support for us all.

Review of Morton Grange on Wednesday 21 May 2014 by Brian C (Husband of resident)

Morton Grange is a well run care home from the top down. It has well trained dedicated care staff who know the residents needs. It has always had a good reputation and strives to keep it that way, My wife has always been happy there from day one. I visit on a regular basis and am always mad welcome with a friendly word and smile.

Review of Morton Grange on Thursday 27 March 2014 by Richard A (Son of Resident)

My mum has been a resident at the home for several years. Over that time she has been extremely well cared for as her Alzheimers has become totally debilitating. I would go as far as saying she has been loved well as cared for and, even though the staff have occasionally changed, this culture remains as strong as ever. The staff always treat us well, too, on our visits to see Mum. It is reassuring to know that she is in safe hands.

Review of Morton Grange on Monday 10 March 2014 by Vera K (Sister in Law to Resident)

My Sister in Law has been a resident in Morton Grange for over 6 years. She is now 97. Although I live 70 miles away I visit her every 6 weeks for 4 days staying with relatives whilst there. I have every admiration for all the staff, nursing, carers, caterers, cleaners etc. Also entertainment, trips out, there are facilities for card and board games etc, television, also quiet for reading. If I ever have to go into a care home, I hope it will be Morton Grange.

Review of Morton Grange on Thursday 20 February 2014 by Jack Crawford (Relative of two residents)

At Morton Grange, love and respect abound and these, above all, are the things that are important when caring for the elderly. Other residential homes may appear more luxurious or more clinical, but only the very best can hope to match the genuine care we have experienced here.

Review of Morton Grange on Monday 17 February 2014 by Robert & Maureen Thompson (Family of past residents)

We feel Morton Grange is a special place. At the same time we had three of our relatives living at Morton Grange. Sadly they have all passed away but we will always be grateful to the care and love shown to them and to us their family. We fully recommend Morton Grange.

Review of Morton Grange on Friday 14 February 2014 by Christine Maris (Daughter of Previous Resident)

My mother was in this home for several years and died there. At all times the care was excellent but more importantly the affection shown by all the staff was so lovely. Although suffering from alzeimers she was always happy and contented, even telling me so in one lucid moment. At the end of her life they cared for her until the end and did not make us send her to hospital. I will forever be grateful to all at Morton Grange.

Review of Morton Grange on Thursday 13 February 2014 by Sue Kelsall (Daughter of ex-resident)

Residents treated with respect and dignity within a friendly, well-managed nursing home. Would not hesitate in recommending this nursing home, as standards are high.

Review of Morton Grange on Saturday 8 February 2014 by Margaret Jay (Relative of resident)

Morton Grange was home for my mother for the last four and a half years of her life. I cannot speak highly enough of the care she received. She was treated with love, compassion and dignity. I had peace of mind knowing she was safe, secure and happy.

Review of Morton Grange on Tuesday 4 February 2014 by Julia Bradley (Daughter of Care Home Residnt)

I cannot speak more highly of the care and love my mum receives at Morton Grange. The home is well run and has pleasant staff who are always helpful. It is very clean and tidy but most of all it is a home for the residents.

Review of Morton Grange on Tuesday 28 January 2014 by Albert Edwin Dooley (Husband of resident)

Everyone concerned with the running of the home is polite, clean, and treat all with dignity. For the first time in four years I went to visit my daughter and family in Canada for three weeks knowing my wife (of 62 years) was in a place where she would be looked after and cared for. The owner gave up her Christmas day at home to be with her flock and she even helped to feed those who had eating difficulties, that is devotion to duty.

Review of Morton Grange on Thursday 19 December 2013 by Helen Mallender (Resident's family)

My mother in law was a resident for over 5 years and never once in that time was she treated with anything less that the utmost respect. The staff were always so kind and caring no matter what challenges they faced, and her dignity was always maintained. She was always clean and well dressed, and was encouraged by staff to have her hair done by the visiting hairdresser. The rooms were well furnished and residents could also take their own possessions. The hygiene of the building was of a very high standard and the staff were always very clean and smart. The food was cooked on the premises and was always fresh and appetising. Any medical needs of the residents are dealt with very professionally. The residents are made to feel part of the 'family'. There is always a full programme of entertainment to which residents and guests are always welcome. Family and guests were also made to feel very welcome and encouraged to visit whenever they wanted. I would highly recommend this Care Home especially if your relative has dementia or specialist needs.

Review of Morton Grange on Saturday 30 November 2013 by S Newton (Daughter of resident)

Sadly mum passed away in September aged 93. Whilst mum was at Morton Grange the staff were very caring, warm and patient with her and they did their best to lift her spirits.They showed such kindness and always had a smile and a friendly face when they fed her at meal times. The meals were very good. Although mum spent her time in her room through ill health and by choice there were plenty of trips out and entertainment for residents if they wished. It was always easy to speak to the nurse on duty and/or carer about mum. The home appears very well run and the staff ratio seems higher than where mum was before.

Review of Morton Grange on Monday 14 October 2013 by Angie Scott (Daughter of Resident)

In the search for a care home for my mother Morton Grange stood out from the beginning. The staff have always been very kind and caring and, without fail, treat the residents with patience, dignity and respect. The food is excellent and the range of activities impressive which ticks two very important boxes in terms of quality of care. The staff keep me very well informed and I am content in the knowledge that my mother is safe, happy and being extremely well cared for.

Review of Morton Grange on Monday 14 October 2013 by Chris Scott (Relative of resident)

My father sadly passed away in April of this year aged 95. He spent his last six weeks under the loving care of all of the staff from Morton Grange. Whilst his stay was short, he settled in from his home in the North East very easily and was often smiling and laughing with the staff. He loved the food and participated in a few activities. As he came to the end of his life the staff were loving and supportive to him, and they helped me a great deal. My Mother in law has been in Morton Grange now for just over 2 years and she thrives on the love and care that she gets every single day.

Review of Morton Grange on Saturday 3 November 2012 by Mrs S Berry (Daughter of Resident)

To thank the staff, who looked after my mother. She was in the late stages of Alzheimer’s when we moved her to Morton. The carers were great nothing fazed them, they were patient, caring and gave Mum love. It helped us knowing she was being looked after so well.

Review of Morton Grange on Sunday 23 September 2012 by Tony Munroe (Son of Day Care User)

A big thank you to all the staff at Morton Grange for the care and dedication shown to my mother who, sadly, passed away in April this year. From the outset my wife and I were impressed with the high standards of professionalism, cleanliness of the home, and of the person - centered approach demonstrated by all employees. What is equally remarkable is the way in which the staff positively and creatively engage with residents and thus our experience is that the atmosphere of the home is always warm and friendly. It was for these reasons that we were keen for my mother to be offered a place at Morton Grange. It remains our opinion that the quality of the nursing care provided surpasses that which is provided for in other care homes within the Derbyshire area. My mother had been diagnosed with a number of health care needs and throughout the years with Morton Grange, those needs had been carefully monitored, in line with recommendations from health care professionals and expectations from family members. The Manager and Owner of Morton Grange were always on standby to deal with any queries or concerns which may have arisen. The accommodation itself is spacious, tastefully decorated and comprises substantial outdoor space within it's boundaries. My mother was a valued and respected member who benefited from the services offered at Morton Grange. I, therefore, have no hesitation in recommending this home to others. Many thanks again to all the staff for their excellent work.

Submit a Recommendation for Morton Grange

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Morton Grange and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Morton Grange

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Morton Grange