Morton Grange, Alfreton, Derbyshire

Morton Grange provides Nursing, Residential, Day and Domiciliary Care • Recipients of "Derbyshire Dignity Champion" Bronze Award - November 2011. • Over 25 years experience in care provision offering a service you can trust. • Recipients of two national and two regional best care home awards in 2009/10. • Awarded 3 stars by CSCI in August 2008. • Award winning staff – awarded best carer accolades on 6 occasions. • A dedicated, well trained and accountable team. • Designated nurses-in-charge running each home on every shift. • 7 day a week supernumerary matron/management presence. • A real choice of living environment - Three homes on one site. • “Friends of Morton Grange” ensure a full programme of regular activities, entertainment, trips and events. • Great facilities and specialist equipment - Fully licensed bar, own minibus, hairdressing salon, all profile beds, parker baths, specialist medical equipment. • Visitors welcome at any time.

Owner: Inverhome Ltd

Person in charge: Shancimol Mathew (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Derbyshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 66 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Morton Grange: click here

The user Review Score of 9.9 for Morton Grange is based on 51 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.861 is made up of 4.861 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Looked around a few homes for mother before deciding on Morton Grange, and all of the family members have been so impressed with the decision we made on behalf of mum.
The care and kindness we have experienced for mum and ourselves has been overwhelming, and I would have no hesitation in recommending the home for any family member looking for a place for a relative.
Kindness and care starts from the very top with the owners direct involvement visiting and sitting with residents and family, offering encouragement and always concerned about maintaining high standards. This standard of care is followed up by the Manageress who ensures high standards are the key factor of the care delivered to residents.
During our daily visits we have met nurses, carers and cooks and it is impressive to see not only their commitment to care, but to see them smiling and happy in the job they are performing.

How likely would you be to recommend Morton Grange? Extremely LIKELY

My husband has been a resident for 18 months. We have been highly satisfied with the cheerful, friendly atmosphere. There is an open door policy which is reassuring for all the families. A lot of time and thought goes into providing a range of activities both in house and on trips. The management team is always accessible and any concerns are addressed. The newsletter is looked forward to as it keeps us up to date with what has happened and what is done. Morton Grange has created a family atmosphere which goes along way to keep the residents and their families happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Morton Grange? Extremely LIKELY

My mother was a resident for some months till her death, and the care she had was of the highest standard. My mum had been a frequent visitor to Morton and when she had her stroke this home was her choice. When she came to functions here she always said how happy the residents looked. When visiting mum we were always made welcome by the staff and the nursing staff or Shanci were always willing to answer any questions we had on mums health or care. Morton Grange made my mums last months as happy as they could for her,and her family knew she was well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Morton Grange? Likely

I have found Morton Grange care home to be exceptional at every level in the care they provide to residents. The staff are wonderful with my sister and with all of the family. The more we visit Morton Grange the more impressed we become, We are so grateful that our sister is in such a wonderful, caring residential home.

An excellent care home which goes beyond all my expectations. Residents are always treated with kindness and respect, their dignity and dress is always to the highest order of choice and cleanliness. Food is of the highest quality and prepared/presented. These qualities are also applied to family and other friends/visitors who are made to feel very welcome by all staff who do this as well a care for the residents. On a personal level I can say that whenever I go there it feels like going home.

My father has Alzheimer's disease and was admitted as a resident 9 months ago. The care he receives at Morton Grange is excellent. He is treated with dignity and is genuinely loved by the staff and management. Morton offers a very wide range of social activities and encourages participation by family members allowing families to spend time together and to continue to share experiences that may not otherwise have been possible. I can not bear to think of him in any other care home.

I have been a resident here for seven years and during that time I have made lots of friends. The staff are very caring and look after me very well. We have lots of trips and entertainment. I would recommend this home to all my friends.

My mother died 16th March 2012. She was a resident for 2 years. The care shown during her stay and at the end of her life was excellent. My mother in law is a resident and my father from October this year. All residents are shown love and made to feel part of the home. The team are fantastic and always keep me informed re my father.

We live a distance away from Morton Grange but every time we visit our sister-in-law we are always impressed by the warm welcome we receive, the friendly care staff and general running of the home. I worked in a nursing/residential home myself for 18 years and recognise a caring well run home. We are grateful and have peace of mind that my sister-in-law has such good care.

I cannot praise too highly the care and kindness my sister receives at Morton Grange. The staff are amazing, nothing is too much trouble for them and are happy in their work. I am just so glad and happy that my sister is cared for in such a wonderful place.

I have been a resident at Morton Grange since 2005. I have been treated with the utmost respect, my needs have been catered for very well. The staff are kind, caring and very good to me. The activities are excellent. I have been on many trips all over the country. I have also been on holiday several times. I would highly recommend this home and would not want to live anywhere else.

I had one week respite care at Morton Grange. I will never hesitate to come back here. Lots of people are prejudiced about care homes. I will recommend this home to everybody I know. Staff are very good, kind and caring. I met some lovely ladies. The management have been very good to me and talked to me everyday. I will come again.

Very clean, good food and plenty of it, warm, homely, a family feeling, and very caring and considerate.

I have never known a more caring, giving and never too much trouble attitude in a care home (had bad experiences with my Dad in horrible care homes). I would recommend Morton Grange to the hills and back. Nothing is ever too much trouble for the residents and also the people attached to the residents they will go out of their way to help you. The residents are always happy, clean and well looked after. They have ample activities for the residents and it is just like walking into an extended family.

How likely would you be to recommend Morton Grange? Extremely LIKELY

My mother-in-law is very happy at Morton Grange after a very difficult time in her own home and losing her husband, she is now relaxed and very well cared for. The care is excellent and the social life is brilliant. Residents are well entertained and have many things to look forward to.

The management are energetic and enthusiastic which certainly has a very positive effect on the residents.
The staff are also focused on making residents and their families very welcome.
There are plenty of activities to keep the residents as active physically and mentally as possible.
The atmosphere is very positive with lots of interaction by the staff with the residents.
A lot of effort is made by the managers and staff to get to know the residents history and background to allow them to befriend the residents as much as possible.
A team that genuinely Care and it makes a big difference.

How likely would you be to recommend Morton Grange? Extremely LIKELY

The staff at Morton Grange are very caring and kind to all residents. It is hard to place a relative in the care of others but I would have no hesitation in recommending Morton Grange to anyone. They regularly have nights where entertainment is provided and relatives are encouraged to attend.

My husband went to Morton Grange in July, following 3 months in hospital very ill having amputation of leg, dementia, diabetes and many medical problems. I have found that all medical and nursing care is excellent. Social activities are outstanding. All staff and management are caring and supportive both to my husband and myself. Plus lovely home made food. This is an excellent place, home from home.

My thoughts about Morton Grange speaks for itself on the marks I give it in the tick box. I have yet to find a complaint about anything here at Morton Grange. The carers and nursing to me are out of this world, cheerful, knowing exactly what to do, putting the residents first at all times. I am writing from experience as my wife was at a previous care home, which I thought was the norm, but since being here I found that was far from the truth.

Dad has been in Morton Grange for just over 4 months. With the staff and routine they have, with the compassion and care it's as though he's been there forever! All staff of every level from owner to cleaners all have the time and patience for residents and relatives. Always made to feel home from home. Would highly recommend on what we have experienced.

care at its best

My mother in law was only in Morton for a few months but the care she had was the very best. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and she ended her days comfortable and content. Before she became a resident she visited Morton to attend functions and always enjoyed them, she got to know the owner and matron so when she had a stroke this was her choice as she had seen first hand how well residents were cared for.

Good care home

Really lovely carers, good facilities, very caring place with very good nursing staff. They succeed in the rehabilitation of the patients, as well as having a very good backup of doctors. Always a welcoming environment with the staff suiting most of the needs requested.

Excellent

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Friendly staff, always willing to chat. Food looks lovely and snacks served mid afternoon. Rooms regularly cleaned and at a comfortable temperature. Would recommend!

Great people who care

My father in law has been resident in Morton Grange for sometime now. Facilities are great and the team there really care and do a great job looking after him. We visit him regularly and he is always clean, fed and cared for, which is a great reassurance in difficult circumstances.

Life enhancing care

Totally committed care to the emotional, psychological, medical and personal care of the residents. The staff are always cheerful and offer an extremely warm welcome to all visitors. The people here are doing marvellous work. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Morton Grange? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has received the best possible care at Morton Grange since going there approximately 18 months ago. She has been treated with dignity, the staff are very caring have considerable patience and make it a place where we know mum is being properly cared for. I would not hesitate in recommending Morton Grange to anyone unsure about a care facility for a relative.

Mother is 85 years old and has Alzheimers which has steadily progressed. She is cared for at home by myself and my father who is 89 and cannot cope with everything on his own. Mother has a very short memory and gets easily confused, but can walk and uses a zimmer. She attends Morton Grange 4 days a week and enjoys the company, friendly staff and activities which include some day trips out in their mini bus. The country setting and views offer an uplifting outlook. The staff are all aware of her needs and update me on her progress. I am fully confident in Morton Grange and she always returns home in a good mood.

My mother has been in Morton Grange for 12 months after suffering a stroke. This stroke took away her ability to swallow and her speech was badly affected, this means everything has to be done for her. The staff are brilliant. Mom is very well cared for and looks lovely whenever I go to visit. I can't praise the staff enough. I always get a friendly greeting when I go and when I phone they are very kind and helpful. Marks out of 10 = 11!

Morton Grange cared for my Mother for many years and she was always very happy and content. Both the home and it's staff and management are excellent. I will never be able to thank them enough.

Morton Grange cared for my mother for many years and she was always very happy and content there. Both the home and it's staff and management are excellent. I can never thank them enough for all the love and care they gave her. She suffered from Alzheimer's and was always treated with love and tenderness.

Fantastic levels of care

I heartily recommend Morton Grange. My mum has been there for 18 months now and the level of care and attention has been excellent. Plenty of activities to keep her occupied and the food is second-to-none.

Dignity, kindness and respect

My father was only in Morton Grange for a very short time but while he was there was treated with the utmost dignity, care and respect. He had a very comfortable room, close to the nurse's station and developed a very warm relationship with all the staff. He had nursing needs and these were met at Morton Grange with great professionalism. Also, when any members of Dad's family visited we were all treated with kindliness and understanding. The staff went to very great lengths to make us feel comfortable as visitors. Although Dad wasn't always able to take advantage of the entertainment, other residents could benefit from a wide variety of activities. We appreciated the peace and quiet of the location and we were most grateful that Morton Grange were able to find a place for Dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Morton Grange? Extremely LIKELY

Wholeheartedly recommend this home. Care was lavished lovingly and caringly and patiently over the three years that my mother resided there. On the day that she died people from across the department of the home visited her to say goodbye, even from the kitchens and the laundry. Care could not have been better!

Looking after Mum and Dad

All at Morton Grange give more than I ever expected when it comes to looking after my parents who suffer from Dementia.
Right up to Dad's death the love and care shown to them both has been tremendous

Care of the Highest Order

Dad stayed at Morton Grange for over five years and mum is still there :) Sadly dad passed away this week and I feel it is important that the home is recognised for the great love and care they showed to Dad throughout his stay. We never once had cause to question their care and were always deeply impressed by every member of staff who unfailingly treated him with the greatest dignity and respect. We cannot thank them enough and will always be in their debt.

How likely would you be to recommend Morton Grange? Extremely LIKELY

Morton Grange has friendly, well trained, respectful staff who genuinely care about the residents. Everybody is treated as an individual and any particular needs are recognised and catered for. Visitors are welcomed at any time of day and it has sufficient parking. The resident’s rooms can be personalised with reminders of home and all of the home is kept very clean. The food is varied and appetising and meal times are well organised. I would highly recommend Morton Grange.

Genuine care of the patients. Very welcoming. Attention to organising activities each day to stimulate the mind and well being. Trips to various beautiful locations and shopping and trips out for breakfast at McDonalds and local pub. June and the manager join in and make the whole experience better to cope with for the residents. All in all 10/10.

I call most days to see my son. In his way he is happy and well looked after. The staff are all pleasant and helpful kind and willing. I have no complaints. Included in outings and he has just had treatment for teeth problems evrything went well. Thank you all.

My mother has been attending day care two days a week for about three months; she has had two spells of overnight stays of 4-5 days. The care she receives is first class and although it is early days we feel the Grange and its facilities and staff are to a very high standard and we feel confident leaving her in their care.

My mother, Ivy Clay, was a resident at Morton Grange for some years.

She moved there from another care home in the Derbyshire area where her treatment and care had been basic and without warmth or dignity.

It is a difficult experience finding a suitable home for a parent or relative. I chose to visit homes unannounced. Some had a stale odour, disinfectant odour or worse. Some residents looked 'blank'. I failed to notice this with Morton Grange.

As you enter Morton Grange there is a feeling of welcome, happiness and a sense of well-being.
I was immediately greeted with a smile and invited to visit the home and see where my mother would live, if one of the residents didn't mind, I was allowed to see a bedroom but I noticed the resident was kindly asked first. I was shown the living area and dining room and all other areas used for all the residents and introduced to the staff who were at the time attending the residents. My mothers area had more of a 'family' feeling, all the staff knew all the residents by name and seemed to enjoy being with them, smiling and interacting.
Every resident was clean and tidy looking, and seemed content.

I was lucky that there was a room available for my mother who spent the rest of her life in comfort and dignity.

Something I found so very special was the fact that when I phoned which was at varying times, I was immediately told of her medical condition, which room she was in and what she had eaten. This pointed out to me that all the staff were truly aware of each resident.

I live abroad and knowing my mother was in the very best place with the kindest of staff caring for her was essential for me.

I visited each year but never announced when I would arrive. Each time was the same. Perfect. Happiness and total care.

I will never forget any of the staff and all their kindness and will always be grateful. Chris Pinney.

Consistently good care and attention for my mother who has now been a resident in the home for approx 5 1/2 years. Although mum has deteriorated with her Alzheimer's, I am convinced the progress has been slower partly due to her being treated well. She laughs and sings still (although no-one knows the tune or words). The staff are warm and friendly to all the family - mum of course in particular.

The home takes great pride in providing a comprehensive, respectful and dignified service to residents and relatives. A high and professional level of caring is provided over and above mere spasmodic attention. Every effort is made to stimulate those staying in the home by both internal and external means. The staff are all attentive and courteous, always ready to help.

The final word must go to mum herself who, despite her many health difficulties and the challenges they presented for her, one day said to me I am so lucky to be here. She couldn't have been better cared for if she had been a relative of the staff themselves. We will be forever grateful.

Morton Grange is set in lovely open countryside, providing a peaceful and calming atmosphere. The staff are very kind and caring and everyone is very friendly. The home is very clean and welcoming. Numerous and varied outings are arranged for the residents, as well as a variety of social events for residents, relations and friends. I would highly recommend Morton Grange as being a home providing excellent care.

I very much enjoy the activities and entertainment at the home. I would obviously like to be at my own home but because I need to be cared for I enjoy living here.

Dreading visit but came away knowing Peter is being cared for and was safe. Fantastic atmosphere.

Morton Grange is a well run care home from the top down. It has well trained dedicated care staff who know the residents needs. It has always had a good reputation and strives to keep it that way, My wife has always been happy there from day one. I visit on a regular basis and am always mad welcome with a friendly word and smile.

My Sister in Law has been a resident in Morton Grange for over 6 years. She is now 97. Although I live 70 miles away I visit her every 6 weeks for 4 days staying with relatives whilst there. I have every admiration for all the staff, nursing, carers, caterers, cleaners etc. Also entertainment, trips out, there are facilities for card and board games etc, television, also quiet for reading. If I ever have to go into a care home, I hope it will be Morton Grange.

At Morton Grange, love and respect abound and these, above all, are the things that are important when caring for the elderly. Other residential homes may appear more luxurious or more clinical, but only the very best can hope to match the genuine care we have experienced here.

We feel Morton Grange is a special place. At the same time we had three of our relatives living at Morton Grange. Sadly they have all passed away but we will always be grateful to the care and love shown to them and to us their family. We fully recommend Morton Grange.

Residents treated with respect and dignity within a friendly, well-managed nursing home. Would not hesitate in recommending this nursing home, as standards are high.

Morton Grange was home for my mother for the last four and a half years of her life. I cannot speak highly enough of the care she received. She was treated with love, compassion and dignity. I had peace of mind knowing she was safe, secure and happy.

Submit a Review for Morton Grange

June 1996

Investor In People

Date: Saturday 01 Jun 1996

There are no jobs posted yet for Morton Grange

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Morton Grange