Harley Grange Care Home, Leicester, Leicestershire

Harley Grange Care Home is located within a quiet residential area of Stoneygate, Leicester, a purpose built 33 bedded accommodation offering Nursing, Respite and End of Life care.

At Harley Grange Care Home Residents enjoy the open plan lounge area which features comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Harley Grange chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Georgina Kirby (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leicester City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 34 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Eating Disorders • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Asperger Syndrome • Autism/ASD • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Hungarian, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Harley Grange Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.5 for Harley Grange Care Home is based on 28 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.469 is made up of 4.469 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

very accommodating, clean bedrooms, home. Things sorted out quickly and efficiently. My father has always been well looked after very well. Special thanks, as they bot deserve praise is the nurse and her husband, both are polish and are able to communicate with my father which was important.

How likely would you be to recommend Harley Grange Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I have been very pleased with all aspects of the home. The cleanliness and food are very good. The staff are lovely. They are all very friendly and helpful. I have been in to see mum at different times of the day and the care and attention to patients is always very good. I would recommend the home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Harley Grange Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

The manager and the home and her staff have made my father and my family feel welcome. Any concerns are dealt with in a timely and professional manner and I feel as if we are being listened to. This nursing home really does care for it's residents and the staff show kindness and consideration to my father and other residents. Health and safety matters are taken very seriously. The food is of a high standard. The atmosphere is calm and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Harley Grange Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mum is well looked after by friendly and caring staff. Both my parents came into Harley Grange in March, unfortunately my father died recently and the staff were so kind to all the family. Mum has dementia and the nurses and carers try to stimulate her by chatting and various activities. We are currently at a coffee and cake morning organised by the home with all the residents involved. I have no worries about my mum as I know she id getting the best care.

How likely would you be to recommend Harley Grange Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mother was happy during her two year plus residence at Harley Grange, the staff were cheerful and caring towards her, in her nineties, and other residents she particularly enjoyed outings and staff or volunteer organised activities, she said "this is the best place for me at this stage I'm happy living here". With this warm positive atmosphere I would certainly recommend this care home as would other family members who made regular visits.

How likely would you be to recommend Harley Grange Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

The care and attention provided by the whole staff was excellent, not only to my husband but to myself and my family. There is a very good atmosphere as soon as you enter the care home.

My father was only at the home for a few days for palliative care until his death, but the staff could not have been more caring, not just to dad but to the rest of us (the family) who found it a difficult time.

When I visit the staff are very helpful and polite. They make time to look after my sister making sure she is comfortable. The manager is always there if you have any queries. The home, I feel, is excellent and I am happy with the way my sister has been cared for.

The professionalism, care and love all the staff provide to the residents is exceptional.

We looked at many nursing homes prior to moving our mother here and none could compare to Harley Grange.

We can rest assured that our mother will be very well looked after, 24/7 giving us peace of mind.

They are the best.

I think the care here is excellent.

I am very happy here and like the staff.

I would highly recommend this home because of the excellent physical and psychological care. This is provided by all staff ably led by the management team. RNs provide the nursing skills and oversee care staff who give the hands on care ensuring patients retain their dignity by providing all personal care needs. The non-nursing staff from the administrator, activities, kitchen, laundry, domestic and maintenance never fail to speak to residents in a friendly canny way. This is so important to residents who are vulnerable and need to feel safe and reassured that those people around them care.

I like this care home and the staff who are very helpful to me. I also love the food in the home.

It's a nice and comfortable place for me to live. I am very well looked after by the staff.

I would recommend Harley Grange to anybody. The staff are exceptional and nothing is ever any trouble. it is nice to know my mum is happy contented and made many friends.

Am very happy here.

My wife has been a resident at this home for 2 years. All the family is impressed with the care and consideration given to her. Communication with myself is particularly good. The home has been improved and updated during my wife's stay. Management is approachable and very helpful. It is a 'warm' and friendly establishment. I have been able to pass on a recommendation.

We visited many Nursing Homes searching for a good one for my mother and then we found Harley Grange. There were white cotton cloths and fresh flowers on the tables in the dining room. Adjoining was a spacious cosy lounge with large windows and doors open to a beautiful back garden where residents were sitting beneath umbrella in the summer sunshine. Everywhere was clean and fresh, the bedrooms were lovely and the staff were friendly and kind. Immediately we knew that we had found the one. Mum has been there for four years now and is quite happy. We both recommend Harley Grange.

The care the residents receive at Harley Grange is very good. The staff are friendly and care about the residents. Would recommend Harley Grange to anyone looking for a care home.

My mum is happy here, she especially values the work done by Val to keep residents mentally active and busy. Her comment to me today was "I can't see where I could be better looked after", she worries about all the medication she has to take. As her daughter, knowing she is safe and happy is invaluable, priceless. Only criticism- safety levels too low.

Harley Grange is a nice home where my father is very comfortable and also very well looked after.

My dad was placed on Liverpool care pathway in February 2013. I had to find a nursing home with one day notice of hospital discharge. The matron at Harley Grange was fantastic, she visited my dad in hospital and spent over two hours getting to know him and putting his fears at rest. He was not expected to live more than a few days. He is still with us over a year later thanks to the care he receives. He is as happy as he could be anywhere, given his very poor of health. I know I don't have to worry about my dad.

Everything is first class and second to none.

A friendly homely atmosphere when you enter. Courteous staff always happy to help. Food seems to be of a good standard.

Recommend for its nursing care and friendly staff.

Harley Grange is very nice they take them out to shows and have parties at Christmas.

I would recommend this nursing home to others in need of full time care.

Submit a Review for Harley Grange Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Harley Grange Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Harley Grange Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Harley Grange Care Home