Eliot House, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire

Eliot House, in Gainsborough, is registered for twenty-nine service users, with provision tailored towards mental health complications, including for adults with learning disabilities and also for clients diagnosed with dementia.

All carers are highly qualified and resourced to achieve high standards of care, respecting the privacy and dignity of all involved and valuing feedback from family and loved ones of residents.

Group: MPS Care Group

Person in charge: Shanti Rampal (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lincolnshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 29 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Eliot House: click here

The user Review Score of 9.3 for Eliot House is based on 8 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.300 is made up of 4.948 Points relating to the ratings and 4.352 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My wife has been a resident of Eliot House since May 2015 due to her alzheimer's disease. The house is always clean, light and airy. The staff are cheerful, polite and always alert. You don't have to search for a staff member. My wife is always presented in a smart and tidy way whenever I visit. She has severe communication problems and the staff are alert to this and very helpful. The activities provided include day trips and visits to garden centres plus live musical entertainment. The food is excellent and management staff are helpful and informative. On the whole, I am more than satisfied for the safety and comfort of my wife.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely LIKELY

I have been visiting my father at Eliot House for over 2 years and I am impressed with the quality of care he receives. All members of staff treat the residents and their families with respect and compassion. They make a point of really getting to know each resident and plan activities linked to their interests. Before my father arrived, they asked about his favourite colour and decorated his room to suit his personal taste, in order to make it feel like home.
When my father first came here, he was seriously under weight and unable to walk, Thanks to the patience and support of the staff he is now able to walk a short distance and he has gained weight. My mother visits most days and always feels welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely LIKELY

Conducted with every point explained fully, given every chance to question how my husband would be affected. Encouraged to voice my worries about the future care, the review was lengthy and in depth.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely LIKELY

I chose Eliot House for my step-dad because he was not being cared for in his previous home (near Newcastle) and I wanted to keep a closer eye on him. I live 2 streets away. He was weak, hungry and filthy when he arrived. Management at Eliot House immediately raised a safeguarding issue against my step-dad's former home. They photographed and treated his wounds, bathed him, fed him and ensured he was comfortable. My mother was even allowed to sleep in his room for the first week. Dad immediately gained weight and his spirits were lifted. All the staff went beyond their duty to get to know him. This is the first home I have been in where the staff really are interested in their resident's well-being. Every time I walked in, the carers were sat with the residents, chatting and encouraging them to participate in activities. There was always someone in his room checking on him and closely recording his progress. When my step-dad was dying, his carers came into work to see him on their days off. They were not phased by his unwanted behaviour as his mind was failing. They kissed him and showed genuine affection. His death was terrible due to Parkinson's and Dementia. The staff wept for him and comforted my mother. They talked her through every stage of his illness. They fed her and advised her. We were at our wits end until we found Eliot House. I cannot fault the caring team of staff or the facilities available. Both my mother and I highly recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely LIKELY

My dad came in for two weeks from hospital not walking, with in two days dad was on his feet and walking. All the staff from the cleaners to cooks, nurses and manager go the extra mile for the guests, it feels like home. The food was lovely and every one is kind and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Likely

My father was a resident of Eliot House from 2011 – 2015, with Parkinson’s and Dementia. The care he received was beyond our expectations; his individual needs were taken into consideration, and when bed-ridden for the last 2 years, the staff went above and beyond to ensure he was comfortable and medically cared for; the doctor was called whenever they felt it necessary, and nurses working at the home always offered to come in, even in the middle of the night.

We looked around a few homes prior to dad going into Eliot House, this is by far the best, AND it does not smell of pee! Actually, the hardest part since dad has passed, is going back into the home, and smelling the clean laundry smell of dad as soon as you walk in the door!

Not only did they care for dad, but they cared for my mum too. Nearly every day she would visit, and every time she would be offered a wonderful lunch, or a cup of tea if later in the day.

I am eternally grateful to the wonderful staff who cared for dad in such a lovely way. If they took advanced bookings, my mother and I, would, without a doubt would book a room!
Thank you Eliot House.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely LIKELY

My mother passed away at the end of October after 9 years as a resident of Eliot House. In the whole of that time I have been utterly satisfied with my mother's care, and more than that, the Matron and staff there loved her and cared for her as a loved one. My mother eventually became unable to speak, and bed/chair bound, but the staff always knew what she was communicating, and they were familiar with her preferences in every way. Her skin was healthy, her hair kept lovely, her hands manicured. she always looked so cosy. They made her smile all the time. They recognised discomfort and dealt with it quickly. They always included her in any activity or entertainment and she would respond with smiles. I did observe how the staff were with other residents and they were loved too, and they were supportive of me, which I needed because it was hard to have my mother unable to speak with me and unable to move unaided. I would not hesitate to recommend Eliot house, I thank Matron and the staff from the bottom of my heart, they are very special people who love their work and deserve medals.

Testimonial for Neville

We would like to express our sincere gratitude to the staff at Elliot House for their exceptional levels of care, compassion, professionalism, understanding and friendliness for Neville Lyon. The compassion and care also extended beyond Neville to the other members of the family. Neville spent just over 18 months at Elliot House, and at all times of the day the care he received was second to none. The nursing, facilities and food are worthy of special mention. This was a difficult period for the family but the staff at Elliot House made the last months of his life peaceful and anxious free. When poor care stories are frequent in the media it is a breath of fresh air to be able to recommend a care home that excels in every department.

Submit a Review for Eliot House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Eliot House

There are no jobs posted yet for Eliot House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Eliot House