Tel: 01908 543251

Owner: Rising Meadows Ltd

Person in charge: Caroline Vaz (Acting Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northamptonshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 34 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Nursing & Residential service user. Ages 65+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £650 – £700 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £625 – £650

Nursing Care Single £700 – £750 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £675 – £700

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on The Meadows: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by The Meadows

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Meadows

The user 'Recommendation Score' (7.6 for The Meadows) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of The Meadows on Friday 1 March 2013 by Carolyn Barnett (partner of resident's son)

My partner's mother came to a point where lots more support was needed. She could no longer manage at home and needed more help than we could provide. I came across The Meadows as a Health Care Professional and as I visit many homes, felt this was the most suitable for "Mum". Although I had arranged to visit with my partner to allow him to view the home we actually turned up about 7:30 pm the evening before our arrangement. This was no bother at all and we were allowed all over the building- speaking to other residents and staff on duty. "Mum" needed to be placed in care quickly and after speaking to the manager the following day a hospital visit was arranged and she was admitted that evening. I visited and found "Mum" pleasantly pleased at her new surroundings, she had been given a choice of room and introduced to staff and residents alike. Unfortunately "Mum's" condition is terminal and her demise is happening very quickly. Both my partner and I have nothing but praise for the care she receives. Not having many residents was a factor of choice for "Mum" as she prefers solitude - staff ratios have been excellent and nothing is too much bother for any staff member. Another deciding factor was the fact she could continue to have her family G.P visit- a change of care at this stage would have unsettled her. Again the staff have helped D.Ns - Palliative Nurses and G.P in every possible way. We both feel this home deserves more recognition - carers that actually care are hard to find. Well done The Meadows.

Review of The Meadows on Thursday 5 April 2012 by Lisa Thorpe (Daughter of Resident)

Faced with the realisation that Mum needed more than we could provide for her at home, I began the sickening search for a nursing home. I decided I would go by my instinct rather than digest the Council's opinion and I am so very glad I did. I rather stumbled on The Meadows, calling in without appointment. I was welcomed and shown every corner including the kitchen. The reality was Mum only had a few months left with us but the care each and every member of staff gave to Mum was outstanding. On each visit I would be greeted and given every detail of Mum's day. I was shown such compassion at a very difficult time and was supported every step of the way. I simply do not understand how and why the Council have come to their conclusion. Unless you have to place your trust for a loved one elsewhere, you are not qualified to comment...

Submit a Recommendation for The Meadows

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of The Meadows and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for The Meadows

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Meadows

Other Care Homes located nearby to The Meadows

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page