Berry Hill Care Home, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Located in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, Berry Hill Care Home is a purpose built 66 bedded property offering Nursing, Residential, Day care, Respite and End of Life care.

Carers pride themselves on a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Residents have a choice of lounges which overlook the garden and feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. To personalise their bedroom Residents bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.

Berry Hill chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Jill Cocking (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 59 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Berry Hill Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Berry Hill Care Home is based on 57 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.761 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.761 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.761 for Berry Hill Care Home is based on 57 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.761 for Berry Hill Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (532 Excellents x 5) + (132 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 678 Ratings = 4.761

The Quantity Score of 5 for Berry Hill Care Home is calculated as follows:

3. (55 Positive Reviews ÷ 59 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.864 (maximum score = 1)

I came here following a bad fall (2015) after home carers (who were very good) it was decided that I should come here as my sister was already here after a stroke.

Rooms: Poor

I enjoy the singers and entertainment. The food and drinks are very good. The bedrooms could be bigger, but they are comfortable. I hadn't been told anything about fire drills etc. But once I asked I was informed about the fire drills and now I feel better.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is nice, staff are very kind to me, make me feel comfortable. The food is very good. My room is clean and tidy.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is very nice, the staff are nice to me, the food is good. My meals are always nice. The staff make me laugh, it is nice to laugh. My room is cleaned every day.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is nice and tidy everything that I need it's cleaned on a daily basis. The food is very good I can choose off the menu daily. I like to sit in the quiet lounge to watch tv. But I go and join in the fun with other residents with big lounge especially when we have things going on like listening to the singers.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is tidy and clean every day. I'm always spoken to with dignity. The food is great, the meals are very good. The staff always make sure I am taken care of all day. I like my drink in the other room.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is nice, clean, tidy and the staff are friendly, helpful and have a chat at meal times. The food I have had is very nice, my room is cleaned every day.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is beautiful, nice and clean and feel safe. My meals are perfect, served nicely. There is a variety of food available all day. Drinks come to me in my room regularly. The staff are very good, always talking to me when they see me. Its very friendly in the home. If I take poorly I would like to come and stop here in Berry Hill Park Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum moved in Monday, so far so good. We had concerns about her appetite, but since here seems to be doing well and enjoying her food, especially the puds! Staff very friendly and trying to be as helpful as possible. Nothing seemed to much trouble. Family very satisfied.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is very good and tidy it gets cleaned everyday. The staff are very nice to me always talk to me. The food is ok, its very filling, it's nice.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is pleasant, nice space from window, clean and tidy. The staff are very pleasant, they are willing to help me, friendly to me. The cleaners come in every day to clean my room. My meal today was very nice and enjoyable.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is very good; excellent to be honest. I have my own en-suite. The staff are kind and friendly, they meet my needs. The food is very good, it can be too much sometimes for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Likely

My room is lovely, is home from home, the view is fantastic, I have had new windows. The food in the home is excellent I always leave a clean plate, the staff are good, it was my birthday today - the cook has made a cake for me and it will be shared throughout the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would like to say how happy Berry Hill Care Home took care of my friend. All staff were very good with him. Praise to them all he was quite happy right to the end.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Can't really be faulted. Very welcoming. Very clean, Staff very attentive. Excellent all round. Never any unpleasant smells. Highly recommended.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is very nice and clean, tidy, the staff are always kind to me and the other residents. The food is very good and the drinks are nice as well.
The activities are good, we do something different every day.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like my room because its downstairs don't have to go upstairs. The staff are all good to me. My meals are very good and tasty.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I'm with the kitchen staff all the way! You can tell them if you don't like something or if they haven't got what you want and they sort it our straight away.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

As a family we would like to express our sincere gratitude to all the staff at this home for the care and compassion shown to our mother and ourselves at this difficult time in our lives. All the carers and nursing staff without exception kept my mother clean and comfortable 24 hours a day for the whole 13 weeks that she was there. They made us all very welcome on our daily visits in particular were understanding and sympathetic to all of us on the day our mother passed away. We would have no hesitation what so ever in recommending this particular home.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

The home is great the staff made me feel welcome. My room is great, the food is excellent. The other residents made me feel good, made a new friend and was a bit sad when he left, but other residents are good as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is nice and the staff are good to me., they make me smile. The food is good. All the residents make me feel relaxed.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is excellent for me, meals they are brilliant, the staff have all been nice to me. The cleaners made my room nice and tidy.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Room is great can't beat it. My food is very good have a great choice, the staff are brilliant they do everything they can. Me and my husband are treated well and let us eat together.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mostly friendly staff (rushed). Some excellent well done all. Food excellent well done staff, and of course the chef couldn't fault any.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

J says the home is wonderful, the staff are super, friendly, my room is marvellous and kept clean by the cleaners. The activity lounge is nice but I like my own space. The food is nice and plenty and I have a nice choice.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

It's brilliant, plenty of room, food is excellent, staff are brilliant, always happy to help. Activities are in the map to get downstairs to play domino cards etc. She is happy to be here, Christmas was good fun, family came to visit and dressed up as Santa, it was brilliant.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I didn't want to come into a care home but now I'm here I love it.
The food is always lovely and there is plenty of it. My room is beautiful and I have all my ornaments and pictures around me. It really feels like my own place. The staff are always lovely. Nothing is too much trouble. Everyone is so kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is a very high standard. The food is excellent, meals are on time. The staff are very friendly to me and respect my wishes for when I need to go for a cigarette.
The big lounge where I socially meet other residents for my meals is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Likely

The ladies in the kitchen are wonderful. I have a cooked breakfast every morning. I have been here before. There is no place better. The girls are wonderful. They do anything for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have enjoyed my stay, the staff are very good, excellent. My meals are very very good, too much at times. My room was very pleasant, the activities were good, room was cleaned every day. I have nothing to grumble about, the home is friendly, staff are good and the home is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is nice the staff are very friendly to my needs. The activities come every day to see if I wanted anything but as I don't get out of bed he asked if I needed anything as I only do crossword puzzles.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My experience in the home is that the care here has been excellent, the staff are very good at their jobs. The food is excellent, all the other residents I've met made me feel welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Likely

I came into the home as I had operation on both feet so came to Berry Hill to be able to get support to mobilise so I can go home. The staff have been brilliant, really kind and sociable, food was ok but I like to cook so wasn't as good as can be. The home manager was lovely, always smiling. I'm glad to be going home but thank you Berry Hill.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Likely

My father came here at the end of April, and my mother joined him at the beginning of June. My dad came for end of life care and has since picked up well. My mum came with very bad bed sore as she is now making a good recovery. I am very pleased with their care here at Berry Hill and I feel a lot better in myself knowing that they are being very well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Likely

I have found the staff to be pleasant, helpful and always seem to have the best intentions of the residents at heart. Sometimes I worry if no-one is in the lounge but appreciate staffing difficulties. I think residents activities have improved and with the interest of the individual needs of the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Likely

My stay in this home is excellent, all the staff are more than helpful, everyone always has the time to speak to me, the staff always make sure I am taken for my cigarette. My room is checked on a daily basis and kept tidy.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has been here for over 5 years. In that time the staff have always treated her, dad (when he was alive) and us with the utmost care.

All made to feel welcome anytime. Always kindness to resident. I can always get a meal if I need one.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Like the room, have a chat to staff when they call by. Like looking out of the bedroom window. Like the staff on all levels from care to kitchen staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Don't know

I would recommend this home to anyone, as a friendly considerate home. My father under their care has improved from a skinny grumpy man to being my dad again. Nothing is ever too much trouble, a cheery hello is given and a cuddle is given to dad. My dad on questioning does not want to leave he feels like he is at home and a better recommendation can not be made. The only place he wants to be is here.

I can only say that the staff have been overwhelmingly willing to more than that walk that extra mile. They have been kind, understanding and prepared to take the time to discuss any matters in hand if needed. To sum up there is a gentleness and determination of purpose all to the benefit of residents and their families. God bless them.

I would recommend this home to all. My dad has brilliant care. I live in Greece so was worried about Dad but I need not have done, he is receiving a very friendly homely care. He is safe and very well cared for.

Very happy and content. Staff very friendly and supporting.
Room has a lovely view. Food excellent.
Very happy with the home, everyone makes me welcome and very supportive when I need them.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would definitely recommend this home and have on occasion. Everyone is very friendly and I always feel comfortable. I only have to ask if I need or want anything.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I love my care home, especially the meals - always home made, home cooked and very tasty. My clothes are always washed promptly and the house keepers keep the place immaculate. The staff are always happy to help and my family can always visit anytime of the day which is convenient.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My favourite part of the home is the staff, they are all friendly and caring. My room is fantastic with a balcony and it's keep immaculate.

The management I have said are good only because I haven't had a lot of dealings with them but the dealings I have had have been brilliant considering the lack of information they were given about my requirements and provided me with a reclineable chair at short notice. Fantastic place really enjoyed my time here.

Could not wish for anything more, I would recommend Berry Hill to anyone, the whole home is excellent and I sleep fantastic in my new room. I have moved from the ground floor to upstairs, the views from my room are lovely and wish I had chosen an upstairs room from the start.

I'm a resident at the home. During my time here so far, I've found the home to be warm and welcoming, the staff are great. The medical nurses go above and beyond to help, this makes feel safe and secure. I was bought to the home at short notice as the home I was in closed around me. I couldn't be happier that this place took me in.

This was the finest holiday I've ever had, the service and staff were first class. They were so kind to me, I hope to return back soon to receive the same brilliant service.

Since my mother came to Berry Hill she has become much more content. The staff are very considerate and helpful. I would recommend Berry Hill most highly.

I am always welcome day or night to visit my wife. I can be present in the dining room when meals, which appear appetising, are served. I am invited to stay for a meal with my wife if I wish to do so. I have never seen or heard anything from any member of staff towards a resident which was not in the residents interest and manicures, pedicures and a hairdresser are available regularly as are games, entertainers etc. to stimulate residents.

The staff and the manager are very good, very friendly and it's clean.

This seems a caring comfortable home. My friend Evelyn has only been in the home for 2 weeks, she is settling alright.

The care home is well managed and concerns are dealt with promptly. Nursing care provision is efficient and thorough. Many of the care staff have been at Berry Hill for several years and they take the time to get to know residents and respond to their needs and concerns. My father was a resident 2007/8 and I had no hesitation in choosing Berry Hill for my mother when her health deteriorated in 2013.

Staff always pleasant and willing to help.

Staff are always polite and helpful, I'm really pleased with how my dad has improved since he came to stay here, he looks so well. Keep up the good work all of you, you should be proud of working in such a lovely home.

Submit a Review for Berry Hill Care Home

March 2014

2014 Care Home Team Award Winner

Recipient: Berry Hill Care Home

Date: Wednesday 26 Mar 2014

There are no jobs posted yet for Berry Hill Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Berry Hill Care Home