Acacia Care Home

12 Sherwood Rise, Sherwood, Nottingham NG7 6JE

Acacia Care Home, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

Located in the beautiful surroundings of Nottinghamshire, Acacia Care Home is a care home offering dementia residential and dementia nursing care.

Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. A range of well-equipped bedrooms which are bright, safe and comfortable are decorated in a variety of styles in keeping with the character of the home.

Chefs at Acacia Care Home pride themselves on knowing the tastes of residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs.

At HC-One, experienced home managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Noor Khan (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottingham City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 46 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Hindi, Polish, Urdu

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Acacia Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Acacia Care Home is based on 24 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.573 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.573 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.573 for Acacia Care Home is based on 24 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.573 for Acacia Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (180 Excellents x 5) + (82 Goods x 4) + (19 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 281 Ratings = 4.573

The Quantity Score of 5 for Acacia Care Home is calculated as follows:

3. (24 Positive Reviews ÷ 46 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.043 (maximum score = 1)

All of the carers, nurses, kitchen crew and cleaners were absolutely brilliant to my father and his family. I could not have chosen a better home for my father. The care and attention he got was better than I or my family could have given him. Many thanks to Acacia.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am happy with the care my husband gets here. I am grateful for all the help and for the affection. Thank you for looking after my husband.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Care Home? Extremely Likely

Over many years my lovely mum attended day care facilities at Acacia Care Home three days a week to give my father some respite time and mum to have a time for her with specialists that could stimulate and care for her.

My mum's health deteriorated significantly from October 2015 after a stroke. She had several hospital admissions latterly resulting in the need for end of life care in a nursing environment. My father could not manage her care at home. When Acacia was mentioned we visited. My father already knew staff there. As soon as we arrived we felt welcomed and cared for. My father decided mum should come to Acacia for her final days.

The room chosen was lovely and bright, perfect for care giving without being too clinical. She had excellent care with Staff being attentive to all her needs and ours.

My mum left us this last week. The whole family is very happy she spent those last important few days at Acacia. We cannot thank them enough for all their care and support.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Care Home? Extremely Likely

Well looked after, well fed, immaculate cleanliness, staff are very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Care Home? Extremely Likely

Dad came to Acacia for end of life care and was well cared for by the home. Plenty of staff on site. Admin very helpful and friendly. The manager very kind. Definitely kindness in care at Acacia care home. We are very happy that we chose Acacia. The manager and her team did an excellent job. Dad died a dignified death.

Very pleased with the care and support my father receives friendly staff. Plenty of staff per client ratio.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff and management are very friendly and are giving my mum the right care and support that she needs, overall I'm very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Care Home? Extremely Likely

Friendly and polite staff. Admin is very helpful and informative. The new manager is very accommodating and helpful in all situations. Very happy that my mum is staying at Acacia .
Highly recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband Steve and I visited mum today. We are very pleased with mum and with the way she is being cared for here. Mum seems to be settling very well, the staff are very good and today we were offered luncheon with mum (what a surprise) we had a lovely lunch and dessert to follow and to top it off I had a glass of wine with my meal. I cannot thank Acacia enough for the effort they put in to make everyone welcome.

We have noticed a lot of good changes lately. Decor is very good and nice things added - love the homely touch. New staff, very good. A great difference form being ignored before. Well done! Asked Mum how things are and she says things are good.

Staff, in my opinion, are friendly and show a good degree of care and understanding to all residents. On a personal level I have had no concerns about my mums treatment of care. Home is always being improved and meals always look nutritious and plentiful. Great to see a helpful and understanding manager. Massive improvement, keep up the good work.

Staff are very friendly and welcoming - nothing is too much trouble. Open hours - visit at any time, which is very reassuring. Phone contact very good, can phone and get a daily update on my mum. All staff work together as a team and all are able to tell me information with regard to my mum, the manager is very helpful too. As someone who has never used this type of service before, we were very anxious about leaving mum - need not have worried at all!!

I was very impressed with the manager who came to us and spent time talking to us and explaining everything that was going on. We felt our friend was cared for beyond our expectations and staff managed the challenges they faced daily with her in a dignified manner. Right to the end, thank you.

My husband is happy and so am I. The staff are so lovely and helpful,they ring me if he has a fall. He likes the food and his bedroom is lovely, I am so glad I managed to get him in there. I would recommend to anyone which I have done already.

My wife lives at the home and I am very happy that they take care of her like family would.

I visit this care home 4 to 5 times a week. I am always made to feel welcome by the warm and friendly staff. They always ask if everything is alright and always make us hot or cold beverages, also offering biscuits too. The care my friend receives is of a top standard in my opinion which is also prolonging his life. Thank you to all the staff that work there, especially Linda.

In particular I like the fact that even though I am having so many visitors, staff always make them feel very welcome, this way I can enjoy my family more. The food is brilliant, staff are lovely and helpful. The only thing I would need to make the cherry on top of the cake is a pool somewhere around here.

I like this place for care and I think that's nice that my family can visit whenever they want. I think the food is delicious and there is always a choice.

I like here for the fact that I can do what I like. I like the food in here.

I like to live here 7 out of 10 in score. The food I like 9 out of ten. The staff are lovely and as much as I am a very fussy person they care for me very well.

I feel nice in here, it's very homely. I like the staff in here and the food is very nice, I have so much freedom. You are helping me a lot.

Always plenty of staff, home is clean, staff all appear caring and committed to residents.

I feel nice in here. It's very homely. I like the staff in here and the fact that I have so much freedom. Food is very nice. You are helping me a lot.

Such a big improvement in Acacia over the past few months. The staff have always been very kind and helpful, they make me feel so welcome in fact I'm part of the family I hope Acacia is going to the one of the best homes in Nottingham in the near future and I want to help it all I can.

Submit a Review for Acacia Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Acacia Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Acacia Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Acacia Care Home