Acacia Care Home, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

Located in the beautiful surroundings of Nottinghamshire, Acacia Care Home is a 46 bedded care home offering Dementia Residential and Dementia Nursing care.

Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. A range of well-equipped bedrooms which are bright, safe and comfortable are decorated in a variety of styles in keeping with the character of the home.

Chefs at Acacia Care Home pride themselves on knowing the tastes of Residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced Home Managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Manjit Sandhu (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottingham City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 46 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Acacia Care Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.5 for Acacia Care Home) is based on 23 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Acacia Care Home

Dad came to Acacia for end of life care and was well cared for by the home. Plenty of staff on site. Admin very helpful and friendly. The manager very kind. Definitely kindness in care at Acacia care home. We are very happy that we chose Acacia. The manager and her team did an excellent job. Dad died a dignified death.

Acacia Care Home

Very pleased with the care and support my father receives friendly staff. Plenty of staff per client ratio.

Acacia Care Home

The staff and management are very friendly and are giving my mum the right care and support that she needs, overall I'm very happy.

Acacia Care Home

Friendly and polite staff. Admin is very helpful and informative. The new manager is very accommodating and helpful in all situations. Very happy that my mum is staying at Acacia . Highly recommend.

Acacia Care Home

My husband Steve and I visited mum today. We are very pleased with mum and with the way she is being cared for here. Mum seems to be settling very well, the staff are very good and today we were offered luncheon with mum (what a surprise) we had a lovely lunch and dessert to follow and to top it off I had a glass of wine with my meal. I cannot thank Acacia enough for the effort they put in to make everyone welcome.

Acacia Care Home

We have noticed a lot of good changes lately. Decor is very good and nice things added - love the homely touch. New staff, very good. A great difference form being ignored before. Well done! Asked Mum how things are and she says things are good.

Acacia Care Home

Staff, in my opinion, are friendly and show a good degree of care and understanding to all residents. On a personal level I have had no concerns about my mums treatment of care. Home is always being improved and meals always look nutritious and plentiful. Great to see a helpful and understanding manager. Massive improvement, keep up the good work.

Acacia Care Home

Staff are very friendly and welcoming - nothing is too much trouble. Open hours - visit at any time, which is very reassuring. Phone contact very good, can phone and get a daily update on my mum. All staff work together as a team and all are able to tell me information with regard to my mum, the manager is very helpful too. As someone who has never used this type of service before, we were very anxious about leaving mum - need not have worried at all!!

Acacia Care Home

I was very impressed with the manager who came to us and spent time talking to us and explaining everything that was going on. We felt our friend was cared for beyond our expectations and staff managed the challenges they faced daily with her in a dignified manner. Right to the end, thank you.

Acacia Care Home

My husband is happy and so am I. The staff are so lovely and helpful,they ring me if he has a fall. He likes the food and his bedroom is lovely, I am so glad I managed to get him in there. I would recommend to anyone which I have done already.

Acacia Care Home

My wife lives at the home and I am very happy that they take care of her like family would.

Acacia Care Home

I visit this care home 4 to 5 times a week. I am always made to feel welcome by the warm and friendly staff. They always ask if everything is alright and always make us hot or cold beverages, also offering biscuits too. The care my friend receives is of a top standard in my opinion which is also prolonging his life. Thank you to all the staff that work there, especially Linda.

Acacia Care Home

In particular I like the fact that even though I am having so many visitors, staff always make them feel very welcome, this way I can enjoy my family more. The food is brilliant, staff are lovely and helpful. The only thing I would need to make the cherry on top of the cake is a pool somewhere around here.

Acacia Care Home

I like this place for care and I think that's nice that my family can visit whenever they want. I think the food is delicious and there is always a choice.

Acacia Care Home

I like here for the fact that I can do what I like. I like the food in here.

Acacia Care Home

I like to live here 7 out of 10 in score. The food I like 9 out of ten. The staff are lovely and as much as I am a very fussy person they care for me very well.

Acacia Care Home

I feel nice in here, it's very homely. I like the staff in here and the food is very nice, I have so much freedom. You are helping me a lot.

Acacia Care Home

Always plenty of staff, home is clean, staff all appear caring and committed to residents.

Acacia Care Home

I feel nice in here. It's very homely. I like the staff in here and the fact that I have so much freedom. Food is very nice. You are helping me a lot.

Acacia Care Home

Such a big improvement in Acacia over the past few months. The staff have always been very kind and helpful, they make me feel so welcome in fact I'm part of the family I hope Acacia is going to the one of the best homes in Nottingham in the near future and I want to help it all I can.

Acacia Care Home

Staff good and support. Feels comfortable and homely.

Acacia Care Home

Homely. Nice. Find staff alright, supportive. Looks nice now decorations are done.

Acacia Care Home

About Acacia I really liked the care staff. When I need anything someone was always there to listen and help. Everybody are very friendly. The meal times enjoyed it at most. Always had a choice and their were very tasty. I enjoy the place very much. Thank you for being there for me.

Submit a Review for Acacia Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Acacia Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Acacia Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Acacia Care Home