Bank House Care Home, Bury, Greater Manchester
Bank House Care Home
Bank House Care Home

Tel: 0161 764 4358

The aim of Bank House Care Home is to provide a caring family environment that caters for the comfort and happiness of all our residents. Carers provide the highest standards of Nursing and Residential care 24 hours a day under the supervision of the proprietors and fully qualified staff. The home offers a safe, secure lifestyle in a relaxed, homely environment.

The dignity of residents is preserved at all times; at the same time, maintaining their individuality and independence. Professionals aim to tailor the care they provide to each individual’s needs. The care at Bank House is of the highest quality and the reputation built up over the years supports this. Carers work within a framework laid down by Care Quality Commission (CQC), Bury Social Services and Bury Primary Care Trust ensuring the safety and well-being of clients.

Carers encourage a strong family environment at Bank House which is a result of the partnership between the residents, staff and outside agencies. Residents should feel that this is their home, and to this end, carers encourage them to bring in small items of furniture, ornaments, pictures, etc. Visiting times are unrestricted.

Owner: A Stott, L Brown and S Khan

Person in charge: Brendan Gaffney (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bury Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 43 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Social Services, NHS, Private and Respite. Ages 65+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Lithuanian, Polish, Urdu

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £385 Nursing Care Single £455 – £520 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £455 – £520

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Bank House Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Bank House Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Bank House Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Bank House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Bank House Care Home

My mother has been a resident of Bank House since January 2013, since moving into Bank House. Although her dementia has worsened, her general health has improved, she appears to be as happy as possible, she is cared for, kept clean and looked after, the food is of an excellent standard and plenty of it. The rooms are clean and there are no unpleasant odours. The home itself is slightly dated but that fact is far outweighed by the standard of love and care the residents receive. My brothers and I would have no hesitation in recommending Bank house for your loved ones.

Submitted by Keith Shatwell (Son of Resident) on Wednesday 31 July 2013.

Review of Bank House Care Home

My late brother was a resident in Bank House Care Home in Bury. He was very well cared for during the whole time he was there. The staff were very caring and nothing was too much trouble - his every need was catered for. He had two different rooms whilst he was resident there, both very comfortable and airy. It was quite a wrench for him leaving his home and going into a nursing home, but he did soon settle in. He enjoyed the meals provided at Bank House. They were always nicely presented and the quality was excellent. My late brother's medical problems were dealt with sympathy and understanding by the management and senior staff. I certainly recommend this home to anyone thinking of placing a relative or friend in Bank House Care Home in Bury.

Submitted by Maureen Emmott (Sister of service user) on Tuesday 11 June 2013.

Review of Bank House Care Home

I found Bank House Care Home to be a very well run home. My late husband had a very comfortable room overlooking the garden. When he first came into the home he settled very quickly thanks to the caring attitude of the staff. His medical needs were well cared for in a sympathetic manner. My husband enjoyed the food which was of high quality with plenty of choice and well presented. When anyone has a birthday a home made birthday cake is always provided. When my husband became very poorly the management and staff catered for all his needs. Altogether a well run home.

Submitted by Maureen Emmott (Widow of service user) on Tuesday 11 June 2013.

Review of Bank House Care Home

My late Mum aged 94 was resident in Bank House Nursing Home from January 2013 and sadly passed away in May 2013. After leaving hospital she was no longer able to stay in our own home due to her inability to walk and needing 24hr care. The decision to move Mum into a nursing home was extremely distressing to all the family. In the short time Mum was in Bank House we have nothing but praise for all the staff who were always warm and welcoming and kind, nothing was too much trouble. The food each day was excellent and served with a different menu to suite my mum's special requirements. Everything was very clean and a good laundry service was provided. All health issues were dealt with immediately by the nursing staff and carers. Each afternoon entertainment was provided and hairdressing facilities were available weekly. We have no complaints on any front and can highly recommend Bank House to anyone.

Submitted by Joan Boardman (daughter of resident) on Friday 7 June 2013.

Review of Bank House Care Home

I can certainly recommend Bank House Nursing Home. My late aunt was a resident here and the care she received in her last few months was exceptional. The kindness shown by the management and staff to my aunt was of the highest quality. She was very comfortable and she got on well with many of the other residents and staff. She enjoyed the meals and her medication was closely monitored.

Submitted by Michael Sheldon (next of kin to service user) on Thursday 6 June 2013.

Review of Bank House Care Home

My Mum has been a resident of Bank House since January 2013. Mum was no longer able to look after herself in her own home and making that final decision to move into residential care was extremely difficult and upsetting. However, I now have complete peace of mind. The atmosphere on walking through the door is wonderful. Each member of staff is warm, welcoming, extremely caring and efficient. Any health issues are dealt with immediately and family are informed. The food is excellent and the resident's personal needs are catered for. Any queries are dealt with by the management straight away and it is reassuring to see them regularly mixing and chatting to the residents. I have no reservations in recommending Bank House.

Submitted by Christine Bristow (daughter of resident) on Sunday 26 May 2013.

Review of Bank House Care Home

I am pleased with the care my mother is receiving at Bank House care home. My mother is a very funny eater, but the staff in the kitchen go to great lengths to find something she will eat. She has a nice room, with a pleasant view.

Submitted by David McGee (son of resident) on Friday 24 May 2013.

Review of Bank House Care Home

My Mum came into Bank House for respite, January 2013. the staff where fantastic. she was visited by the cheif each day to ask whent she would like to eat, I think this is nice personal touch. You can visit at any time we often went with the children, and used the relatives lounge, we where always offered drinks and made to feel very welcome. The home is a warm loving enviroment and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Submitted by Jenni Meakin (Mother) on Wednesday 22 May 2013.

Review of Bank House Care Home

I’ve was extremely happy with the care my dad received at Bank House care home. The care staff are wonderful people in my eyes that couldn’t do enough for my Dad. He really enjoyed the activities in the afternoon and the trips to Blackpool to see the lights. He always enjoyed the meals especially the roast dinners which always looked appetising. His room felt very homely and was always clean whenever I visited. The nursing staff always kept me informed of any changes to dad's health, which always made me feel reassured. I'm very happy we chose Bank House for dad and if he was with us today he as well as I would highly recommend them.

Submitted by D N Ainsworth (Son of resident) on Tuesday 21 May 2013.

Review of Bank House Care Home

I would recommend Bank House Care Home - my mother is currently residing here and I find that this gives me peace of mind. The food is excellent and the staff are so friendly. You are always made to feel welcome when you come to see your relative. There is always some form of entertainment going on in the home. My mother loves to play bingo and dominoes. They also have a karaoke machine and everyone loves to join in and sing about the old times. My mother looks forward to the regular entertainers. If I am unable to see my mother they can set up a skype conference video call and this gives my mother peace of mind. She can also speak to her grandson in California.

Submitted by June Stott (daughter) on Monday 13 May 2013.

Review of Bank House Care Home

My mother had a short stay in Bank House Nursing home after having a fall at home we could no longer look after her as she required professional care that we could not provide, my mother is a very private lady and after three weeks returned home and was very pleased with the service provided she said the home was " very spacious with lovely gardens and the staff was very patient and helpful" so I would just like to say thank you and if there is any one looking for a friendly home then I can recommend Bank House.

Submitted by Darren Jones (son of resident) on Monday 13 May 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Bank House Care Home

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Bank House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Bank House Care Home