Gorton Parks Care Home, Manchester, Greater Manchester

Gorton Parks specialises in a number of care forms, these include residential and nursing care, nursing dementia care and palliative care, as well as convalescence and respite.

A refurbishment and upgrade programme has made the most of the building’s care potential and enhanced the homely qualities. Quality furnishings and views of landscaped gardens add to residents’ satisfaction.

Meals are made to suit taste and dietary requirements, enjoyed in traditional dining rooms or else in the privacy of residents’ own bedrooms.

Many occasions and events add to home life, with residents supported in pursuing hobbies and interests of their choice.

Person in charge: Margaret Reeves (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Manchester City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 148 residents

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Gorton Parks Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.1 for Gorton Parks Care Home is based on 28 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.059 is made up of 4.681 Points relating to the ratings and 4.378 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I came to this rehab centre and found the staff to be most capable and kind, nothing was a trouble to them when you asked for assistance. It was a pleasant atmosphere to feel at ease in, when you were suffering from some kind of illness and needed to feel mentally comfortable as possible.
The dread about being a medical centre was lessened by the kindness shown to me. The medical side was also most thorough and capable.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I think the staff are absolutely first class. The truth is that they treat a person with respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Would happily recommend this home.

Service and staff were excellent has no issues or concerns within time of stay.

I am treated like a queen. I will never forget you all and thank you for looking after me and taking care of me.

How likely would you be to recommend Gorton Parks Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Staff very good, looked after very well. I would recommend a stay to anyone at Gorton Parks.

Very good service, dad does not want to go home!! :) Thank you

It in invaluable for after care service. Without this service I myself would be at a loss. The staff are very courteous and they are there when you need them.

Enjoyed my stay; made to feel comfortable, would recommend to anyone needing intermediate care to stay here.

A pleasure to be here. All the staff need a gold medal, a massive thank you to each and every member of staff from myself and my family.

An ideal halfway house for rehab between hospital and home. Every need is provided for i.e all medication. I would have no qualms if I was admitted again for a short stay.

As a 1st time user of this service I am overwhelmed by the care of staff and management not only to myself but all other residents also nothing seems too much trouble to them and all are a happy and friendly team. I can only speak for myself and Delamere House but I would definitely recommend this house to anybody. Keep up the good work Gorton Parks Delamere.

My relative has been cared for well.

Would highly recommend Gordon Parks Delamere House to anyone who needs intermediate care.

I would like to thank all the staff for their overall standard I got while staying at Delamere House. Thank you again, lots of love to you all.

Thank you for helping Mary get better (she needed to re-mobilise) The environment was "spot on". The staff are caring and friendly. We would recommend Gorton Parks unreservedly.

I was thankful to be brought here as I was not well enough to be left alone. I have been given every help on the road to recovery. Matina creates a very happy atmosphere for patients & has a happy team of carers under the supervision.

I could recommend Gorton Park to anyone the care and attention are second to none. I will be very sorry to leave, I wish I could stay, I will miss the company as well I have met some very nice people, staff as well, always there to help if needed, thank you.

I would recommend Gorton Park to anybody requiring intermediate care. The staff provide a very high standard of care, nothing is too much trouble for them and they meet your needs very efficiently.

Excellent care, will miss everyone enjoyed every minute of care.

The overall service I have received by the staff at Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home in Gorton has been fantastic. The staff have treated me with dignity. The rooms are very clean and the choice of food provided is excellent.

I would recommend Gorton Parks to anyone all high quality and cannot fault anything.

I have found care very good, the carers are very kind help is always at hand. I love being kept clean which is always important to me. I have been frightened at the tales I have heard but everything has surprised me.

This service was just what I needed at the time of my illness. I was cared for and made to feel secure. I became more confident and able to do things for myself with the appropriate supervision and encouragement. Everybody was very welcoming and friendly and I am grateful for the care I received. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend that this service continues.

I found all the people I met who work in Gorton Park, especially the ones in Delamere Park Unit, which I was in, to be pleasant, helpful and thoughtful and to be willing to help if you needed it. Plus, you were always greeted every day with a smile and a 'good morning' which is guaranteed to make anyone's day. The 'unit' is very well run and all the staff seem to be very happy.

My name is Alice and I have been staying at the care home and I can say I have been very well looked after. I have had a broken leg and it is getting better with all the attention. I am very pleased with all the staff, who have been perfect with me and my broken leg.

After breaking my leg and having a full plaster cast on I was unable to return home. I was a bit unsure of what to expect when they said I would be transferred to a home. I had no need to worry at all. The staff, carers, everything was brilliant. Thanks for looking after me. All my love Yvonne.

First class in every way - the accommodation is attractive and welcoming and the food is hot and appetising and varied. The staff willing to help in any and every way and quick to come to your aid. I cold enjoy a holiday there.

Submit a Review for Gorton Parks Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Gorton Parks Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Gorton Parks Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gorton Parks Care Home