Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home, Gorton, Manchester, Greater Manchester
Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home
Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home

Tel: 0161 220 9243

Gorton Parks Nursing Home specialises in a number of care forms, these include residential and nursing care, nursing dementia care and palliative care, as well as convalescence and respite.

A refurbishment and upgrade programme has made the most of the building’s care potential and enhanced the homely qualities. Quality furnishings and views of landscaped gardens add to residents’ satisfaction.

Meals are made to suit taste and dietary requirements, enjoyed in traditional dining rooms or else in the privacy of residents’ own bedrooms.

Many occasions and events add to home life, with residents supported in pursuing hobbies and interests of their choice.

Person in charge: Margaret Reeves (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Manchester City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 148 residents

Languages Spoken (other than English): French, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home

Recommendation Score: 9 (9.018)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 9 for Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Tuesday 1 July 2014 by Mildred C (Resident)

This service was just what I needed at the time of my illness. I was cared for and made to feel secure. I became more confident and able to do things for myself with the appropriate supervision and encouragement. Everybody was very welcoming and friendly and I am grateful for the care I received. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend that this service continues.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Thursday 12 June 2014 by Margaret C (Resident)

I found all the people I met who work in Gorton Park, especially the ones in Delamere Park Unit, which I was in, to be pleasant, helpful and thoughtful and to be willing to help if you needed it. Plus, you were always greeted every day with a smile and a 'good morning' which is guaranteed to make anyone's day. The 'unit' is very well run and all the staff seem to be very happy.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Wednesday 14 May 2014 by Alice H (Resident (Delamere House))

My name is Alice and I have been staying at the care home and I can say I have been very well looked after. I have had a broken leg and it is getting better with all the attention. I am very pleased with all the staff, who have been perfect with me and my broken leg.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Tuesday 6 May 2014 by Yvonne Atkinson (Resident)

After breaking my leg and having a full plaster cast on I was unable to return home. I was a bit unsure of what to expect when they said I would be transferred to a home. I had no need to worry at all. The staff, carers, everything was brilliant. Thanks for looking after me. All my love Yvonne.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Tuesday 6 May 2014 by Rita Allcock (Resident)

First class in every way - the accommodation is attractive and welcoming and the food is hot and appetising and varied. The staff willing to help in any and every way and quick to come to your aid. I cold enjoy a holiday there.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Wednesday 15 January 2014 by Elsie Kelly (Service user)

I have really enjoyed my stay on Gorton Parks, the staff are all really nice and welcoming. They have been so supportive and caring. I really can't thank the staff here enough.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Wednesday 15 January 2014 by Margaret Lear (Service user)

I have found my stay here to be a happy one. The staff have been very good to me and work very hard. I find that the food is good and brings conversation to the table. What a great place to stay at, especially in my time of need.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Wednesday 15 January 2014 by Brenda Wooliscroft (Service user)

The home and the staff are excellent. The staff really went beyond the call of duty to help, when I first came to Delamere I needed a lot of help, not just with everyday care but also with my confidence and my anxiety. When I leave I will feel sad to go but I also fee like a brand new women.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Thursday 12 December 2013 by Joyce Pollitt (Service user)

Everything is excellent - could not make any improvements. I am very happy with all the care and attention. Everywhere is lovely and clean.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Thursday 12 December 2013 by Brenda Wooliscroft (Resident)

Nothing can improve this home, everything is spot on. Staff are always smiling and very polite. The home is lovely and clean, and I am happy with the care and attention given.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Thursday 28 November 2013 by Vicki Whittington (Niece of resident)

I would really recommend this nursing home. Everything about it is first class. The staff are amazing and really care for the residents. If there are any problems at all they deal with it straight away. It is a lovely place, spotlessly clean and tidy. Everybody always have smiles on their faces. I don't have to worry because I know my aunty is really being looked after.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Thursday 21 November 2013 by Lee Hughes (Son of resident)

Would recommend the 5 star service all/any gets.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Tuesday 19 November 2013 by John D (resident)

It is a very nice place to stay and the staff are so helpful. I enjoy watching TV and reading and, when I can, going out shopping.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Monday 18 November 2013 by Esmena M (resident)

Staff here treat me very nicely and my meals are always on time. I wish I could stay here.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Monday 18 November 2013 by Joyce C (Wife of resident)

A nice home in nice gardens, only 10 mins from a train and bus service. Pleasant staff, and very helpful.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Friday 15 November 2013 by Stanley H (Husband of resident)

We cannot express how grateful we are to the staff who work at Gorton Park. They welcome everyone with open arms and really go above and beyond the call of duty. The level of care my wife has received here has been excellent. The staff make a special effort to include all residents and visitors in activities and they are never too busy to stop for a quick friendly chat. The staff here are truly what makes the care home a home.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Friday 15 November 2013 by Roy I (Son in Law of Resident)

My mother in Law, my aunt and uncle are residents in Ashbrook Care home. I find it a very homely place. the staff and management are excellent.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Friday 15 November 2013 by Irene R (Resident)

I have found my stay here very pleasant and the staff are all very kind and helpful.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Friday 15 November 2013 by Margaret I (Resident)

I have found my stay very nice. all staff have been very good with supporting me with all my needs.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Tuesday 12 November 2013 by Brian Corrigan (Son of Resident)

The staff at Sunny Brow House are first class. They do a great job of looking after my mum, Ellen. A big thank you to them all.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Thursday 7 November 2013 by Eileen Dinan (Resident)

Would recommend

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Thursday 7 November 2013 by John Featherstone (Son of resident)

I would recommend Gorton Parks because the staff on my dads unit are excellent.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Thursday 7 November 2013 by June Worrall (Daughter in law)

I have found mum was very happy and very well cared for in this care home. We were more than happy to leave her in your very excellent care.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Thursday 7 November 2013 by Carol Goodall (Daughter)

I would be more than happy to recommend this care home to anybody. In the years my mother has been a resident I have never had any problems. She is always clean, well dressed and well looked after by a team of carers who are always polite, happy and professional in there daily work.

Review of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home on Thursday 7 November 2013 by James Alan Readett (Service user)

Excellent service - friendly atmosphere.

Submit a Recommendation for Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gorton Parks Nursing and Residential Home