Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox

Thompson Street, Collyhurst, Manchester M4 5FY

Group: Turning Point

Person in charge: Louise Ford (Deputy Operations Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Manchester City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 22 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Substance Misuse • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Challenging Behaviour • Drug Dependence (past or present)

Admission Information: Ages from 18 to 65.

Facilities & Services: Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox: click here

8.2 Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.191)

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox is based on 1 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.191 is made up of a Quality Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 3.191 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

• The maximum Review Score for a care home / service is 10 and it is based on the published Reviews in the last 2 years. When a Review is submitted by someone who has previously submitted a Review, only the latest Review will count towards the Review Score.

The Review Score of 8.191 for Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox is based on 1 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 5 for Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox is calculated as follows: ( (12 Excellents x 5) ) ÷ 12 Ratings = 5

The Quantity Score of 3.191 for Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 1 Positive Reviews = 0.100

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox?

Reviewer Connection to Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox

From the moment I walked in I was greeted by very friendly staff who made me feel more relaxed. Everything was explained about what was happening where and when and by whom and the reasons why. I was shown around the facility and taken to my room to settle in. Various staff checked on me regularly until the medications I needed and the injection had been done. Everything was extremely organised and increased my confidence in to venturing from my room to meet other clients - all of which were welcoming and willing to explain their reasons for being there and asking me mine (but saying that I didn't have to if I didn't want to). I told them anyway - alcohol. Anyway, I had already decided to attend every single session available and I did. I learned so much about my addiction and myself it is unbelievable! The group sessions were inspirational and some very useful information was passed on between the clients who attended. I found myself talking others into going to the sessions and when they turned their nose up I'd say "well what else have you got to do?". I would highly recommend that clients attended all that is on offer because they really give your mood a great boost and helps you to relax with others which is why it's such a lovely, friendly atmosphere.

Basically when I was admitted on 19th May 2015 I was an ashamed and anxious person with no confidence in myself, looking gaunt and feeling like rubbish.

When I left on 26th May 2015 I was happy, feeling good about myself, more confident, eating well and fully backed with support 24 hours a day.

I WANT TO REALLY THANK ALL THE STAFF AT SMITHFIELD INCLUDING DOMESTIC STAFF FOR BEING REALLY NICE, MORE THAN HELPFUL AND NATURALLY A BUNCH OF FRIENDLY, CARING PEOPLE.

I feel FANTASTIC and although I did it myself I couldn't have done it without your brilliant support.

Thank you so much. Please feel free to pass this on to anyone.

Happy regards

Lisa Mears

How likely would you be to recommend Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox? Extremely Likely

No Average Rating is available*

Submit a Review for Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox