Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox

Thompson Street, Collyhurst, Manchester M4 5FY

Group: Turning Point

Person in charge: Louise Ford (Deputy Operations Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Manchester City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 22 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Substance Misuse • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Challenging Behaviour • Drug Dependence (past or present)

Admission Information: Ages from 18 to 65.

Facilities & Services: Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.2 for Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox

From the moment I walked in I was greeted by very friendly staff who made me feel more relaxed. Everything was explained about what was happening where and when and by whom and the reasons why. I was shown around the facility and taken to my room to settle in. Various staff checked on me regularly until the medications I needed and the injection had been done. Everything was extremely organised and increased my confidence in to venturing from my room to meet other clients - all of which were welcoming and willing to explain their reasons for being there and asking me mine (but saying that I didn't have to if I didn't want to). I told them anyway - alcohol. Anyway, I had already decided to attend every single session available and I did. I learned so much about my addiction and myself it is unbelievable! The group sessions were inspirational and some very useful information was passed on between the clients who attended. I found myself talking others into going to the sessions and when they turned their nose up I'd say "well what else have you got to do?". I would highly recommend that clients attended all that is on offer because they really give your mood a great boost and helps you to relax with others which is why it's such a lovely, friendly atmosphere. Basically when I was admitted on 19th May 2015 I was an ashamed and anxious person with no confidence in myself, looking gaunt and feeling like rubbish. When I left on 26th May 2015 I was happy, feeling good about myself, more confident, eating well and fully backed with support 24 hours a day. I WANT TO REALLY THANK ALL THE STAFF AT SMITHFIELD INCLUDING DOMESTIC STAFF FOR BEING REALLY NICE, MORE THAN HELPFUL AND NATURALLY A BUNCH OF FRIENDLY, CARING PEOPLE. I feel FANTASTIC and although I did it myself I couldn't have done it without your brilliant support. Thank you so much. Please feel free to pass this on to anyone. Happy regards Lisa Mears

How likely would you be to recommend Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox? Extremely likely

Submit a Recommendation for Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox

There are no jobs posted yet for Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Smithfield Alcohol and Drug Inpatient Detox