Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home, Castleton, Rochdale, Greater Manchester

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home offers personalised solutions for residential care, general nursing care, specialist residential dementia care and dementia nursing care, as well as help for adults with Parkinson’s disease. The team are experienced in long-term solutions and respite needs, alongside convalescence and palliative care.

The home is well-located to support residents’ pursuit of an active and independent lifestyle, while the location itself is scenic and relaxing just a short distance from Rochdale. The landscaped gardens are wheelchair-friendly and include a furnished patio area.

Residents can choose to dine in traditional dining rooms or in the privacy of their own rooms, with meals that are prepared to suit their personal taste and diet.

Visiting entertainers add to the home’s vibrant social atmosphere, and there are many social clubs, outings and further activities that residents can enjoy such as baking and sing-along afternoons.

Person in charge: Rose Elward (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 150 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken (other than English): Punjabi, Hindi

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.9 for Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Wednesday 13 August 2014 by Jennifer Starlie (Mother of Resident)

I couldn't have asked for a better home for my mum. When we made the extremely difficult decision to put mum into a residential home, the staff at Carders Court were so understanding and are always so lovely and towards mum. As mum suffers from Alzheimers disease, she has lost a lot of her personal care ability however the staff there always make sure her hair is done and nails painted, just hoe she would have wanted it.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Wednesday 28 May 2014 by Lynne Hill (Daughter of resident)

We would recommend Carders Court, Rochdale to anyone. The care they give to mum is second to none. They have given her back her sparkle and sense of fun, and made her feel totally safe. Thank you.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Friday 2 May 2014 by Vivien S (Daughter of resident)

I would recommend Carders Court to friends. The manager of the unit my mum lives in is very caring and approachable, which gives me confidence to leave my mum in her care.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Thursday 1 May 2014 by Jack A (Nephew of resident)

Could not have wished for more. Care received excellent.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Tuesday 29 April 2014 by Shelia Thompson (Daughter of resident)

My mum has been a resident in Carders Court for nearly 4 years now. Initially in Garfield and then in Brookfield, where all staff are lead by a manager who along with them treat the residents with kindness and dignity. Therefore I would have no hesitation in recommending Carders Court to any potential occupant.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Thursday 17 April 2014 by Kathryn Fallows (Resident's Daughter)

My Mum has been in Brookfield at Carder's Court for 7 years and suffers from Alzheimer's. Over the years the staff have looked after Mum with care, compassion and with lots of humour. At times it is difficult to keep going to see her but I know that she is well looked after and they contact me immediately if there is an issue. The Unit is kept clean and has been re-decorated on several occasions over the years. It is like a family! Families are made to feel welcome on the Unit and can visit unannounced. It is never easy to see a loved one enter a care home but I believe the staff on Brookfield do make it as easy as possible and welcome residents and family. I have recommended Brookfield to friends and one contacted me and said that it was the best decision he could have made.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Friday 21 March 2014 by Barbara W (Resident)

After a recent short stay at Carders Court I would like to thank the staff of Rakewood House for their kindness and attention given to me. I can only praise the whole of the staff for their care.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Thursday 20 March 2014 by Susan B (Daughter of Resident)

The home is clean and tidy. The staff are friendly.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Tuesday 4 March 2014 by R.B. Dale (Relative)

My husband is a resident on Arkwright House. I would like to say a big thank you to every member of staff who made Christmas day such an enjoyable event. Nothing was too much trouble. The Chef at Carders Court is excellent and is to be commended. I am very happy with the care provided, not only to my husband, but also to the support the staff show to me.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Friday 10 January 2014 by John F (Resident)

I have been a resident at Carders Court since September 2013. I cannot praise the staff enough for their dedication in providing the highest standard of care for me. The care I have received from the whole team has been exemplary. I was very poorly and needed a lot of care when I arrived and I have not been disappointed at any level. Excellent!

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Thursday 12 December 2013 by Howard Matthew (Friend of resident)

I am a self employed gardener who has an elderly customer Mrs Peters who after having several bad falls in her own home has been admitted to Carders court Rochdale. I have always enjoyed a very good relationship with Mrs Peters and had noticed over a few months how weak and frail she was becoming whilst living on her own!! But she refused help as she was a very independent lady. After learning that she was at Carders court I called to visit Mrs Peters to see how she was,on arrival the 1st thing I noticed was how clean the home was and how friendly the lady on reception was and how quickly she directed me to Mrs Peters. After arriving at Mrs Peters' block I was pleased to see the level of security and how you had to log in and gain access via an assistant who then led me to Mrs peters' room I spoke to 3 members of staff who were all very friendly. When I set eyes on Mrs Peters I could not believe the difference she was clean and tidy,warm and comfortable with a big smile on her face !! After speaking to her I found her to be happy and very content she never stopped telling me how fabulous it was and how well she was being treated how many activities there were for her to do and trips arranged for her to attend. I was very pleased with what I saw and very happy at what a difference I saw in Mrs Peters.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Thursday 31 October 2013 by Gloria Pritchard (Daughter of resident)

I have found Carders Court to be excellent. All problems that are brought up are addressed. Our mother is very happy here.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Monday 28 October 2013 by David Wilkinson (Son of Resident)

Both my wife and myself were absolutely delighted with the standard of care given by all the staff to my mother during her time in Garfield House. They showed a great amount of kindness, caring in every way, always pleasant and nothing was too much trouble, even though my mother needed extra care and attention due to her health problems. The staff worked very well as a team and were always polite and pleasant to us when we visited mum.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Sunday 22 September 2013 by Gill Murphy (Relative of care home resident)

My Mum moved from sheltered accommodation to Carders Court in April 2013. Mum suffers from dementia and the time had come where the carers, the warden and myself felt she needed 24 hr care. It was a very difficult decision and I was quite worried that I would not be able to find a home that would care for my Mum to a standard I would be happy with. I had no experience of care homes and had only ever heard negative things about them. I visited Brookfield, a unit within Carders Court and was immediately impressed with the friendly staff and I was given a tour round by the manager of the unit and was made to feel very welcome. The manager spent a lot of time with me answering all my questions and providing me with all the information I needed to know about the unit. I came home feeling very positive. After visits to other care homes in the area I decided Carders Court was where I wanted my Mum to be. I was quite upset on the day Mum moved in but the staff where fantastic, very understanding and supportive. I have been very happy with Mum's care ever since, she is being well fed, kept very clean and the staff coordinate her clothes every day. Previous to Mum living at the home she had not been out of her flat for 3 years and in August I accompanied her on day trip to Knowlsley Safari Park along with staff and other residents, it was so lovely to be out with my Mum pushing her round the safari park in her wheel chair, I never though I would do things like that with her ever again. I work shifts and visit Mum at all different times of the day and I am always made to feel welcome and part of the unit. The staff are very patient and caring and I leave the home after visiting with peace of mind that I am leaving my Mum in kind caring hands.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Friday 5 July 2013 by Sue Kent (daughter of resident)

Dad and I chose Carders Court to provide rehabilitation for Mum after a bad fall and even chose her residential care room whilst she was still in hospital. Unfortunately Mum deteriorated and when she was eventually discharged from hospital it was for palliative care in the Carders Court nursing unit. Although Mum was only at Carders for 2 weeks we truly believe we couldn't have found anywhere better for her. Every single member of staff cares so much and supported every member of our family whilst looking after Mum in her final days. The nursing staff in particular fill you with confidence, they allow you to be comfortable that they have your relatives best interests at heart and will do everything in their power to make their stay as pain free and calming as possible. Dad described the staff as angels and we can't thank them enough for everything they did for Mum at the end of her life.

Review of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home on Tuesday 2 July 2013 by Nicola Chapman (Niece of service user)

I recently chose Carders Court to provide end of life care for my auntie following a diagnosis of lung cancer. As a family we were aware that Auntie had only a matter of days/weeks left to live and wanted to find somewhere that would provide excellent nursing care but also a loving and welcoming home for her last days. Carders Court staff provided excellent nursing care for my Auntie and ensured she was comfortable, pain free and dignified until she passed away peacefully. They provided a loving environment and were dedicated to making her feel at home and safe. The staff ensured all family and friends were welcome and looked after us just as well as auntie. I would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for expert nursing care whilst maintaining a loving/caring environment.

Submit a Recommendation for Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home