Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home, Rochdale, Greater Manchester

Carders Court offers personalised solutions for residential care, general nursing care, specialist residential dementia care and dementia nursing care, as well as help for adults with Parkinson’s disease. The team are experienced in long-term solutions and respite needs, alongside convalescence and palliative care.

The home is well-located to support residents’ pursuit of an active and independent lifestyle, while the location itself is scenic and relaxing just a short distance from Rochdale. The landscaped gardens are wheelchair-friendly and include a furnished patio area.

Residents can choose to dine in traditional dining rooms or in the privacy of their own rooms, with meals that are prepared to suit their personal taste and diet.

Visiting entertainers add to the home’s vibrant social atmosphere, and there are many social clubs, outings and further activities that residents can enjoy such as baking and sing-along afternoons.

Person in charge: Lesley Ellis (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 150 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Hindi, Panjabi, Punjabi

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.9 for Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home) is based on 17 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

Our comments are of the highest regarding Lyndon House (Roy Shufflebatham), he has received the best care and attention. When we arrived always given details regarding progress on change or medication. Always the staff were helpful in every way possible in the interest they took in Ray was shown to everyone. We cannot than the staff enough, in particular Syd - Dave - Delsey - set a high (very) standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home? Extremely likely

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

My Mum went into Carders court in a very bad way after being taken to A&E. During her stay with the help of all the staff she was brought back to her old self and was able to go back into her own home and continue to live independently.

Care of my mother
My 93 year old mother suffers from vascular dementia and has been in Carders Court for 2+ years. She has always been well cared for and treated with respect and dignity. From my point of view I would recommend Carders Court without any hesitation.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

I couldn't have asked for a better home for my mum. When we made the extremely difficult decision to put mum into a residential home, the staff at Carders Court were so understanding and are always so lovely and towards mum. As mum suffers from Alzheimers disease, she has lost a lot of her personal care ability however the staff there always make sure her hair is done and nails painted, just hoe she would have wanted it.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

We would recommend Carders Court, Rochdale to anyone. The care they give to mum is second to none. They have given her back her sparkle and sense of fun, and made her feel totally safe. Thank you.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

I would recommend Carders Court to friends. The manager of the unit my mum lives in is very caring and approachable, which gives me confidence to leave my mum in her care.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

Could not have wished for more. Care received excellent.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

My mum has been a resident in Carders Court for nearly 4 years now. Initially in Garfield and then in Brookfield, where all staff are lead by a manager who along with them treat the residents with kindness and dignity. Therefore I would have no hesitation in recommending Carders Court to any potential occupant.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

My Mum has been in Brookfield at Carder's Court for 7 years and suffers from Alzheimer's. Over the years the staff have looked after Mum with care, compassion and with lots of humour. At times it is difficult to keep going to see her but I know that she is well looked after and they contact me immediately if there is an issue. The Unit is kept clean and has been re-decorated on several occasions over the years. It is like a family! Families are made to feel welcome on the Unit and can visit unannounced. It is never easy to see a loved one enter a care home but I believe the staff on Brookfield do make it as easy as possible and welcome residents and family. I have recommended Brookfield to friends and one contacted me and said that it was the best decision he could have made.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

After a recent short stay at Carders Court I would like to thank the staff of Rakewood House for their kindness and attention given to me. I can only praise the whole of the staff for their care.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

The home is clean and tidy. The staff are friendly.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

My husband is a resident on Arkwright House. I would like to say a big thank you to every member of staff who made Christmas day such an enjoyable event. Nothing was too much trouble. The Chef at Carders Court is excellent and is to be commended. I am very happy with the care provided, not only to my husband, but also to the support the staff show to me.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

I have been a resident at Carders Court since September 2013. I cannot praise the staff enough for their dedication in providing the highest standard of care for me. The care I have received from the whole team has been exemplary. I was very poorly and needed a lot of care when I arrived and I have not been disappointed at any level. Excellent!

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

I am a self employed gardener who has an elderly customer Mrs Peters who after having several bad falls in her own home has been admitted to Carders court Rochdale. I have always enjoyed a very good relationship with Mrs Peters and had noticed over a few months how weak and frail she was becoming whilst living on her own!! But she refused help as she was a very independent lady. After learning that she was at Carders court I called to visit Mrs Peters to see how she was,on arrival the 1st thing I noticed was how clean the home was and how friendly the lady on reception was and how quickly she directed me to Mrs Peters. After arriving at Mrs Peters' block I was pleased to see the level of security and how you had to log in and gain access via an assistant who then led me to Mrs peters' room I spoke to 3 members of staff who were all very friendly. When I set eyes on Mrs Peters I could not believe the difference she was clean and tidy,warm and comfortable with a big smile on her face !! After speaking to her I found her to be happy and very content she never stopped telling me how fabulous it was and how well she was being treated how many activities there were for her to do and trips arranged for her to attend. I was very pleased with what I saw and very happy at what a difference I saw in Mrs Peters.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

I have found Carders Court to be excellent. All problems that are brought up are addressed. Our mother is very happy here.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

Both my wife and myself were absolutely delighted with the standard of care given by all the staff to my mother during her time in Garfield House. They showed a great amount of kindness, caring in every way, always pleasant and nothing was too much trouble, even though my mother needed extra care and attention due to her health problems. The staff worked very well as a team and were always polite and pleasant to us when we visited mum.

Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

My Mum moved from sheltered accommodation to Carders Court in April 2013. Mum suffers from dementia and the time had come where the carers, the warden and myself felt she needed 24 hr care. It was a very difficult decision and I was quite worried that I would not be able to find a home that would care for my Mum to a standard I would be happy with. I had no experience of care homes and had only ever heard negative things about them. I visited Brookfield, a unit within Carders Court and was immediately impressed with the friendly staff and I was given a tour round by the manager of the unit and was made to feel very welcome. The manager spent a lot of time with me answering all my questions and providing me with all the information I needed to know about the unit. I came home feeling very positive. After visits to other care homes in the area I decided Carders Court was where I wanted my Mum to be. I was quite upset on the day Mum moved in but the staff where fantastic, very understanding and supportive. I have been very happy with Mum's care ever since, she is being well fed, kept very clean and the staff coordinate her clothes every day. Previous to Mum living at the home she had not been out of her flat for 3 years and in August I accompanied her on day trip to Knowlsley Safari Park along with staff and other residents, it was so lovely to be out with my Mum pushing her round the safari park in her wheel chair, I never though I would do things like that with her ever again. I work shifts and visit Mum at all different times of the day and I am always made to feel welcome and part of the unit. The staff are very patient and caring and I leave the home after visiting with peace of mind that I am leaving my Mum in kind caring hands.

Submit a Review for Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Carders Court Residential & Nursing Home