Kenyon Lodge, Manchester, Greater Manchester
Kenyon Lodge

Kenyon Lodge care home provides professional care to residents in an environment which allows family members to have peace of mind about the care their loved ones are receiving.

There are 60 single rooms which all have en-suite facilities, and the home provide care for residents who have dementia, and physical disability or old age.

Kenyon Lodge provides nursing care and specialises in providing care for people with Alzheimer’s disease.

Group: Abbey Healthcare Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Emma Wolstencroft (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Salford City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Kenyon Lodge: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.3 for Kenyon Lodge) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Kenyon Lodge

I was anxious at first about my mother moving into a care home and visited a number in the area. I was struck immediately at how nice Kenyon Lodge seemed and how good the staff were with residents, and that first impression has continued. The staff are excellent and cannot do enough for the residents. The home itself is maintained to a high standard.

Kenyon Lodge

My mother has now been in Kenyon Lodge over 2 years & I have found the staff to be very friendly and willing and keep me informed on any matters relating to my mother as soon as I visit, which is every night, nothing is too much trouble no matter how busy. I am kept well informed on any health matters but also they tell me all the funny little stories and chats they have had with my mother during the day. Which I think is good as a relative I find peace of mind when I leave knowing that the staff will talk to my mother & sit with her at times, I know that she is not completely alone once I have left. Putting anyone in a care home is heartbreaking but knowing there is friendly staff is half the problem as relatives need to feel reassured that their loved one is being looked after personally as well as receiving the healthcare they require.

care of my mother
I would and have definitely recommended Kenyon Lodge, to both friends and family. My mam only went in for two weeks respite care initially,having suffered a stroke, and then been hospitalised. She was in residential care upstairs, because even though she had suffered a stroke, it was just her mobility that was affected and she used a zimmer frame.my mam settled in really well so much so that she wanted to stay!,to my relief as well knowing that she was going to get 24hr care, she made one special friend also called Mary,and the carers Paula dot and Tina especially were all angels to my mam. My mam spent just over a year in residential and then unfortunately she had to be hospitalised with a chest infection, Pauline the lovely manager, came to see her in hospital and made arrangements to have my mam moved downstairs into nursing, where she received the same love and care and attention as she had in residential upstairs. For the last six months of her life, my mam was mostly bed ridden and could not eat solid food.It hit me that she was dying when I went to visit her on new years day, and Leanne the senior nurse, told me that they didn't expect her to live over Christmas, I was so thankful to her, and my mam lived until the 4th of April 2014, and on her birthday the 20th of may,we had a little service for her scattered half her ashes and planted a tea rose,my mam loved her cups of tea,i am eternally grateful to all the staff at Kenyon lodge,if she had stayed in her bungalow with just four carers only up until 10 pm at night! I genuinely think she would of only lived for a few months longer. Forever grateful Julie Dore xx.

Submit a Recommendation for Kenyon Lodge

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kenyon Lodge

There are no jobs posted yet for Kenyon Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kenyon Lodge