Parkhill Nursing Home, Stalybridge, Greater Manchester

Parkhill is situated in a semi-rural location between Stalybridge Country Park and the Huddersfield narrow canal. Parkhill benefits from both beautiful country views and easy accessibility from Saddleworth, Greenfield, Delph, Uppermill, Ashton, Mossley, Stalybridge and Oldham.

Originally an impressive late Victorian private residence, Parkhill has been sympathetically extended and fully refurbished to a very high standard. The facilities available enable the home to promote independence, maintain dignity and maximise quality of life for all residents. Residents and their families have the opportunity to enjoy a peaceful garden, patio and pond area.

Parkhill is a dual registered home providing long and short term care for residents with a wide range of needs. Carers provide 24 hour nursing care with an appointed named nurse and key worker, a varied menu and choice of home cooked meals and in house laundry service. In addition they also provide a stimulating timetable of activities and events focused on nurturing their physical and spiritual well-being.
Parkhill continuously strives for excellences in care. All staff are qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 2 within their field of expertise. As a home Parkhill has achieved Investors in People, Dignity in Care, Gold Standards Framework and most recently the excellence in care standard award. They are one of two homes across the country to have achieved this award.

Parkhill pushing boundaries to be the best. Staff will go the extra mile for excellent care.

Owner: Belmont Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Christine Holland (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 33 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Private, Referrals, CHC, Local authority, NHS, Out of area.. Ages 39+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £462 Nursing Care Single from £613

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Parkhill Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Parkhill Nursing Home) is based on 18 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Parkhill Nursing Home

I am really pleased I decided that my mother would be going into Parkhill Nursing Home. All the staff are really caring and look after my mum so well. I do not have to worry about her wellbeing or safety anymore. She is healthier and happier than when she lived at home and I would have no hesitation in recommending Parkhill to anyone who needs a place to keep loved ones safe.

Parkhill Nursing Home

My mother has been in two previous care homes and deteriorated in both, we heard of Park Hill so took a chance on it and found after just one week a change in my mother for the better and has since improved and is happier, kept clean and put on weight and all round contented which is peace of mind for me. The home is clean and smells fresh and the staff greet you with a smile and can tell me anything I need to know about my mother.

A big thank you
The care my father received in the last two weeks of his life was nothing less than amazing, all the staff from the management nurses carers cleaners, everyone was fantastic. The loving care they gave to my dad and to the whole family helped us through this sad time. I would just like to thank all the staff for all their kindness. Many Many Thanks.xx.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkhill Nursing Home? Extremely likely

Parkhill Nursing Home

I would recommend Parkhill as I have been in there for a year in 2006-07 after a serious illness. The staff were very good at helping me to walk, eat by myself etc. I have recently been in again after problems with my hands, this time for respite care and found the care to be very good. The staff are hard working and very friendly. Perhaps the one criticism would be that the showers and toilet facilities need upgrading. A wet room would be very beneficial to enable residents to have regular showers or baths.

Parkhill Nursing Home

I would definitely recommend this home. The surroundings,staff and the care provided are very good. My mother is very happy here, she is treated with dignity.

Parkhill Nursing Home

When my mother needed to be admitted to a care home we viewed several in the Tameside area. Parkhill was far and away the best in all respects. We are extremely happy and relieved for her to be looked after so well. We wold definitely recommend Parkhill.

Parkhill Nursing Home

My mum has settled in very well, the care she receives is excellent, always treated with dignity, lovely clean rooms. Would strongly recommend to anyone for their loves ones.

Parkhill Nursing Home

We would recommend this home to everyone. We are so grateful that mum is there. The care and love are beyond compare and all staff work so hard, no matter how tired they are, the care is there. They pull out all the stops on every occasion. That goes for management as well. Bless them.

Parkhill Nursing Home

I found a nursing home for my ex husband 10 years ago, I was not very happy with it, then it was being closed from nursing and I had to find another. I am so happy, about 3 years ago I found Parkhill. When I entered we were made so welcome, the cleanliness is very good, the staff all seem lovely, caring and very thoughtful. I thought it was more a hotel than a care home. The only smell you get is the beautiful scented aromas, of the course unless someone has used the toilet.

Parkhill Nursing Home

My mother was cared for by the staff at the home for three years. She was treated with dignity, respect, and loving tender care. Her nursing plan was regularly updated, and myself and other members of the family attended frequent reviews. Excellent leadership - maintained high standards. Christine, David, and senior nurses always had time to listen to any queries . Their kindness supported my mum, but also myself and family. Thank goodness for Parkhill.

Parkhill Nursing Home

From the moment I walked through the door of Parkhill Care Home I knew it was the home I wanted my mum to live in, the friendly atmosphere and the caring staff I know my mum would be well looked after, and she is. All the residents are well looked after, I have seen this whilst visiting my mum and I have peace of mind 24/7 knowing she is well looked after.

Parkhill Nursing Home

When you enter the home there is a nice and friendly atmosphere and staff and management are always approachable and caring.

Parkhill Nursing Home

I turned up announced to look around Parkhill initially for 2 weeks respire for my mum. I knew within 5 minutes of entering Parkhill it was the right place. Parkhill became Mum's new home with her staying permanently. Each and every member of staff treated my mum with the utmost respect and dignity and met her individual needs 100%. Parkhill has a lively, friendly atmosphere and is one big happy family. My mum recently passed away on the 27th April 2013. I was so overwhelmed with the care, dignity and respect of the staff of which they gave to my mum in her final days. Parkhill still keeps in touch with me and has invited me back to the fantastic events they put on for residents. I am made so welcome by all the staff when I see them. One of my mum's carers (before Mum moved into Parkhill) went to visit her a few weeks later, she sent me a message after seeing Mum it reads: "Aud looked great today and well cared for, happy and interested in everything around her. She gave me a lovely welcome and I am certain she recognised me as a friend. I shed a little tear when I left her as she looked so pretty - when you look after people you get very close to them, she looked so at home there, safe and happy and amongst new friends." Yours faithfully B. Kenyon

Parkhill Nursing Home

Excellent all round care and service from all staff.

Parkhill Nursing Home

My sister and I have recommended Parkhill to many of our friends for their loved ones. Like us they wanted their parents to be in a safe, secure, and happy environment, knowing when you leave to go home, they will be looked after 100% by caring professional staff. This care home is exactly what it says, a caring home. The management and staff are wonderful and you can approach them with any queries or concerns. Many activities go on through the week, and trips out. The residents are encouraged to join in, but are not forced to do so. The building and gardens are beautiful.

Parkhill Nursing Home

I would fully recommend Parkhill Nursing Home to anyone who needs very good care and attention to their needs, as well as the homely atmosphere and social activities they provide for residents.

Parkhill Nursing Home

The whole atmosphere is warm and friendly. The staff are wonderful nothing is too much trouble for either relative or resident. The residents really enjoy all their activities, especially singing. The home is always spotless and smells nice. Overall I cannot fault anything in this care home, it does what it says 'care'. Thank you.

Parkhill Nursing Home

All management and staff excellent. Home from home. Staff make George feel important. Management are very approachable and nothing is too much trouble.

Submit a Review for Parkhill Nursing Home

Date: Wednesday 28 Nov 2012

There are no jobs posted yet for Parkhill Nursing Home

Christine Holland

Joined: 1990

I am a registered nurse and have worked at Parkhill for 23 years. I am passionate and focused on person centred care.
Qualifications to date:
State Enrolled Nurse, State Registered Nurse.
Registered Managers Award. Safeguarding Adults Manager, Lead in Infection Control and Dignity, moving and handling, Principles of food hygiene, Fire safety, First aid, Level 2 in infection control, Dementia care, Level 3 in palliative care, Level 2 in safe handling of medications.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Parkhill Nursing Home