Belong Wigan, Wigan, Greater Manchester

Belong Wigan, the town’s community village in Millers Lane, is one of the largest purpose-built, high-quality developments in the North West.

The £9 million development includes a bistro, hair and beauty salon, activities room, internet café and a venue that can be used for meetings, parties, cinema evenings and more, complete with licensed bar and catering if required (this room is also available for private hire).

An Activitiy Facilitator also ensures that there is an enjoyable and varied programme of daily activities.

Belong Wigan has specially trained staff to support individuals with dementia, and qualified nursing staff to cater for those residents who require clinical care.

Also available, 54 self-contained apartments.

Group: Belong

Person in charge: Gill Menguy (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 66 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Belong Wigan: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Belong Wigan) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Belong Wigan

Two aspects are very important to residents, safety and care, which are excellent.

Belong Wigan

If only we had got mum here sooner! I cannot begin to say how happy we are with everyone and everything at Belong. For the first time in 10 years I have managed to relax on holiday knowing mum has had the best care whilst I'm away. Thank you so much.

Belong Wigan

My father was cared for with dignity and respect. All my concerns about my dads health were discussed and managed in a way that put me at ease. My father had cancer and dementia and even though he had obvious memory problems he always maintained that he was well looked after and made as comfortable as possible.

Belong Wigan

My mother recently passed away in the care home unit at Belong, whilst my father remains a resident in one of the supported living apartments. My father continues to receive wonderful support, whilst my mother and her immediate family have and loving and professional support of the highest order during the last few weeks. We could not have wanted her to be anywhere else for the last few months of her life. You can have find buildings and facilities but without highly motivated, caring people within them you have nothing. That is not the case at Platt Bridge Belong.

Belong Wigan

Having spent 11 weeks in Royal Liverpool hospital and being convinced I would never see more dedicated staff than those who looked after me at hospital but I was wrong here at Belong Wigan the staff and facilities are amazing I arrived 4 days before Christmas and was immediately treated like one of the family and even though I thought Christmas 2013 was going to be miserable I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was well looked after by truly great staff.

Belong Wigan

The best I could find in the area.

Belong Wigan

I like the small households more as they are more like home, especially as they get to cook meals in their own kitchens! Also, the various activities going on are very good.

Belong Wigan

I am recommending Belong for the care my husband receives on his experience days. The staff are outstanding and always go the extra mile to ensure he is happy and well cared for. We have both benefited so much as Stewart loves coming and I get the chance to do things, knowing he's fine. Thank you Belong!! 5*

Belong Wigan

I live in the apartment, and use the village, bistro, hair salon, and activities. There is always lots going on. I love it.

Belong Wigan

I like living here as the people are friendly and the staff are very good. I like the activities and the care and help given in the community. I feel very safe living here.

Belong Wigan

I recommend Belong because I like the small households which are ideal for Mum who has dementia. I also like the variety of activities and indoor areas that I can join in with Mum. The staff are all very friendly and helpful and there is a cheerful atmosphere about the place.

Belong Wigan

This is a very good care home, all of the staff and carers are very nice.

Belong Wigan

I am satisfied with the care provided. The carers are lovely.

Belong Wigan

I would recommend this village I have lived in a care home before, this is like a hotel.

Belong Wigan

My father suffered from clinical depression and I strongly feel the staff catered for his needs. The improvement in his condition whilst at Belong was noteable, and being able to partially care for himself in his apartment was very beneficial. Staff always friendly and welcoming, even in the Bistro and apartment and 'village'. Nicely decorated, light and airy.

Belong Wigan

Good resident to carer ration ensuring the residents needs are met. Food is varied and of a high standard.

Submit a Recommendation for Belong Wigan

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

October 2012

Best Elderly Care Design Award

Recipient: Belong Wigan

Date: Monday 01 Mar 2010

There are no jobs posted yet for Belong Wigan

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belong Wigan