Belong Wigan, Wigan, Greater Manchester

Belong Wigan, the town’s community village in Millers Lane, is one of the largest purpose-built, high-quality developments in the North West.

The £9 million development includes a bistro, hair and beauty salon, activities room, internet café and a venue that can be used for meetings, parties, cinema evenings and more, complete with licensed bar and catering if required (this room is also available for private hire).

An Activitiy Facilitator also ensures that there is an enjoyable and varied programme of daily activities.

Belong Wigan has specially trained staff to support individuals with dementia, and qualified nursing staff to cater for those residents who require clinical care.

Also available, 54 self-contained apartments.

Group: Belong

Person in charge: Gill Menguy (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 66 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Belong Wigan: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.5 for Belong Wigan) is based on 25 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Belong Wigan

My grandad has been attending a day experience once a week for 9 months and I must say the welcome he got and continues to get every time he comes is excellent. He has got a very good relationship with Tanya and Alison, they give him great company and care for my him. He has dementia and sometimes doesn't want to socialise, but when he comes here he is so relaxed and always goes home with a big smile :)

Belong Wigan

Wonderful staff, warm and friendly. Very caring and hospitable. Helped myself and my family through a very difficult time. Big thanks to all the staff x

Belong Wigan

Excellent set up, caring and happy staff. Always listen to you. Very friendly, makes me feel at home due to being here myself on a daily basis.

Belong Wigan

I have been really impressed with the quality of the apartments- making a safe and homely place to live. The staff in the apartment and Beech House are really friendly and have time to spend with the residents. Glad to have found this place if i ever need it for my parents or me!

Belong Wigan

I recommend this home because it is comfortable, the staff are friendly and caring. It has pleasant gardens and comfortable rooms.

Belong Wigan

I come visit every couple of weeks and its always nice, staff at beech are very welcoming and happy they provide great care and are very kind, they spend time putting on entertainment which is nice to see.

Belong Wigan

My wife whom is terminal is staying at the above home and is on one to one care. She is well looked after buy all the staff, they cannot do anymore than can be expected. She can be a real pain my wife and the patience the staff have with her is first class. I'm really proud of her staying at Belong. I could not ask for anything more.

Belong Wigan

I have found this home to be welcoming and accommodating in many aspects - professionalism, efficiency, courteous service, welcoming atmosphere and a well thought out build. The level of care/attentiveness differs within staff members. I am, on the whole, delighted with the team who attend to my mum. Any query, issue or care concern have been dealt with effectively by management. I feel everyone here is approachable and treats mum, and our family with sensitivity and respect. I would recommend 'Belong at Home' to prospective residents as we are very happy and continue to be since our arrival in November 2014. All visitors/ residents are treated with kindness in a friendly happy environment :)

Belong Wigan

Mum was a resident at Beech House. The care and love extended to her was incredible. This is also true of the support given to me and my sister. We felt part of the family.

Belong Wigan

My husband goes to experience days at Belong 5 days of the week. I can't express in words how wonderful Belong is. The place is absolutely lovely, like a 5 star hotel, wonderful facilities, building layout and ambience. Most important the staff and manager, they are truly brilliant. The managers great and the experience day staff are just amazing, they always go the extra mile, just superb!!!!!! Belong has been a lifeline for my husband and myself, and I can't praise it enough. Thank you Belong.

Belong Wigan

Two aspects are very important to residents, safety and care, which are excellent.

Belong Wigan

If only we had got mum here sooner! I cannot begin to say how happy we are with everyone and everything at Belong. For the first time in 10 years I have managed to relax on holiday knowing mum has had the best care whilst I'm away. Thank you so much.

Belong Wigan

My father was cared for with dignity and respect. All my concerns about my dads health were discussed and managed in a way that put me at ease. My father had cancer and dementia and even though he had obvious memory problems he always maintained that he was well looked after and made as comfortable as possible.

Belong Wigan

My mother recently passed away in the care home unit at Belong, whilst my father remains a resident in one of the supported living apartments. My father continues to receive wonderful support, whilst my mother and her immediate family have and loving and professional support of the highest order during the last few weeks. We could not have wanted her to be anywhere else for the last few months of her life. You can have find buildings and facilities but without highly motivated, caring people within them you have nothing. That is not the case at Platt Bridge Belong.

Belong Wigan

Having spent 11 weeks in Royal Liverpool hospital and being convinced I would never see more dedicated staff than those who looked after me at hospital but I was wrong here at Belong Wigan the staff and facilities are amazing I arrived 4 days before Christmas and was immediately treated like one of the family and even though I thought Christmas 2013 was going to be miserable I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was well looked after by truly great staff.

Belong Wigan

The best I could find in the area.

Belong Wigan

I like the small households more as they are more like home, especially as they get to cook meals in their own kitchens! Also, the various activities going on are very good.

Belong Wigan

I live in the apartment, and use the village, bistro, hair salon, and activities. There is always lots going on. I love it.

Belong Wigan

I like living here as the people are friendly and the staff are very good. I like the activities and the care and help given in the community. I feel very safe living here.

Belong Wigan

I recommend Belong because I like the small households which are ideal for Mum who has dementia. I also like the variety of activities and indoor areas that I can join in with Mum. The staff are all very friendly and helpful and there is a cheerful atmosphere about the place.

Belong Wigan

This is a very good care home, all of the staff and carers are very nice.

Belong Wigan

I am satisfied with the care provided. The carers are lovely.

Belong Wigan

I would recommend this village I have lived in a care home before, this is like a hotel.

Belong Wigan

My father suffered from clinical depression and I strongly feel the staff catered for his needs. The improvement in his condition whilst at Belong was noteable, and being able to partially care for himself in his apartment was very beneficial. Staff always friendly and welcoming, even in the Bistro and apartment and 'village'. Nicely decorated, light and airy.

Belong Wigan

Good resident to carer ration ensuring the residents needs are met. Food is varied and of a high standard.

Submit a Review for Belong Wigan

Best Elderly Care Design Award

Recipient: Belong Wigan

Date: Monday 01 Mar 2010

Community Support Worker

£7.13 - £7.35 per hour (Other • Full Time)
Wigan, Greater Manchester

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belong Wigan