Belong Wigan, Wigan, Greater Manchester

Belong Wigan, the town’s community village in Millers Lane, is one of the largest purpose-built, high-quality developments in the North West.

The £9 million development includes a bistro, hair and beauty salon, activities room, internet café and a venue that can be used for meetings, parties, cinema evenings and more, complete with licensed bar and catering if required (this room is also available for private hire).

An Activitiy Facilitator also ensures that there is an enjoyable and varied programme of daily activities.

Belong Wigan has specially trained staff to support individuals with dementia, and qualified nursing staff to cater for those residents who require clinical care.

Also available, 54 self-contained apartments.

Group: Belong

Person in charge: Gill Menguy (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 66 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Belong Wigan: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Belong Wigan is based on 15 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.314 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.859 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.455 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.3 for Belong Wigan is based on 15 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.859 for Belong Wigan is calculated as follows: ( (129 Excellents x 5) + (19 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 149 Ratings = 4.859

The Quantity Score of 4.455 for Belong Wigan is calculated as follows:

Thanks to the manager and all of the staff especially the lead support workers and support workers who have been so outstanding in the care and support of the family and most of all my father in law whom passed a few days ago. We cannot thank the staff enough and would not want him or my family anywhere else in their final days. You all will be in our memory forever with your kindness.

How likely would you be to recommend Belong Wigan? Extremely Likely

Tracy, Marketing Assistant at Belong Wigan responded to this review on 11 Sep 2015:

Thank you for your lovely comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to give this feedback and we are happy that we were able to offer support for you and your family during this difficult time.

My grandad has been attending a day experience once a week for 9 months and I must say the welcome he got and continues to get every time he comes is excellent. He has got a very good relationship with Tanya and Alison, they give him great company and care for my him. He has dementia and sometimes doesn't want to socialise, but when he comes here he is so relaxed and always goes home with a big smile :)

Wonderful staff, warm and friendly. Very caring and hospitable. Helped myself and my family through a very difficult time. Big thanks to all the staff x

Excellent set up, caring and happy staff. Always listen to you. Very friendly, makes me feel at home due to being here myself on a daily basis.

I have been really impressed with the quality of the apartments- making a safe and homely place to live. The staff in the apartment and Beech House are really friendly and have time to spend with the residents. Glad to have found this place if i ever need it for my parents or me!

I recommend this home because it is comfortable, the staff are friendly and caring. It has pleasant gardens and comfortable rooms.

I come visit every couple of weeks and its always nice, staff at beech are very welcoming and happy they provide great care and are very kind, they spend time putting on entertainment which is nice to see.

My wife whom is terminal is staying at the above home and is on one to one care. She is well looked after buy all the staff, they cannot do anymore than can be expected. She can be a real pain my wife and the patience the staff have with her is first class. I'm really proud of her staying at Belong. I could not ask for anything more.

I have found this home to be welcoming and accommodating in many aspects - professionalism, efficiency, courteous service, welcoming atmosphere and a well thought out build. The level of care/attentiveness differs within staff members. I am, on the whole, delighted with the team who attend to my mum. Any query, issue or care concern have been dealt with effectively by management. I feel everyone here is approachable and treats mum, and our family with sensitivity and respect. I would recommend 'Belong at Home' to prospective residents as we are very happy and continue to be since our arrival in November 2014. All visitors/ residents are treated with kindness in a friendly happy environment :)

Mum was a resident at Beech House. The care and love extended to her was incredible. This is also true of the support given to me and my sister. We felt part of the family.

My husband goes to experience days at Belong 5 days of the week. I can't express in words how wonderful Belong is. The place is absolutely lovely, like a 5 star hotel, wonderful facilities, building layout and ambience. Most important the staff and manager, they are truly brilliant.
The managers great and the experience day staff are just amazing, they always go the extra mile, just superb!!!!!!
Belong has been a lifeline for my husband and myself, and I can't praise it enough. Thank you Belong.

Two aspects are very important to residents, safety and care, which are excellent.

If only we had got mum here sooner! I cannot begin to say how happy we are with everyone and everything at Belong. For the first time in 10 years I have managed to relax on holiday knowing mum has had the best care whilst I'm away. Thank you so much.

My father was cared for with dignity and respect. All my concerns about my dads health were discussed and managed in a way that put me at ease. My father had cancer and dementia and even though he had obvious memory problems he always maintained that he was well looked after and made as comfortable as possible.

My mother recently passed away in the care home unit at Belong, whilst my father remains a resident in one of the supported living apartments. My father continues to receive wonderful support, whilst my mother and her immediate family have and loving and professional support of the highest order during the last few weeks. We could not have wanted her to be anywhere else for the last few months of her life. You can have find buildings and facilities but without highly motivated, caring people within them you have nothing. That is not the case at Platt Bridge Belong.

Submit a Review for Belong Wigan

Best Elderly Care Design Award

Recipient: Belong Wigan

Date: Monday 01 Mar 2010

There are no jobs posted yet for Belong Wigan

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belong Wigan