Mersey Parks Care Home, Liverpool, Merseyside

Built for the sole purpose of providing care for older people, Mersey Parks provides nursing care, residential care and respite as well as services for those requiring convalescence, palliative care and also specialist Parkinson’s disease care.

With dementia specialists on the team of professional staff, the home can provide personalised care to all residents. Facilities include a hair salon, conservatory, and sensory garden which are beneficial to all who use them.

Mealtimes are an important part of care objectives and the chef works hard to provide hot and cold options that are satisfying and nutritious. Residents are able to choose snacks from the Nite Bite menu or enjoy home-made cakes daily with afternoon tea.

Regardless of ability, residents can partake in stimulating and interesting activities which include reminiscence therapy, arts and crafts and beauty therapy.

Person in charge: Marie Akkoyun (Interim Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Liverpool City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 150 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Mersey Parks Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.2 for Mersey Parks Care Home is based on 21 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.152 is made up of 4.872 Points relating to the ratings and 4.28 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Lovely place, I could say all kinds of nice things. The atmosphere is wonderful. The manager of Princes and all her staff are helpful and friendly in everyway. It's close to home and i'm kept involved with my care. It's very clean and I've made a lot of friends. Staff are all my number one, I can't thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Mersey Parks Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

As far as I can see from my experience of visits, my mother is very well cared for, to the best of the team of staffs ability. Staff are friendly with an excellent attitude towards residents. I am reassured that my mothers needs are met on a daily basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Mersey Parks Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Always very clean and bright. My father has been treated very well by all members of staff who I have encountered over the last year. I also notice all of the people who live in Mersey Parks are treated with respect and dignity even if their families are around. My father asks the same question about why he is here and the staff are very patient. Access to doctors hairdressers etc seems very well organised. I do not live in Liverpool and am not able to see my father as often as I would like. But knowing I can call and speak to someone is very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Mersey Parks Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Wonderful! Staff are great, food is great very friendly place, very relaxing. The attention we receive is very good. The staff are very helpful. My condition and my wellbeing has greatly improved since my stay on princes. Nothing is too much trouble for the manager or the activity staff. All the staff are amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Mersey Parks Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

All round service is excellent. Staff are absolutely wonderful.

My auntie came from hospital stay for rehab care in Calderstones Unit, quite poorly and frail at the start of her stay. She had improved physically and mentally at the end of just a week of care. She was very comfortable with all staff involved in her care and said how 'lovely' they all were. We would second that, her personal care was excellent and the genuine friendliness and care about how she was evident to us. Everyone did that little bit extra in their care of her.

How likely would you be to recommend Mersey Parks Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I would like to say how much I enjoyed my stay here. The staff here are brilliant. I would recommend to my friends and family, it is such a nice place.

How likely would you be to recommend Mersey Parks Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My Godmother has been a resident here for over a year now. The care my Godmother receives is excellent - the staff are caring and friendly, they run numerous activities for the residents - the staff are always smiling and happy. The setting itself is clean and welcoming. I would highly recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Mersey Parks Care Home? Likely

When visiting my great aunt on Sefton, I found the staff very friendly and welcoming. My great aunt was very happy and contented.

My dad has been well taken care of in this home. The staff and services are excellent very friendly and so much understanding.

Very nice staff, very helpful and friendly. Food very nice. Rooms are clean and spacious.

How likely would you be to recommend Mersey Parks Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I would definitely recommend Mersey Parks to anyone who has a family member with dementia because it is like a home from home, the atmosphere is lovely as soon as you come through the door, and you can be with your loved one as long as you like. All the staff always have a smile for you and word about your loved one and hoe they are getting on. One word for it BRILLIANT.

How likely would you be to recommend Mersey Parks Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I think Mersey Park is fantastic, its caring staff are wonderful. Entertainment is really great, everyone is helpful and can't do enough for you. I have had wonderful care and can't praise the staff enough.
The pub is a great way to socialise and we all get together and have a wonderful time.

Sweeney Todds should open more often, I enjoy my time. Gets you out.

Enjoy all activities, gets you off the unit, I go to all the activities.

Smashing place. Have a lovely time.

Going out is the best walking along laughing and singing. Love all activities, can not get enough of them, keeps you busy.

I like all the activities, I go to all sessions, it keeps me occupied.

Great, fantastic. Enjoy our selves, its a break from the units.

The pub is great, all the residents come together and we all have a great time and its made us one big happy family.

I had several falls at home then I came here, Its like another world, everyone is so kind and I'm well looked after.

Submit a Review for Mersey Parks Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Mersey Parks Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Mersey Parks Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mersey Parks Care Home