Elm House, Southport, Merseyside

Elm House is a luxury nursing home with over 30 years reputation of providing the highest standards of care and facilities. Elm House is tastefully decorated and furnished to create a gracious, elegant and comfortable environment.

Elm House provides 30 large, single en-suite bedrooms which are furnished to a high standard. Our elegant communal rooms, include a beautiful sitting and dining room with a conservatory, as well as a modern lounge with direct access onto our beautifully landscaped garden.

We have a dedicated activities coordinator who ensures that there is always something to do to suit all tastes. Our activities include: exercise sessions, reminiscence sessions, bingo, quizzes and more. We also regularly employ musical entertainers at the home at weekends.

We are especially proud of our brand new therapy suite. Our in house therapist is trained in alternative therapies including, Reiki hand and foot massage and meditation.

We have established a particularly good reputation for our extensive mouth-watering cuisine. Our cook is always willing to pull out the stops for residents special occasions and parties.

If you are looking for a truly magnificent nursing home for yourself, a friend or a relative please contact our matron Breda Hickey for further details or to arrange a viewing of this reputable care home.

Owner: Premcard Ltd

Person in charge: Breda Hickey (Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sefton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 30 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Asperger Syndrome • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Malay

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £510 – £635

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Elm House: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.7 for Elm House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Elm House

My father in law was admitted to the home due to his deteriorating health, and through the three weeks he was there, he was always treated with respect and dignity. Our visits were always welcomed, regardless of time of day, and by all the staff who were supportive and helpful at all times. Their help and support being very much appreciated, through the difficult times to the eventual passing of my father in law.

Elm House

I was very impressed with the quality of care delivered. Also very impressed with the meal preparation. My Father-in-law always enjoyed his food right up to when he died. Staff were always very courteous and friendly. The Matron (Breda) was extremely helpful and very supportive when my Father-in-law died. R.I.P. Any person asking me if I could recommend a nursing home I always recommend Elm House. I felt very lucky to have found such a good home. My Father-in-law was bed bound so did not participate in the activities available.

How likely would you be to recommend Elm House? Extremely likely

Elm House

Husbands mother is a resident of Elm House and has been so for two years, on visiting have been impressed with the staff and their dedication to the residents. They try their best to care for the needs of individuals. Vincent the activity arranger does a marvellous job of arranging events and activities for those that want to join in. The home is clean and the staff also friendly to visitors.

Elm House

My mother has been in resident in Elm House for two and a half years, on visiting I have always been very impressed in the care given to mum, the staff are caring and excellent and the range of activities are as diverse and as interesting as mum is able to partake in. My impression is of caring staff who are very interested in the residents and always interact with them and aim to improve their lives.

Elm House

Excellent care, constant care.

Elm House

Elm house is a relatively small nursing home in a victorian building. This building has narrow corridors, which connect excellent facilities and large rooms. The conservatory is lovely to sit in and socialise in. Regular singers/entertainers are invited in for residents. There is also a separate activities room looking out on an accessible garden (residents ducks ass interest) The rooms are ensuite and well cared for/cleaned to a high standard. The staff are incredible and constantly go the extra mile to help residents and their visitors/family. The matron Brenda and staff are very caring about the residents and good communication to family members. The chef is excellent and prepares great food. The activities co-ordinator Vincent is also excellent and communicates well with family. We enjoy seeing his updates on the website. We are very happy with the care homes family atmosphere and the way they deal with our relative. I would highly recommend an excellent service.

Elm House

Anxious about sending a loved one into care. A difficult decision. I am certain now that I made the right choice. There may be nicer decor in some of the so called other luxury homes but the standard of care in this home is superb.

Elm House

Firstly and most importantly an excellent, professional and caring matron! Friendly and caring staff. Good communications. Overall a warm and friendly environment for mum.

Elm House

Dad is very well cared for. The rest of the family are well supported.

Elm House

From my first contact with Elm House I encountered caring support and genuine interest. Albeit mother's stay was brief she was looked after with tender loving care and received exemplary nursing attendance. For the first time since her onset of ill health I experienced 'peace' with the assurance of her being well looked after. We were both treated with respect and awareness of our differing needs. Thank you all.

Elm House

Elm House is always clean and smells fresh. All the residents are nicely dressed and smart. The staff and especially the Matron has time to talk to you and re-assure you if you worry.

Elm House

Very caring staff who are kind and patient.

Elm House

Excellent caring staff, qualified nurses, happy bunch, bright and comfortable modern rooms. Nothing too much trouble. Very good food. Highly recommended.

Elm House

Elm House is a very caring home. The staff are totally dedicated to their work and to their patients. The atmosphere is always so welcoming no matter what time you visit. The food is excellent and cooked on the premises. I am so glad that we chose this 'home' it really lives up to the name it has.

Elm House

I've enjoyed my trips out to the park and the activities and my times in the garden in the lovely summer weather we have had. The food is very good.

Submit a Recommendation for Elm House

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Elm House