Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice
Elm House, Southport, Merseyside
Elm House
Elm House

Elm House is a luxury nursing home with over 30 years reputation of providing the highest standards of care and facilities. Elm House is tastefully decorated and furnished to create a gracious, elegant and comfortable environment.

Elm House provides 30 large, single en-suite bedrooms which are furnished to a high standard. Our elegant communal rooms, include a beautiful sitting and dining room with a conservatory, as well as a modern lounge with direct access onto our beautifully landscaped garden.

We have a dedicated activities coordinator who ensures that there is always something to do to suit all tastes. Our activities include: exercise sessions, reminiscence sessions, bingo, quizzes and more. We also regularly employ musical entertainers at the home at weekends.

We are especially proud of our brand new therapy suite. Our in house therapist is trained in alternative therapies including, Reiki hand and foot massage and meditation.

We have established a particularly good reputation for our extensive mouth-watering cuisine. Our cook is always willing to pull out the stops for residents special occasions and parties.

If you are looking for a truly magnificent nursing home for yourself, a friend or a relative please contact our matron Breda Hickey for further details or to arrange a viewing of this reputable care home.

Owner: Premcard Ltd

Person in charge: Breda Hickey (Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sefton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 30 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Asperger Syndrome • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken (other than English): Malay

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £510 – £635

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Elm House: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Elm House

(Nursing Accommodation)
posted 10 Apr 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Elm House

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.7 for Elm House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Elm House on Wednesday 12 February 2014 by Jo (Daughter of Resident)

From my first contact with Elm House I encountered caring support and genuine interest. Albeit mother's stay was brief she was looked after with tender loving care and received exemplary nursing attendance. For the first time since her onset of ill health I experienced 'peace' with the assurance of her being well looked after. We were both treated with respect and awareness of our differing needs. Thank you all.

Review of Elm House on Wednesday 8 January 2014 by June G (Daughter of Resident)

Elm House is always clean and smells fresh. All the residents are nicely dressed and smart. The staff and especially the Matron has time to talk to you and re-assure you if you worry.

Review of Elm House on Friday 26 July 2013 by A.B (Daughter of Service User)

Very caring staff who are kind and patient.

Review of Elm House on Friday 26 July 2013 by Jackie H (Daughter of resident)

Excellent caring staff, qualified nurses, happy bunch, bright and comfortable modern rooms. Nothing too much trouble. Very good food. Highly recommended.

Review of Elm House on Thursday 11 July 2013 by Bernadette W (Wife of resident)

Elm House is a very caring home. The staff are totally dedicated to their work and to their patients. The atmosphere is always so welcoming no matter what time you visit. The food is excellent and cooked on the premises. I am so glad that we chose this 'home' it really lives up to the name it has.

Review of Elm House on Thursday 11 July 2013 by Dorothy F (Resident)

I've enjoyed my trips out to the park and the activities and my times in the garden in the lovely summer weather we have had. The food is very good.

Review of Elm House on Monday 13 May 2013 by Ian A (Son of resident)

Staff and management are welcoming and approachable. The staff members I met were so friendly and good to my dad. The rooms and home were spotless and fresh. Excellent.

Review of Elm House on Friday 26 April 2013 by Tonia Duffy (Daughter)

My dearest Dad has been a resident at Elm House since July 2012. He went to Elm House as his mobility had become very poor and he had vascular dementia. It is very difficult putting a loved on into a Nursing Home however I would not hesitate in recommending Elm House as they looked after Dad so well, from food to company the carers became his friend even coming with us on doctors appointments and offering support. Unfortunately only a few weeks ago Dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and from hospital he returned to Elm House who tenderly cared for him and were able to provide all aspects of palliative care with kindness and dignity. They even supported us as a family. Particular mention has to be made of Breda the Matron who really shows compassion and the care of the residents is of up most importance to her. At first when you enter a nursing home it is always upsetting but once you get used to it you appreciate the amount of hard work and dedication required by the staff and they certainly fit the bill. Even the cleaners are caring and pleasant. Your loved one will be safe and well cared for at Elm House and I really mean that. My Dad who sadly passed away on the 8th April 2013 would want me to say a great big 'thank you' to them all he appreciated their care of him so much

Review of Elm House on Thursday 25 April 2013 by Margaret Topper (Sister of resident)

My sister died two weeks ago and I wanted to commend the staff at Elm House for the care they gave my sister in her last year of life. I live in Arizona but would call every three or four days and it it usually entailed contacting the staff to go up to the room and assist my sister in answering the phone. She always had praise for them and felt that they truly cared for her, and even though she had little appetite, she always praised the food. Being her only direct family left, it gave me great peace of mind to know she was in caring hands.

Review of Elm House on Friday 1 February 2013 by Paul (Son of Resident)

My mother has been a resident at Elm House for the last six months. I am extremely happy with the care that she receives, and would have no hesitation in recommending to others who have to make this difficult decision. The difference that I see is that there is a caring nature in all staff, at whatever level, and a desire to communicate with the residents and their relatives to meet any needs that arise. Activities for the residents are well promoted, and every weekday the co-ordinator is on-hand to enable residents to have group activities such as games, chats, film shows or listening to a regular performer who visits the home. The positive attitude that Elm House displays is a welcome change from the press that usually is associated with care homes, and it is very uplifting that the home strives to communicate with relatives, so as the needs of the residents are met.

Review of Elm House on Wednesday 22 August 2012 by Stephen Brownson (son of resident)

My mother has been permanently resident in Elm House for some time now and is content and happy, being well looked after. She enjoys much of the food, with Penny in the kitchen being very good at meeting her particular eating requirements. In addition one of the directors brings her a special bread that she likes from London, on his visits to the home. She also enjoys the regular and hot cups of tea she receives. There are some very caring and helpful members of staff working at the home. On my mum's last birthday they baked her a cake and all gathered round to sing happy birthday to her. Also the activities are well thought out and help to keep the residents active in mind and body.

Review of Elm House on Thursday 9 August 2012 by Clare P (Daughter of Resident)

All the staff, management, nursing and care assistants treated my dad with great care and made great efforts to ensure he was as happy and comfortable as possible.

Review of Elm House on Wednesday 1 August 2012 by Chelyn and Maggie (relative of a resident)

JULY 2012 We had a relative stay at Elm House for a week respite for my mum to have a break. Staff made Ged very welcome they also made us very welcome and were friendly and helpful. Staff at Elm House cared for Ged very well. When Ged came back home he also told us how well the staff had cared for him. I would highly recommend Elm House nursing home. Thank You to all staff who do an excellent job.

Review of Elm House on Friday 15 June 2012 by Anthea Caruana (Daughter of resident)

I thoroughly enjoy periodically looking at the website to see if any new photos have been put on. There I can see my 99 year old Mum doing some sort of activity. A special spread was made for Jubilee weekend and they all seem to have had a lovely time. As I live abroad I cannot visit as often as if I lived in the UK so this a great way of keeping up to date. There seems to be much more going on now since the new owners took over so this can only be a good thing. No one wants to just sit in a chair waiting for the hours to pass...minds need stimulation and from the photos we can see evidence of this. Thanks for all you do for Mum.

Review of Elm House on Monday 28 May 2012 by Andrew Rimmer (Nephew of Resident)

When my aunt went into Elm House she was very frail and had advanced dementia. However I was very impressed by the level of care she received and she thoroughly enjoyed her last few weeks of life. She used to ask visitors with a smile "what do you think of my hotel?" The care is second to none and I would recommend the home to anyone considering residential care for an older relative.

Review of Elm House on Friday 4 May 2012 by Graham Dugdale (Son of Resident)

My mum has been in Elm House for about 6 weeks now. The enthusiasm and care shown by the staff just on our initial viewing was very impressive and led to us choosing Elm House at short notice. Since my mum has been a resident I have been very pleased with the quality of care she has received for someone who has quite a lot of medical and social needs. My father spends long periods at Elm House sitting with my mum and again has been treated with a great deal of respect and kindness. There is investment in entertainment, exercise and personal care which more able residents are able to take advantage of. The food is particularly good which is pleasing for me as she was not eating well at home. We have some experience of other homes in the Southport area and have to say that Elm House is significantly better than the others we have seen. Recently one of the EH directors solicited some personal feedback from me which again shows a drive to improve and listen to customers. Congratulations to the Elm House team, please keep up the good work!

Review of Elm House on Wednesday 2 May 2012 by Ian Thomas (Nephew and next-of-kin of resident)

My aunt was very poorly on admission and whilst her condition will continue to deteriorate the Elm House staff have met my high expectations and provide professional, responsive and considerate support to a potentially vulnerable patient.

Submit a Recommendation for Elm House

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Elm House and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Elm House