Revitalise Sandpipers, Southport, Merseyside

Revitalise delivers breaks that go far beyond traditional respite care, by offering an excellent range of themed breaks complete with daytime excursions, in-house activities and entertainment that give the centres a unique holiday atmosphere.

Revitalise specialises in providing respite holidays for adults with physical disabilities as well as Alzheimer’s and dementia, with 24 hour on call nursing care available and over 50 years experience catering for over 150 different disabilities.

Sandpipers offers a picturesque location within easy reach of some of the North’s best attractions. The centre features a sun terrace and heated indoor hydrotherapy pool. Whether guests want to socialise or relax, the choice is theirs.

Sandpipers has provision for both dual and single occupancy. Guests have a call system and television in their bedroom, as well as en-suite bathrooms with assisted bathing. Specialist equipment including hoists and profiling beds are available on request.

Group: Revitalise Respite Holidays

Person in charge: Darren Andrew Holloran (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sefton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 38 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Holiday centre/respite care only. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Revitalise Sandpipers: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.2 for Revitalise Sandpipers) is based on 14 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Revitalise Sandpipers

I smoke to relax my nerves, particularly because I have mental health problems. I smoke a pipe, not cigarettes and have an e-pipe as well. When I first came to Sandpipers in 2002, it was still possible to smoke indoors. Since then Sandpipers has changed completely, it is now much more comfortable. In 2012 I revisited Sandpipers with a personal carer, we had to use a fairly basic outside smoking shelter, which was battered by the wind. This time I came and had a single room. The smoking shelter was humane.

Revitalise Sandpipers

My first visit to Sandpiper holiday home was very enjoyable, the environment and outings and the care shown to me was very good. I hope to be able to visit your centre at the same time next year as it makes a pleasant change to my every day life.

Revitalise Sandpipers

I use Sandpipers because as a disabled and visually impaired client I am unable to travel independently as a result I go the Sandpipers to visit places. I would bot be able to visit as Sandpipers provide both care and social needs which I may not get at other establishments long may Vitalise continue.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Don't know

Louise Ranger, Marketing Assistant at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 29 Jul 2015:

Dear Ian, thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoy your breaks and the range of trips on offer. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Sandpipers soon!

Revitalise Sandpipers

The care that my wife received was excellent, no job too small. As her carer, I received a very well earned rest. The staff at Sandpipers are so helpful, the care team take over my wife's care as soon as we arrived. We have recommended the company to a lot of our friends and to our own carers to tell any of their own clients.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely likely

Dear David, thank you for your feedback. Providing excellent care is something we pride ourselves on - so we are thrilled to read your comments and will ensure they are forwarded to the centre. Thank you for recommending us - we hope to welcome you both back to Sandpipers again soon!

Revitalise Sandpipers

My son loves going to Sandpiper. They have so much fun and he is so well cared for by the nursing staff. Everyone is so friendly, from mangers to cleaning staff. He always says how great the food is and from the smells coming out of the kitchen I can only agree. He has been going for so long now we feel part of it.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely likely

Dear Barbara, thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled to read that your son enjoys going to Sandpipers and feels part of the Revitalise family. We will ensure your comments are forwarded to the centre, and we hope to welcome him back soon for another break!

Revitalise Sandpipers

It enables me to have a holiday and a break from my flat as I am housebound and it gives me a change of four walls.

Dear Alice, thank you very much for your feedback. We are so pleased to read that your breaks at Sandpipers give you a change of scenery. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Revitalise Sandpipers

When I first arrived I unpacked my bag and had a cup of tea. Then came the introduction then we all picked where we wanted to go on the daily excursions. I stayed at the Sandpipers centre for the first day after arriving. I was awake when the night care staff called into my room on their nightly checks. The unfortunate thing was, even though such a practice is reassuring, the night staff could not stay to chat! Good job really, because I needed all my energy for the activities which were great.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely likely

Louise Ranger, Marketing Assistant at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 31 Jul 2015:

Dear Joe, thank you for your feedback. We enjoyed reading about your last break at Sandpipers, and hope we can welcome you back for another visit again soon!

Revitalise Sandpipers

I love it t Sandpipers, the staff are lovely. The will go out of there war to help you. Volunteers are nice as well they always talk to you, and they are always good mixture.

Revitalise Sandpipers

I really enjoy going to Sandpipers it gives my parents a break from caring for me, also gives me a break too. When I go there I usually meet up with people I haven't seen for a while. I also enjoy going on the trips Sandpipers provide.

Revitalise Sandpipers

Revitalise Sandpipers is a fantastic place to stay if you are a disabled person and in need of a break/holiday. You are treated as a person NOT patient you have 24 hour support. I can be me when I go to Sandpipers, ALL the staff and volunteers do everything they can to help me and ensure I get the most from my holiday. If you have never tried it before you HAVE to try Sandpipers it is THE best place to go.

Revitalise Sandpipers

Care I received was exceptional each time I have been, this was my third visit.

Revitalise Sandpipers

Personal care is attentive, response to calls for assistance is always rapid. The staff are friendly and really caring. Food and drink quality and quantity exceed guest expectations. To stay at Sandpipers is not cheap but very definitely excellent value for money. Overall the best respite care in a pleasant location in a small town with big facilities.

Revitalise Sandpipers

Everyone friendly, kind and helpful. Volunteers were very good, always there to help in any way.

Revitalise Sandpipers

The centre has a happy, efficient atmosphere. The staff and volunteers treat guests with respect and make sure the carer as well as the guest enjoy their stay. This particular centre caters for disabled people so this is so important.

Submit a Review for Revitalise Sandpipers

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Revitalise Sandpipers

There are no jobs posted yet for Revitalise Sandpipers

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Revitalise Sandpipers