Revitalise Sandpipers, Southport, Merseyside

Revitalise delivers breaks that go far beyond traditional respite care, by offering an excellent range of themed breaks complete with daytime excursions, in-house activities and entertainment that give the centres a unique holiday atmosphere.

Revitalise specialises in providing respite holidays for adults with physical disabilities as well as Alzheimer’s and dementia, with 24 hour on call nursing care available and over 50 years experience catering for over 150 different disabilities.

Sandpipers offers a picturesque location within easy reach of some of the North’s best attractions. The centre features a sun terrace and heated indoor hydrotherapy pool. Whether guests want to socialise or relax, the choice is theirs.

Sandpipers has provision for both dual and single occupancy. Guests have a call system and television in their bedroom, as well as en-suite bathrooms with assisted bathing. Specialist equipment including hoists and profiling beds are available on request.

Group: Revitalise Respite Holidays

Person in charge: Katrine Schofield (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sefton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 38 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cerebral Palsy • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Holiday centre/respite care only. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Revitalise Sandpipers: click here

9.3 Revitalise Sandpipers has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.300)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Revitalise Sandpipers is based on 15 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.300 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.511 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.789 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.300 for Revitalise Sandpipers is based on 15 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.511 for Revitalise Sandpipers is calculated as follows: ( (108 Excellents x 5) + (56 Goods x 4) + (16 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 180 Ratings = 4.511

The Quantity Score of 4.789 for Revitalise Sandpipers is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Revitalise Sandpipers?

Reviewer Connection to Revitalise Sandpipers

• Mother of Resident/Service User

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

5 Reviews* is 4.5 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 5 reviews. Ratings from the 10 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

My brother passed away two days prior to going to Sandpipers from motor neuron, aged 57. When I arrived the staff were informed by myself and they passed this information on at handover and I felt able to talk to anyone about this if I needed to. The activities kept me busy so I had other things to do and think about. Because I was at Sandpipers it took the pressure off family during a difficult time.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely Likely

Louise Ranger, Marketing Manager at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 25 Jul 2016:

Hello, thank you for your feedback and please accept our sincere condolences. We are encouraged to hear that you received the support you needed during your stay at Sandpipers, the care and support we provide our guests during their stay is our top priority. We hope to welcome you back to the centre soon. Best wishes, The Revitalise Team.

Excellent care and hospitality provided during our holiday break. Special thoughtful care for my 97 years old mother - who has dementia.
For me - family carer (and son) a welcome break - no cooking, no washing up and no laundry to do!!
Well organised trips available.
Entertainment in the afternoons/evenings.
A special night out for carers during the week.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely Likely

Louise Ranger, Marketing Manager at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 24 Mar 2016:

Thank you so much for your comments, we are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at Sandpipers! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Until the 8th of February I had never heard of this respite care, when I received a leaflet explaining what it offered. By the 12th of February I had booked to arrive on the 20th of February, I had the most relaxing and worry free experience of my life. From using the aqua therapy pool to the massages really made me feel like a new person.
The staff and volunteers couldn't do enough for me, and nothing was too much for them. The food and the times for eating were both excellent.
The Sandpipers rejuvenated me to where I never thought I would ever experience again. This service you provide is second to none and I will forever be grateful for being allowed to have a chance to enjoy this experience. It will live with me for a long time, thank-you for providing me with this opportunity. Revitalise.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely Likely

Thank you so much for your feedback, which I have passed onto the team at Sandpipers. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your first visit and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another rejuvenating break!
Best wishes, Louise

Really enjoyed the variety of trips. The ratio of staff to guests exceeded my expectation. I was particularly pleased with the level of care that was available. The surroundings were beautiful, being on the lake.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Extremely Likely

Kelly Lawrence, Marketing Executive at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 10 Dec 2015:

Hi Beryl, we are pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at Sandpipers. We hope to see you both again soon! Thanks,
Kelly

I had never been to Sandpipers Southport before this visit, I didn't want to go, everyone told me I'd love it, I didn't believe them. However I loved it; everything was lovely, the staff, days out and I made friends, the staff want me to come back. I've told my carer I want to go back to Sandpipers revitalise, she says I'll have to be careful with my money as if is very expensive. I am definitely going to book for two weeks stay there, I loved it.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Likely

Kelly Lawrence, Marketing Executive at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 15 Sep 2015:

Hi Margaret, wow! We are so pleased to hear you had a great time at Sandpipers! We appreciate that going on holiday somewhere new can sometimes be an apprehensive time so we are really glad that you loved your time at Sandpipers as much as you did. The team at Sandpipers will be thrilled to hear your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Kind regards, Kelly

I smoke to relax my nerves, particularly because I have mental health problems. I smoke a pipe, not cigarettes and have an e-pipe as well. When I first came to Sandpipers in 2002, it was still possible to smoke indoors. Since then Sandpipers has changed completely, it is now much more comfortable. In 2012 I revisited Sandpipers with a personal carer, we had to use a fairly basic outside smoking shelter, which was battered by the wind. This time I came and had a single room. The smoking shelter was humane.

No Average Rating is available*

Kelly Lawrence, Marketing Executive at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 11 Sep 2015:

Hi Michael,
We are glad to hear that you are happy with the upgrade that has happened to Sandpipers in the time between your visits. We understand that some of our guests do choose to smoke and although Sandpipers is a smokefree venue, a comfortable space is provided for people who wish to smoke. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Kelly

My first visit to Sandpiper holiday home was very enjoyable, the environment and outings and the care shown to me was very good. I hope to be able to visit your centre at the same time next year as it makes a pleasant change to my every day life.

Hi Anne,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. That's fantastic that you enjoyed your first Revitalise holiday at Sandpipers. Bookings are now open for next year so you are able to get in and reserve your space for your preferred time next year you would like to go. Hopefully we'll see you again soon :)
Kelly

I use Sandpipers because as a disabled and visually impaired client I am unable to travel independently as a result I go the Sandpipers to visit places. I would bot be able to visit as Sandpipers provide both care and social needs which I may not get at other establishments long may Vitalise continue.

How likely would you be to recommend Revitalise Sandpipers? Don't know

No Average Rating is available*

Louise Ranger, Marketing Assistant at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 29 Jul 2015:

Dear Ian, thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoy your breaks and the range of trips on offer. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Sandpipers soon!

The care that my wife received was excellent, no job too small. As her carer, I received a very well earned rest. The staff at Sandpipers are so helpful, the care team take over my wife's care as soon as we arrived. We have recommended the company to a lot of our friends and to our own carers to tell any of their own clients.

No Average Rating is available*

Dear David, thank you for your feedback. Providing excellent care is something we pride ourselves on - so we are thrilled to read your comments and will ensure they are forwarded to the centre. Thank you for recommending us - we hope to welcome you both back to Sandpipers again soon!

My son loves going to Sandpiper. They have so much fun and he is so well cared for by the nursing staff. Everyone is so friendly, from mangers to cleaning staff. He always says how great the food is and from the smells coming out of the kitchen I can only agree.
He has been going for so long now we feel part of it.

No Average Rating is available*

Dear Barbara, thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled to read that your son enjoys going to Sandpipers and feels part of the Revitalise family. We will ensure your comments are forwarded to the centre, and we hope to welcome him back soon for another break!

It enables me to have a holiday and a break from my flat as I am housebound and it gives me a change of four walls.

No Average Rating is available*

Dear Alice, thank you very much for your feedback. We are so pleased to read that your breaks at Sandpipers give you a change of scenery. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

When I first arrived I unpacked my bag and had a cup of tea. Then came the introduction then we all picked where we wanted to go on the daily excursions. I stayed at the Sandpipers centre for the first day after arriving. I was awake when the night care staff called into my room on their nightly checks. The unfortunate thing was, even though such a practice is reassuring, the night staff could not stay to chat! Good job really, because I needed all my energy for the activities which were great.

No Average Rating is available*

Louise Ranger, Marketing Assistant at Revitalise Sandpipers responded to this review on 31 Jul 2015:

Dear Joe, thank you for your feedback. We enjoyed reading about your last break at Sandpipers, and hope we can welcome you back for another visit again soon!

I love it t Sandpipers, the staff are lovely. The will go out of there war to help you. Volunteers are nice as well they always talk to you, and they are always a good mixture.

Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you kindly for the review you have submitted. We agree, the volunteers are certainly always a good mixture! We look forward to hopefully seeing you in Southport again soon :)
Kelly

I really enjoy going to Sandpipers it gives my parents a break from caring for me, also gives me a break too. When I go there I usually meet up with people I haven't seen for a while. I also enjoy going on the trips Sandpipers provide.

Hi Lynda,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you and your parents had a great break and that you were able to catch up with your friends too!
Kelly

Revitalise Sandpipers is a fantastic place to stay if you are a disabled person and in need of a break/holiday. You are treated as a person NOT patient you have 24 hour support. I can be me when I go to Sandpipers, ALL the staff and volunteers do everything they can to help me and ensure I get the most from my holiday. If you have never tried it before you HAVE to try Sandpipers it is THE best place to go.

Hi Jane,
Thank you so much for your glowing review! We are so pleased that you have a fantastic time at Sandpipers, we think the staff and volunteers are just the bees knees as well! We look forward to having you there again soon :)

Submit a Review for Revitalise Sandpipers

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Revitalise Sandpipers

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Revitalise Sandpipers